General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi , I haven't used this company but did use stress free airport parking at gatwick who do th same valet parking , judging by the mileage difference it was taken about 4 miles away , usually somewhere like Crawley , the car was returned ok but had been driven aggressively as the estimated miles left had decreased by a lot , and as I drove home in normal fashion the " miles left" started to increase again significantly ,

I wouldn't use this service again , I was just being lazy in taking my car to the car park as we were only away for 3 days , if I leant my car to a friend I know he would look after it and not be tempted to see what it could do ,

I think these guys want to check how long the 0 to 60 takes , I could have told them it was 6 secs , and it's alright for me to do that but not them ! My opinion is that you would be safer letting Clarkson drive it .
Thank you Andy, my friends ex-husband used to operate a meet & greet and after what she told me, it has made me a bit wary, but I don't want to paint them all with the same brush! :think
just a thought on this;
i would double check with your insurance company what, if anything, you were covered for after you hand over your keys.
i would also try to check out what insurance you will get from these companies should your car be damaged, stolen etc
i know there are good and bad companies, but once you hand over your keys you are at their mercy.
like booking your holiday, double check everything first.
Do not use Apple/secureparking.com !

I called them 20 mins before arrival as advised, when I arrived they kept me waitining for 40 mins, I ended up missing my flight. :(
My Email to Apple/Secure Gatwick parking.....Perhaps you would like to include this in your testimonials. We booked a meet and greet service with you, the collect ran smoothly on 6th Dec 2012. When we returned on 21st December 2012 our aeroplane landed early. As this hadn't been a problem with other meet and greet service providers we called and was told that our car would be with us within 15-20 minutes... it was quite cold after returning from a 87 deg heat and travelling for 10.5 hours so after waiting outside for 45 minutes we managed to get through to the office. We were told that there was a lot of traffic and the car would be with us in 10 minutes. After a further 20 minutes we called again (0645hrs) and we were told that our car wasn't going to be released until 0700hrs, My partner was furious.... however we (myself, daughter and partner) went inside to warm up for 15 minutes. At 0700hrs we returned to the departures area as instructed and waited and waited after 35 minutes we managed to get through to the office where we were told that the car would be there in 15 minutes again we waited and after 15 minutes tried again several times before getting through to the office again. The man said the car was on the way and i said that if the car wasn't with us in 10 minutes the we would call the police. After a further 15 minutes and still no car my partner sought help from an alternative source. At this point when he got in touch with the office he was informed that you had lost our car keys and for us to wait in costa coffee until you called us. Finally after a further 30 minutes our car pulled up outside. After :banghead: speaking with a manager a full refund was promised which we have not received. Your customer service was poor, we were lied to and have not had the refund as promised. Would we use you again without a shadow of a doubt NO! would I recommend you NO!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.