Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
MEET AND GREET
565 Posts
As you know I am the mod of this forum. I also mod several other forums on HT. I am a primary school teacher. I am married, no kids and my hobby is travel! I don't have time for other hobbies, I am too busy here! Believe it or not, I have never been to Goa! I have been to quite few other places though. My favourites are Thailand, Rio and I loved my first holiday to Bali last summer. Off to Hong Kong, Saigon and Bangkok shortly and Antigua in the summer.
Now- who's next?? :lol:
Edit
Finally been to Goa (Oct 2007) and am booked to go back the following March! :D
  • Edited by Fiona 2007-11-10 13:50:21
I'm Rachel, hence my nic. ( I'm 33 not 9 tho)
Work as a dental hygienist full time, married, no kids and no intentions of having any,have a lovely puppy who is our substitute baby!!
Love to travel, had never been abroad until I was 27 when we decided to go on a cruise round the canaries, then med cruise, caribean,then transatlantic via Iceland to New york. Las vegas with mad gambler brother for his 40th :shock:
We went to goa in 99 for first time and have returned most years this being our fifth visit (departing on thurs :D cannot wait)
Booked to go to Langkawi in Malaysia for New year , never done the far east so looking forward to a new experience.
This forum is a mine of information and very helpful for newbies, wish i had read it before our first visit to Goa :wink:
I'm Jo ( I'm 41)
Work as a school finance officer in a primary school. Im married, one son (21) and 2 step daughters (5 & 11)
I also love to travel, been to Mexico, Cuba, Spain, Cruising the Med, Morrocco Canaries..... Learning the Spanish language at the moment.

We went to goa in 2004 for first time and have returnedtwice a year (usually Christmas and Easter due to school holiday restrictions) - Go on 8th April and cant wait!.

Booked to go to Red Sea in July and to visit my son who lives in Spain with his Dad in August.

I agree with Rach - this forum is fantastic - I think I read the posts every day!

Hi, i'm Paul I live in Cramlington, Northumberland, married no kids - the clock is ticking - I work as a Bakery Manager for a big supermarket, we also sell baked potatoes at the weekend at Catterick Market. We've enjoyed many holidays around the world but we've settled on Goa in the winter (5 times and counting) and France in the summer (7 times and counting)
Howay the lads
Hi, I'm Sam, I'm 25 from Cheshire and I work as a PA to Chief Executive.

Am engaged and living with my fiance, have 2 dogs but no children.

Have been to Goa twice :lol:
hi..all..i.am david aged 60 feel younger..two grown up kids and four grand children...first went to goa in 1996 ..with my wife loved it to bit's and talked my kids into going they felt the same ...they going again in august .with all the grand kids ......regards ..johndoe .......p.s. really like this site so much info ...on nearly all day keep going strong.. :D :)
Hi im Nicola from Bolton.I am doing an Accountancy degree at Manchester University and im a purchase ledger clerk. I have a little lad whose 3 in June and i got married last year. I first went to Goa with my parents when i was 11 and this year will be my 4th time, my husbands second time and my sons second time.
It's good to get to know a little about other members.
Yes, this is a great forum and its all of you who make it so good!
  • Edited by Fiona 2006-03-20 14:30:07
Hello everyone, :wave

My name is Leslie aka lez. And I'm shy.

Divorced with 3 kids all grow up and left the nest 9 grandchildren,

I'm a retired marine engineer officer, as you would expect I have visited many countries from as far north as Archangel in northern Russia to New Zealand.
Favourite country, don't have one, country I wont go back to, any African country.

I have been to India but not Goa, one of many reasons I am going to Goa is to see if I can up stakes and live there, my kids want me to sell up and buy overseas so they can have cheep holidays. I don't think I will buy, just rent.
I had a look around Spain last year and perhaps I was shown the wrong properties by the wrong agents but, no thank you!!! (Either too expensive or just dumps)

What else, well I don't care about football or cricket; I like my food and drink far too much for my own good,

And that's me folks

oh yes I drop in this forum 20+ times a day

lez
Hi everybody

I'm Polly, aged 52, from Derbyshire and am retired. Can't wait for my hubby to retire too so we can go on extended holidays.

I'm married and we have no kids, just a maniac cat, who goes into the cattery when we go off on our jaunts.

We've been to Goa five times, first time in 1994, last time Feb 2006 - boy, has it changed over the years!

We've also visited Sri Lanka numerous times, Bali, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Egypt, Cuba, Mexico, Tunisia, Turkey, Greece, Italy, US but only been to Spain once.

My hobbies are travel (going on holiday, reading about holidays, researching new places to go on holiday, reminiscing about holidays....) , walking (mostly in the Peak district) and reading.

I've found lots of interesting information from this website.
52 and retired. How did you manage that? It must be wonderful!
Hi Fiona
not wishing to go :offtop ...but you did ask.....

I worked for the Post Office for 33 years and just happened to be in the right place at the right time when they were downsizing and as I was over 50, it was Early Retirement, rather than Redundancy for me.

You are so right, it IS wonderful - I can honestly say that being a lady of leisure is the best job I've ever had. :lol:
I'm just getting to know you better! I think I can forgive myself for going a little off topic this once! :lol:
Hi all
I'm Alan. I'm a pub manager in Windlesham, Surrey :glynis . Been going to Goa for the last five years so still consider myself a bit of a newbie!! :lol: visited lots of Europe and USA, China, Hong Kong, Singapore Thailand, Malaysia etc... Wanna someday visit South American countries and will use this site for info... Am an Arsenal fan hence the sign in name. I'm 45,single (though the girlfriend won't like me saying that :wink: ) and no kids...
Got lots of help from this forum and hope I've managed to put some info back. Made many friends from the Lazy Days meets as well....This site is way too addictive :omg
Thank you All
Alan
Hi I'm Tasha, I'm 33 and I live in Westcliff-on-sea. I work for BT resourcing engineers for the NHS. I live with my boyfriend and have 2 maniac cats, no kids yet but we shall see not too sure I feel the need. Ive been going to Goa since 1999, first went with my mum and hated it for the first 24 hours and then loved it so much I cried my eyes out when I had to come home. I spent 4 months living in Baga and Calugute 2 years ago and this is the first time Ive been back since. I hope it hasnt changed too much. Cant wait to show my boyfriend the reason why Ive been bouncing off the walls with excitement for the last 2 months !!
I pop into this site about 10 times a day ! its been really informative and I cant wait to try out some of the restaurant recommendations
Hi I`m Andy and I`m an Alchoholic :oops:

OOPS wrong forum .........

Right I`m Andy married to Julie who`s 40th birthday it is while we are away and the reason for coming, we have 2 kids a daughter 21 and a Son 16 and live in sunny Oldham in Lancashire and I make my living as a DJ.

I fell in love with Goa after travelling around India for 3 months and ended my last month there in 1999. I have since returned to spend another 2 months just in Goa and that was in 2001.

I have visited Canada, USA, Dubai and much of Europe and part own a bar in Benidorm, but Goa beats them all hands down. I have found this board very useful indeed and visit far more often than I should :lol:

Roll on the 23 rd March 8)

Hi I`m Andy and I`m an Alchoholic

:rofl
yes- I was thinking the same as I was reading through the posts!
Still- it is like an addiction isn't it?
Hi I'm Kay (you'd never have guessed)
I'm a 7th timer in 5 days when I leave for 3 weeks. I am married to Jim (a 6th timer) and we don't have rug-rats. He is a copper and I am in the RAF based in Lincolnshire. :fly
First time to Goa was way back in 1995 with a girl friend when the shacks on the beach where few and far between and you could drunk on £1.50p!!! :glynis
Goa is the only place I have returned to again and again although I have been to USA, Canada, Oz, NZ, Singapore, Hong Kong, Cuba, Margarita, Bali, Thailand, Europe and many others. Still lots of places I want to explore in the world but Goa has this invisible hold on me and I always leave wanting to return again.
:kiss
Hi all,
I'm Gail, 47, married for 25 yrs to Ray. No children but 5 cats and 2 dogs. I worked as a lab supervisor for 29yrs. 2 Years ago I took a redundancy package but got bored with not working/meeting people so now work 12hrs a week in a local department store. Hubby is a health and safety consultant. We live in N. Ireland.
We love travelling and try to do as much of it as possible. Have been to Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Phillipines, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Cuba, S. Africa, Mexico, Russia, Turkey, USA and most of Europe. We've also done a few Caribbean and Med cruises.
I love the far east but think India is my favourite country. A few years ago we did a tour of the North and it was amazing. We've been to Goa 3 times and are heading back next weekend. We love the people, the food and the atmosphere. I'm relatively new to the HT site and as well as being addicted to Goa I'm definitely addicted to the site. I usually check it out daily. Husband's delighted that I spend a lot of time on here as it keeps me from spending too much money on Ebay!!
It's been really interesting reading about everyone else.
Regards
Gail
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.