Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
toe
565 Posts
Hi all,
My name is Stewart, & my long term partner is Deborah (little deb), we have been together longer than I can remember (23 years). We live in Rastrick (nr Brighouse) west Yorkshire. We have been going to Goa for 4 years now, wish we found it earlier. We have a son (Robert) 18 years & a daughter (Stephanie) 15 years. Although I am not a religious person, somehow I feel if there is a god, I am closer to him/her in Goa.
When I first booked to go to Goa, Deborah was very worried about what to expect. But it is the only place for her now.
I am really glad I found HT's on the internet, it has been a valuable source of information for us & what a great set of people you all are.
Thank you all for your info/chat.
Only every met a couple of you HTer's in the flesh, but feel as though I know you all personally.
Will try to attend the meeting more often @ lazydays.
Keep up the good work as this is a brilliant site

Best Regards to All
Stewbacca & Family. :thanks
Comrades

Me & the 'bidie-in' (both in our 40th year) will be making our Goan debut in November at the Marinha Dourada in Arpora.

Look forward to picking your collective brains between then and now and, really looking forward to November having read most of the posts on here.

Apologies in advance for any lapses in 'netiquette'.

Cheers

GeeDubya
:wave hiya Geedubya nice to have you onboard ....we are going in november too what date are you both going :?: :wave
welcome to HT GeeDubya! You'll find us a friendly bunch here.
Now :hmmm isnt that a scottish saying 'bidie-in'? Its not used in Glasgow where I live but in Lanarkshire where I work. Not heard it for a wee while tho.
You will love marinha dourada its fabulous, we are going back Feb 2007.
Enjoy yourselves :D
GeeDubya. When are you going in November? We are going there on 26th November.
'Mrs GeeDubya' is dealing with all that stuff.

I think it's near the start.

I must say, it does look nice and sounds just what we're looking for.
hi my name is jamie and have been with my fiance katie for 6 yrs in fact we got engaged in goa last november :shock: .i am 31 yrs old and i am a team leader in a radiator factory and we live in rotherham south yorkshire, this year will be our 3rd time to goa and like most people we totally fell in love with the place and we haven,t been anywhere else since roll on the 2nd of december :lol: hoping to meet a few of you at lazy days..cheers jimbob
bbn
Hi all, my name is Alan and ive been married to my lovely wife Jackie now for almost 17 years. (or is it 18 ) :hmmm
I am 39 yrs old and i work as an architectural masonary engineer and my wife is a shop assistant.
Went to Goa for first time this year in March and loved every minute of it especially the food and drink :glynis Been trying to convince my wife to go back next year and she finally agreed. Was in First Choice within half an hour of her agreeing :) See ya all next March at Lazy Days for a good drink :glynis :pele
:twisted:
Hello all
Some of my mates here (and family) call me twisted cos of my sense of humour My knick name in Goa was Ginlizzy hic hic.
To people who dont know me my name is Betty and husband is Tom we are off to goa via mumbai 11 Nov and staying at Melodious waves in Candolim up near border of Sinquirem. This is the 4th visit and love it. 1ST time was Dona Alcina say no more nice pool though. the next 2 was at the Summerville I love that place even though it is verrrrrrrry basic the lads there are fantastic. Thats why I thought this year I would do a DIY booking. We didnt go last November for various reasons but my sister and her husband went and they went room hunting for us. They found the Melodious Waves, perfect location and my sister said that the rooms were not a basic as the Summerville. So I booked the flights BMI & Indian Airlines bargain at 422. Also got a great deal at the Melodious they were very helpfull with my booking by email.
Cant wait to go. They will even pick us up at the airport for a small charge. If anyone would like any details please ask. If the flights work out well I think I will be sacking package deals as, even though most of the time you pay top dollar booking early to get the dates you want. On board the planes you get totally ripped off for drinks etc.

Anyway bye for now hope to bump into a few of you in Goa, Betty aka Ginlizzy
:wave Hi!!
I skip on and off this site whilst at work and have never noticed this thread until now. I'm Deb, age 43, my chap is Col, I live in Northamptonshire, I work for a construction company based in a small idyllic village as their dogsbody. We don't usually 'do' beach holidays we seem to trapse around ancient ruins so I didn't expect to like Goa as much as I did (in fact a couple of tears trickled down my cheek on the plane home). I started browsing the internet after our first visit earlier this year for more information and to continue the Goa experience. I visit this site far more than I should, hovering at first and have recently got brave enought to join in.
Great chat, great info, great people.
Hi I am Julie, I am completly new to this!
Have posted another message somewhere but I dont know where!
So just found this so thought that I would say HI... and if anyone can give me any info on the Santanna Beach Resort, candolim I would be most grateful. Going there with hubby at Xmas...

Cheers

Julie :D
welcome to HT Julie!
Hi all Im Paul and my wife of 24 years is Anne We first went to Goa 3 years ago on my 50th birth day and fell in love with the place. Were back again on the 27th March. Were both from Manchester and youve guessed it Im Man U fan as well, after all we do live about 2 mile from the ground. Been on HT now I guess for about 2 years and reckon the Goa discussion site is the best everyone answers questions and helps out. Well hopefully next year will get to meet a few people from off here if we can get the times right and the meeting place sorted.

Paul and Anne
hi my name is Pete I'm 51 married with 2 sons at sea and daughter who is a nurse I'm an ex merchant seaman due to an accident on a ship in 1999 which as left me disabled and can no longer work :( i have been all over the world many times over but believe me its completely different from visiting a place on a ship and going there on holiday in them days i used to wear beer goggles but don't drink now due to my health so when me and Karen go on holiday now i get to see alot more of a place rather than just the first bar off the quay :lol: i have been to India a few times but never Goa so we are going for the first time for 2 weeks on the 12th of Nov so cant wait :D :D nearly in single figures oh and by the way this is a first class forum keep up the good work
Hi Pete. we also fly out on 12 November as well, from Manchester. You will love Goa its fantastic.
Im off to goa in november as well with my son for 4 weeks :)
i agree, this forum is excellent.
Hi
:) Hi, my name's Wendy, I live in the Midlands and love going on holiday!! I've been to Goa many times and am off again in October for a week, can't wait. My daughter is 18, just off to Uni and my son 19, works as a rep in Majorca. I am a Residential Social Worker with children with Autism/Challenging Behaviour so I need my hols!! - lots of cheap food and drink!! I've been to Spain, Majorca, Gran Canaria, Greece, Turkey, Thailand and Goa - my favourites are Goa and Turkey. For the last 3 times I've rented a room, hopefully will do the same in October - Candolim. This is a great site, I look forward to chatting to everyone. :wave
Hi Pete and Wendy- great to see new members( not that there is anything wrong with the "old" ones :lol: )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.