Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Helen, that's exactly what I was worrying about. It does sound like a family hotel which will attract lots of children and since we work in a primary school, I'm looking for some peace and relaxation for a fortnight.
Helen T wrote:
Just been looking at this hotel and it has some good reviews. Just one question - With so many water slides, is it full of screaming children? Having 4 grandchildren - I've nothing against kids, it's just not what I'd want from a holiday. I'm looking at Easter time.

shirley h wrote:
Helen, that's exactly what I was worrying about. It does sound like a family hotel which will attract lots of children and since we work in a primary school, I'm looking for some peace and relaxation for a fortnight.

LOL

You two most of the waterslides are for people over 1.4m high so it gets full of screaming ADULTS more than kids
Hi we went easter hols this year,can say everything was fine never really heard screaming kid's never had to queue for slides the park is open to the public,they arrive about 10am.we went first wk of easter hols but we did find that the end of the wk the place started to get busier,i no people who are going in a couple of wks to be honest i think easter time is beter than summer to go.hope this helps. :sun2 :)
If you don't have children going with you & your not bothered about going on the slides then i would deffo give this hotel a miss,it is mainly for family's younger kids toi would say, enterainment bit poor,slides great for all ages but not much eles just for adults
We've just noticed some terrible reviews on Trip Advisor about problems at this hotel in the last couple of weeks and people being moved to other hotels.
Hotels says they have 'maintenance problems'
Has anyone just returned (or is currently there) to give an update.
We are due to travel next week!!

:yikes
hi superpp,
we returned two weeks ago, and had a great time, never heard of anything, about being moved while we were there.
have a good holiday, sure you will have a good time
Errr

They HAD a few problems when it rained but that was weeks ago not heard of anyone being moved had some friend return about 3 weeks ago and they loved it and WE are pricing it up for November as 1st back-up as SWMBO wants beach access this time but if we can't then we will go back again without hesitation
Hi aii just returned (two days ago) we had a great time but there is probs with over booking and some people were moved to the sister hotel while we were there i have posted a small review but any questions i will try to answer

Dave :)
hi can anyone give me any tips going to aqua blu sharm flying with viking have heard lots of bad reveiws for both hotel and airline little concerned please help does anyone know the hotel e mail address :(
clare/wales wrote:
hi can anyone give me any tips going to aqua blu sharm flying with viking have heard lots of bad reveiws for both hotel and airline little concerned please help does anyone know the hotel e mail address :(

Wish I was going there right now re Viking they are a new Airline and in November last year only had 4 planes BUT they survived and to be fair their staff are a lot more approachable than any of the usual cattle carriers and Viking seem to have a few less frills

As for the hotel just remember
1/ it's Egypt
2/ it's a RESORT not a hotel

enjoy the water park and if you read the "bad reports" they go on and on and on and on as if the person was intent on finding every little item of negativity they could

ALL I will say

Food - Good
Drinks - Good
Staff hygiene -- IMPRESSIVE (and I teach food hygiene)

worse bit the calls to prayer in a morning (although I never say anyone praying)
thanks for your reply much appreciated feel a lot better now and will look forward to our hols :cheers
Just returned from Aqua Blu yesterday, will write report over next few days, BUT they have major overbooking problems and will try to move people to other hotels, some people were away for up to 3 days, before they could return and get a room.

they tried this with me, but picked on the wrong person, i stood my ground and got a room, but had to wait 6 hours til someone else checked out at 4am

If anyone wants any more info they cam PM me.

Apart from this the hotel is fine and we had no other complaints.

Julian
got back this morning...

the over booking is still happening, we were forced to spend the first night in another hotel (Amarente). Despite creating a huge fuss, it was either go or spend the night in reception (22 other families also moved to this hotel on this night + plus numerous others at a sister hotel).
Spent the night on a sunlounger matress having waited till 11.50pm for this to be put in room and gave up in need of sleep.
Next morning back to Aqua Blu and finally got a nice room at 1.30pm.

After the disappointment of the first night we had a good holiday.
Food very good, staff always polite and friendly.
The cleaner always visited to ask if we needed anything (extra water, towels etc...)

The slides were great and well spaced to avoid congestion. Life guards were great with the kids and my 5 year old had fun with few of them each day.
Very little queuing for slides, a few people try and keep the rings but a firm tug on the handle normally released it when this happened!! This wasn't down to any particular nationality (the worst was from 2 English kids about 7 yrs!!).
The resort is very big and much busier than we expected which towards the end of 2 weeks was getting a bit too annoying (no quiet lying on a sunbed to be found).

Our kids loved the mini disco each night, the following shows were of mixed quality but entertaining.

The beach and swimming definitely worth doing (not many seem to go).
Plenty of fish as soon as entering the sea. We found it best just in front of the jetty near the bar/restaurant.

The weather was hot day and night, but didn't find it as bad as I feared.
  • Edited by superpp 2010-08-07 21:43:30
Please, please don't take food into the sea for the fish - it upsets the ecosystem, and fish associate people with getting food. I hate seeing this being recommended as something "fun "to do. How could anyone think sausage was an appropriate food to give fish? :que
Have just posted review this hotel. :)

J.
did anyone use the kids club?

what was it like did it run all day and was there any input from first choice?
Hi, There seems to be a problem with over booking at this resort. We are going with Hotels 4 U in 2012, has anyone experienced this year?

Cheers
Can anyone tell what the entertainment is like in the night time, ie the shows

Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.