Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Aqua blu sharm
122 Posts
Bloneybear

WHERE on TA as I have just been on there before I came here and can't find any thread on it

I do know Sharm had some seriously bad weather and the airport terminal had a rood problem and lots of hotels had water problems because they were not build to withstand that amount of rain

We had a freind there at the time and she has not said anything and she was at the Aqua Blu too on our recommendation so she would have been round to our house to tell us quickly
hi Grey i tried posting a link to TA i havent got enough posts yet to post it but its still there piccies included of the ceiling down in the reception and the floods :(
HERE is the link for you :tup
Ta for the link

What is also interesting is that they actually wanted to go to Dolphinella ( sad very sad as we are trying to get them shut down for their conditions)

Actually this is he first I have heard of the problem on this thread
i go out 13 weeks tomorow not that im counting ha ha i hope its all sorted out there by then i did read up on the floods and theres a few hotels effected by them i was just shocked how the aqua blu has handled it according to the person that posted this
i would have thought they would have to move guests to another hotel with the ceiling coming down :think
OK " dun readin " their review and news pages

To be honest the whole of Sharm with only one or two exceptions had real problems with the weather that they were totally un-prepared for (just like UK councils and the snow)
and yes that many people in a small place would panic especially as the hotel staff would go into native language as for them it's easier like the English who shout when they are not understood or are frightened
the comment about other hotels not being affected is not relevant as if they went to one of those they would have a spent whole lot more money which is probably why they went to Aqua Blu

We were there in NORMAL weather the place was well run and we were not bugged by people trying to sell as we told them what we wanted on the first 2 days then got left alone. We throughly enjoyed this hotel having been to quite a few in Sharm including 2 of the Hiltons. We consider ourselves pretty clued up on stuff as we work in areas where we have to take special care with Hygiene, safety and foods.

The review I have read and must say they walk round with their eyes shut
Food
they complain of not getting burgers!!!!!!!! they were in a foreign country that doesn't do FAST FOOD

or lamb don't know why it was on lunch and Dinner there was only breakfast we didn't find it there was so much selection if they looked for it in the other restaurants

Fire extinguishers
these were on EVERY corridor at 40 foot intervals and by every door way

Dolphinella
WHY oh WHY oh WHY do people still go to this shit hole (no apologies for that either) Loads of groups are trying to get Egypt to get it's finger out and shut it down they do not treat the animal with care or respect so to hear they have had to have 2 dolphins put down is absolutely terrible
i feel better after reading ur post about the fire extinguishers i was concerned about the regulations over there after reading what TA had on there, they dolphineria needs closing for sure. i hope the hotel is in better shape when i go out :tup
hi, we have been to egypt now for a few years but are going to aqua blue in april, realy looking forward to it, hope the weather is nice havent been this time of the year befor .has anybody been in april? if so please would you let me no wot the temp is like, thanks, linda
Hi Linda welcome to HT and your first post on here :wave:

April is a great time to go as it is hot without being too much, the temperature will be in the range of the mid/high 20' to low 30's.

You can find a lot of info in the dedicated weather topic http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=109915 and in the Weather Underground http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/62460.html

Graham
Hi Linda

As the other Graham here I use Accuweather.com they update their forecasts hourly and to me seem a little more accurate than the weather Underground which I have used
Right, we're all booked for 21/05 2wks so excited :hols
Blondeybear i just got back from aquablu no sign what so ever of rain damage,all was really good for us im sure it will be for you.if you go any question i will try to answer them for you just get in touch (LUCKY YOU) :sun2 :cheers
taffy, are you going to do a hotel review/report?? i am going to the Aqua Blu in july and would like as much info as i can get :tup

Regards, Julian
Hi Julian,i have posted a review,but missed few thing's out,take earplug's because the mosques start to pray at 415am everyday and through the day they pray about 6 times ,we booked our trip's with the people on the complex by the cafe de roi,beware that people on day trips to the quapark,will pinch your sunbed if your not on them even when your hotel towel's are on them.Better rate in hotel to exchange your money when we were there anyway,we had 2 room's they were clean but could do with little update,ie grout bit tatty in tiles,you get 2 free bottles of water left in fridge everyday safe was also free,(digital)we used water to clean our teeth. it was my hubby bday while we were there we never told the hotel,but when we got back to our room they had left a bday cake for him they must of got the date from his passport,if you have got anymore question plz get in touch hope this help's a bit Julian :sun2 :rofl
Thanks Taffy, i'll check out your review....every little bit of info helps :tup
taffy Fflint

Aqua Blu is good isn't it !!!!!

we can't wait to get back probably between November and March next
Hi Gray,ye Auqablu really good only downside for us was evening entertainment,but you find that in most places abroad we had our playing cards but would recc and also return :)
taffy fflint wrote:
Hi Gray,ye Auqablu really good only downside for us was evening entertainment,but you find that in most places abroad we had our playing cards but would recc and also return :)

We tended to make our own entertainment or went out at night some of the laid on entertainment we have seen before but was spoilt for us by the Russian kids but they soon got tired so we tended to start late then stay up longer
Hi Gray ye we went into Naama bay that was nice,there seemed to be more and more english arriving when we were there,i no 2 family's that are going in july we are looking for a good adult only at the min for end july 1st wk aug holiday we just had was last one with the kids they are 18/16 don't want to come with us anymore,going to work now chat to you later bye
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.