Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the info, will be checking for other Brits going around the same time :tongue

Alison - I'm counting down the days too, was worrying about going for a while but after reading the reviews on here i'm starting to get excited!

Will remember tumblers. I'd heard the glasses were small.......

Do you have boys or girls Alison?
Hi All

I have a 9 year old girl and 5 year old boy, they are so excited about all the slides both loved it at Holiday Village last year.

Stan777 will be good to see your reviews when you get back

Has any one heard of height or age restrictions on any of the slides ? my son is a very tall 5 so im hoping he will get away with going on most of them.

Alison
Ralphy wrote:
Hi
Some people have said they have taken Thermo cups and the bar staff have no problems filling then up..
Alison

Got ours I've also got a pint one for me self weighs nothing and is Plastic so easy to pack
Got 3 weeks in France & Spain first though
Hi

So envious 3 weeks in Spain /France then of to Eygpt

I am defo on the look out for some plastic tumblers / thermos cups.

There were a couple more really good reviews on Trip Advisor last night.

Alison
Ralphy wrote:
Hi

So envious 3 weeks in Spain /France then of to Eygpt

I am defo on the look out for some plastic tumblers / thermos cups.

There were a couple more really good reviews on Trip Advisor last night.

Alison

Round here Pound Shop -- Lidl --or Car Boot sale but I've had my Pint pot one for ages I just KNOW I'll need to tip to get it filled
Was planning a trip to local poundland tomorrow LOL :)

Going off last year in Eygpt if you give bar or pool staff a tip at beggining of week/holiday they will look after you !!

Its the first time we have have been back to same country, usually like to try somewhere different so hope it lives up to last year.

Other half is already planning to do his advanced PADI, did his PADI last year, think his diving stuff is going to take up most of baggage allowence,

Alison
Hi for height restrictions email them and when they respond print off and take with you albatrossharm@pickalbatros.com
Tel: +20-69-3665993/7
Fax: +20-69-3665998
Ralphy wrote:
Was planning a trip to local poundland tomorrow LOL :)
Other half is already planning to do his advanced PADI, did his PADI last year, think his diving stuff is going to take up most of baggage allowence,

Alison

Hope you find the insulated mugs as we have other £1 shops here an it wasn't poundland where I got them

tell the OH he won't need to pack much most dive schools equipment is pretty new each year
Regs Mask and Fins and when I can sneak it in a shortie, is all I take to Egypt (when I get some new regs that is)
Also got a rash vest from Decathlon too but that goes everywhere
can anyone say what rooms are like
i need room big enough for 2 adults and teenager
don't want to be falling over each other
they have family rooms but they have bunk beds in them and he is a bit big for them :que
cajd,

Hi with regards to the family rooms check out details on TA first, im sure they've been selling family rooms to people and they've not been getting them due to there only being 4 or something silly like that!

:tup Nia x :cheers
cajd
we stayed at Aqua Blu on a girlie hol in April and the room was fine for 3 adults - 2 single beds and a bed settee
there was still room enough to swing a family of cats and plenty of wardrobe space too
when you check in, just make sure that they've allocated you a room with 3 beds and you'll be fine - they initially booked us into a room with 2 x double beds which we politely declined and straight away came up with a 1st floor room right next to the Indian/Med restaurant which was ideal

have a great time - we certainly did!!
hi
been booked a twin room but i requested a triple but they said there are 3 beds in room which is classed as triple :think
had a look at a family room but as son is tall he wouldn't be comfy in a bunk
also requested quiet room
don't go till december so will just have to wait
so plenty of advice from all that are going and been will be welcomed :tup
Does anyone know if the kiddies pool with slides and water stuff is accessible early as I want to grab some sunbeds for the family early. But as its in the aqua park bit I believe, is it accessible?

Also - I have a family room booked and I got hotels4U to confirm with the hotel - and I have a copy of the email, that its a 2 bedroom room.

Scott
hi i read it only open 10 till 5 slides go off at lunch time
but then where ever we have been they always turn them off at lunch
i don't know if these are the times the park opens to public and like us if staying within park they will start earlier :que
why not mail hotel i've done this and they seem quite helpful
Hi Cajd

What email address did you use ? I have emailed about arranging a late check out and have not recieved a response.

Really dont want to be kicked out of room at midday when dont fly till 10pm !!

Alison
I am staying at Aqua Blue from 13th > 27th August, with 2 kids, 4 and 9yrs old. Hopefully all will be well with the heat as taking bottles of P20 with me to help protect us all.

In ref to the aqua bit, I posted on TripAdvisor and someone replied if you are staying at the hotel you can walk round the Aqua park bit 24/7, just not use the pools outsdie there opening hours so grabbing subeds early should not be an issue. I plan to do this to grab some sunbeds by the small kiddies water and slides pool.

In ref to drinks, others have reported taking there own thermal mugs. The missus is planning on getting us 4 plastic cups to take so we can get some larger drink sizes.

Heard the entertainment though is pretty awful, but laughable. Not sure on the kids clubs but reports coming back saying the kids disco, all the songs are not in english. I am hoping this may change.

Scott
Hi Scott

We were in Sharm last year and kids and husband could not use less than factor 50 and even that had to be re-applied every couple of hours :sun2

Hopefully what you have been told about being able to walk round 24/7 is true, even then we wont have to get up silly early to get bed if the general public are only allowed in at 10am, last year we stayed at the holiday village and if you didnt get up at 7am at latest you would not have got a bed, the only other option was to tip the pool boys.

I have bought plastic tumblers like your missus just hope they fill them for us ( think it could involve a tip) :cheers

Alison
yeh, we are taking factor 50 aswell, But the Riemann P20 has so many reviews from people who have been to Egypt, it seems the way to go to help protect us from getting burnt, especially going in and out of the pools.

Scotyt
has anyone posted any picture from their holiday at the aquablu :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.