General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
At 32000 feet the chances are that the cans will freeze. Most flights don't heat the hold of the plane unless livestock or such like is being carried.
Quite what this would do to the can I'm not sure. Could cause a problem when thawing out. Best bet would be to check with airline concerned and see if they have any giudlines on the subject.
I'm sure beer is regularly carried as airfreight when being exported etc., but not sure whether they then heat hold to prevent freezing or what.
Sorry I can't be of any more help, the only time I brought beer back from holiday it was in my hand luggage.

Andy.
i would have thought you could buy it just as cheap in the uk
Sorry I should be more clear.
I'm not asking this so I can buy loads and bring it back, it's just I usually have a few left over in the fridge on our last day of hols and also my Father in law like to try different beers from around the world so we bring him a few back.
We always bring a few cans back with us but the other day my brother said that it isn't allowed by the airlines. I was just checking if anyone on here knew for definate!
Thanks Smee for the info

Cheers
Lee
I don't know about cans but we regularly bring back bottles of beer and wine in our suitcases and have never had a problem. I've never had any reason to believe that it has frozen during the journey.
Seen a crew member outside the terminal once open his case on arrival in Florida - waiting for the crew bus to the hotel. Pulled out a tinny AND a glass and proceded to down a nicely chilled beer ...................!!!
We have bought back bottles of Keo in our suitcase and they have been fine.
A couple of times i have brought back 12 packs of cans of San Miguel because they are so cheap. Its never exploded or froze (to my knowledge) and the only concern i had was weight.
I packed a min max thermometer one year just to see what extreme temperatures were reached, I don't think it registered colder than it was in the UK.

It was so unimpressive I have forgotten what the exact reading was.
i bthink the deal is that you arnt supposed to put pressurised containers in the hold of an aircraft. having sais that my brother out a bottle of beer in his suit case on the way home from italy a few weeks ago and it was fine.
Really would suggest you check up with the airline!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.