Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Back from Olu
6 Posts
Good informative post, Glad you had a great time.
Finally gotten round to posting a report on the Belcekiz Beach Club. Hope it's of use to anyone considering going there - can't recommend it highly enough.
Hi Summerhouse

Ooo your comment about the paragliding made me stop and think. 4 attempts to take off!!!! Thats sounds a bit scarey, Did he fall in a heap or what happened. I have done paragliding once, thinking of doing it again next year with daughter. Who did he go with?
Hi Dadooronron
Went with Pegas along the front. Guy in there went on about all their pilots having at least 6 years experience, no accidents etc. Checked out their insurance before booking too. In fairness to them it was a bit breezy that day, but OH was the last of his group to go and as I said it took 4 attempts before the piot was happy. Unfortunately by then OH had lost whatever confidence he had in his pilot and all the way down wasn't sure whether what was happening was supposed to happen or if things were about to go badly wrong. As it happens they landed fine, but he wouldn't use the same company again. Heard good reports about Sky Sports though and there were quite a few companies that we saw coming down doing all sorts of clever acrobatic stuff.
Think OH was just unlucky (or lucky, depending on which way you look at it)!
My 2 teenagers went with sky sports . They are expensive £70 and they wont budge on that unless there are a few of you. no complaints, all seemed very professional. They went on the 11 oclock take off that one of their pilots told us was the best time . lots of talk about thermals at that time . they were up about 40 mins and did some acrobats when they were fairly low down.

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.