Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Baby Food
213 Posts
Baby food is widely available in all supermarkets and chemists in Turkey. There is another thread about this on this forum, which was also quite recent. But be aware that although the chemists stock baby food, they are a lot more expensive in chemists than the supermarkets and your choice would probably be more limited. You should just go to the big supermarkets like Tansas or Gima or Migros to buy baby food.
first am i allowed to take bacon in to turkey ,,second whats the best way frozen or kept chilled, just a little present for our restraunt owner friend ,i asked him last year is there anything he wanted and he requested bacon
I don't take anything out to Turkey (cos if I started, I'd never have room for any of my own stuff in my suitcases), but one of my friends regularly takes bacon out with her. She freezes it in her freezer, then takes it out of the freezer just before she closes her suitcase, wraps it in plastic and packs it in a towel, then pops it in her case.

Its barely defrosted by the time she gets to her hotel.

Elaine
thanks elaine ..i was wondering if i let it defrost slightly it will not be able to be frozen again :cry: ooo the dilema :wink:
If you are taking loads for a resturant then dont freeze it. Pack it last thing with a couple of those blue frozen thingies tucked around them. The hold of the plane will be cold enough. Just get it to the resturant asap and they can then freeze it. (this is assuming you are talking about vac pac packets and not loose bought bacon)
can someone bring me some Please!!!!!! That and a butchers made sausage.
will do chelsea were are you staying? im not going till august if you can wait that long, :lol: can afford more now labours back in
hi lady jan,
i live in marmaris area so will look forward to you coming. The reason I moved here was because labour was in!! see you for a bacon sarnie and a political chat in August.
He He looks like you are there for at least another 5 yrs Chelseaboy. The things you have to do ;)
Chelsea Boy will be over on June 17th what flavour sausages do you want???? :lol: ... Mark
saved my bacon labour :lol: dont want to live under a conservative goverment :cry: , working class see lol ,, god excuse for you to stay there though lol
Hi Ladyjan,

We take bacon to Icmeler for a restraunt owner friend. We just ask our local butcher to vacuum pack some. Stick it in your suitcase and it will be fine.

A.T.B. Geddy.
thanks for that geddy :lol: xxx jan
We brought loads of bacon out for a restaurant dont freeze it because if they want to freeze it (its not safe can lead to food poisoning) keep it in the fridge just before you leave then put it in whatever your carrying and if you want to try keep it fresh put those cool packs in with it :wink:
Asda do a huge pack for a fiver, it is not frozen we buy this and just chuck it in the case as we leave. upon arival it is just put in the fridge and it lasts us a week. It must be ok cause none of us has had food poisioning.
Ok you lot stop it. I'm slobbering all over the place here just reading your posts!!!
Mark, just any old butchers made sausage, any flavour. Would be wonderful to taste .
I hope Turkish customs don't read Ht posts!! they will have a fit if they knew how much bacon was coming in!! :rofl
Seriously though, anybody wanting to live out here could make a tidy sum in the butchery business.
Such nice, caring people on this forum...... I have a little lump in my throat...... No its not a piece of sausage ! Tomato ones sound great....always willing to try new flavours.
chelsea boy stop looking at property to buy to sell your free bacon sausages :lol: they way this posting going you will be able to buy a factory,,ooooo what size do you want ya butchers apron in :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know it's each to their own, but how can you eat a cooked breakfast in the middle of summer? :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.