Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have heard it said Kez, but a couple of weetabix (can you get them in Turkey?) do me, the heat tends to dull the appetite :hyper
:sun

Sorry not to sure, the kids normally eat toast or corn flakes.
you can get cornflakes and various chocolate deriatives here but they are expensive. Not seen the weetabix at all...but maybe wrong. Bring your own cereals, eat them and then there is room in your case for holiday purchases. :wink:
bacon must be in short supply in turkey.......as a restaurant owner friend of mine has also requested I bring some out.......that and of all things.....bisto gravy and custard!.......just hope all above are served seperately :oops:
bacon is not readily available in turkey. as for other things, restaurant owners know that if they offer english food they will fill their restaurants. there are loads offering sunday roast, where would you be without gravy?
apple pie without custard....unthinkable!
There are somethings that the brits are really good at and tourists want it here, hence the smuggling trade is booming.
LOL,,,,,,, had a good giggle when i read this post... Last year a friend asked me to bring some Birds Custard Powder over,,,

Off I went to cash n carry for a HUGE catering bag of instant Birds Custard Powder,,, Weighed a ton so had to bring it as hand luggage...
Got Stopped by customs in UK,,

argggggggg No one told me that custard powder can be used in explosives!!! :yikes

Eventually got through... very red faced and flustered.... but i kept me Custard Powder Yayyyyyy
It's true, about custard powder, in it's dust form it is explosive, but that goes for many powders (you can't set it alight and it will go bang it has to be sprayed). There have been a few accidents in factories over the last few years
The friend I stop with in Antalya has asked me to bring over 2 packs of Sainsbury's bacon when I visit in 2 weeks time. Is it Ok to put in my suitcase with ice packs and do I have to inform customs?
If you inform check- in they will confiscate it. Just pop it in your case and keep quiet 8)
Check out this link it might help.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=32583
hope this helps.sioux. :wink:
|Can anyone tell me if I can take Sausages into Turkey? Sounds ridiculous but I really cant get an answer from anyone, tried customs who sent me to DEFRA who sent me to Turkish Embassy who gave me a duff number so Im no further forward.

Ta
???
good question id like to know this too :D :D
Why would you want to? And how would you transport them?
:) Sausages and bacon, freeze them then pack them (well wrapped ) in a cool bag inside your suitcase. If they are found you will not get into trouble but they will be confiscated. I don't know anyone who has had them found but many many people take them in.
Shorty
Thanks Shorty I promised a friend whos missed them so much that I would take them and then got scared id get into trouble!!
i take a couple of packs of sausages, bacon, milk, t bags, cereal to sort us out the 1st week, in a cool box and have so far been ok, touch wood. And will be taking similar again when we go in sept.

the main restrictions was when foot n mouth was rife.

lots of people when Self catering take their / the kids favourites with them.

of course if you took 30 packs of sausages or bacon it would look a bit wierd.
Uncooked meat over borders is a general no no, I once got stuff taken off me when I went to do my shopping in Holland from Germany and was stopped.

GG
I would not advise on freezing the meat first though usually when i bring sausages I would get my butcher to vacuum pack them so I can freeze them when i get there and remember to keep them in the fridge right up until the last minute before you set off :lol:
There is a massive topic on this very same subject just do a search
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.