Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi, :D

Myself and my partner are staying in the Vincci Maritimo Hotel, Barcelona next week.

Firstly, I have booked a standard double room, but am aware that some hotels simply take a twin room and push 2 single beds together. I have a bad back and neck and hence want to avoid the hotel doing this. If the do do this, are they within their rights to?

Also, whilst I've obviously looked at weather reports, I am wondering if anyone knows how cold/warm/breezy it is around now as I don't want to end up packing a heavy coat and not need it or freeze to death (Sorry, typical girl question.)

Would appreciate any response,

Thanks.
Hi,

Regarding your bed question, lots of hotels in Europe do this with the beds and we found it to be the case in Barcelona. If you are worried contact the hotel and explain your problem and see what they say.

Can't help with the weather, we went in May, however you'll see from the previous post that Harriers9 has just been and the weather wasn't too great so (if it were me) I would take a warmish cost just incase. If you don't need it you can always leave it in your hotel, rather than carrying it around.
does anyone know the website or email address of the AUTO-Hogar ???
I have booked a surprise city break for hubby's 60th in May staying at H10 Gravina in Barcelona.

Has anybody stayed there? Would appreciate some comments.

I see H10 Gravina has been mentioned a long time ago but noone came back with any comments.

The only sad thing is that I didn't know the Grand Prix was on the weekend after we are going. Hubby is a great fan of motor racing and a grandstand ticket would really have been the icing on the cake. Still, I am sure we shall have a good time anyway.

Cic
Hi

A friend is going on a hen weekend with 13 others and she's having trouble finding accomodation to cater for all of them!

They are looking for something cheap and close to las ramblas(?)

Hope someone has some info.
Hi
There are 12 of us going on 8th May. We struggled at first with a hotel booking as a lot of sites would only let you book about 4 rooms.
We managed to book the hotel Principal. It is near Ramblas and looks very nice. Also has some good reviews.
Cass and Dave - Thanks for your advice!
Unfortuately, hotel principal wasn't available but there was a link i'm guessing to a 'sister' hotel Condestable which they have now booked. It seems quite resonably priced and only 5 mins from the centre.
Thats good Claudia. :) When are they going?
They are going on the 17th March, they were starting to get a bit panciky as they had nothing booked!

I'm waiting for them to come back and give me their review as i'd like to go to Barcelona myself, so i'll see what they say.

The hotel was really cheap, i think it's cost them about £45 each for their total stay (2 nights!)
We are going on 8th May for 4 days/3 nights.
Cost us £99pp for the hotel so I thought that was really good.
Plus we managed to get the flights for £39 each with booking early so quite a cheap break really :D
Will let you know how we get on :)
Jstallen, unfortunately, we couldn't find a direct website for the hotel Auto Hogar when we stayed there - they all seemed to be via booking agencies.
Please advise, I am thinking of flying into Barcelona and need to know how easy it is and the cost to take a train from the airport to port adventura? Thanking you in advance.
Railway station is a bit of a walk from the terminal, but it's all signposted. I think it costs about €3 from the airport to the centre of Barcelona - 30 minute trip.
hi
I am off for a weekend break to barcelona next saturday, have to make our own way to the hotel, which is the RIALTO which is in the gothic quarter, next to the town hall, any1 know how much I should expect to pay from the airport in a taxi and any1 know the hotel?
thanks alot, EMMA.XX
Hi Emma

Please don't use phone style text, eg any1 instead of anyone. Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers which cannot recognise this type of text.

I shall ask for your hotel to be added to our reviews site so that you can post a review on your return if you wish.

luci :wave
Hi Emma.

I don't know the hotel but I know the square it's near to, Placa Sant Jaume.

I'll put my photos of our visit in the gallery later but meanwhile this is one of the square.

http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/images/other/barcelona119.jpg

Coach fare from the airport is €4.50, don't bother with taxi's they're expensive and the coach leaves every twenty minutes from outside arrivals, and it takes around twenty minutes to get to Cataluna Square.

Once there get off the coach and walk down Porta D'Angel until you reach the Cathedral Square, take the allyway to the right of the cathedral and you come out on Placa Sant Jaume to the left of that tall building.

edited because of wrong street name
going to Barcelona on the 11th Sept. We are only spending two days there. Can anyone tell me how far it is from the Placa de Catalunya to Las Ramblas. We are staying in the Montcada. Is that the last stop for the bus and is there a number on the bus for me to recognise I am getting the correct one.
Can anyone tell me if there is a review site for hotels in Barcelona
Debby,

Placa de Catalunya is at the top of Las Ramblas. The aero bus last stop is Placa de Catalunya. They are easy to find, they are blue and have aerobus along the side of them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.