Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I'm not sure I read your post correctly debbymark but the Hotel H10 Montcada is not in the Ramblas but at the top of the Via Leitana.

Turn left at Cataluna Square and follow the Carrer Fontanella until you come to the junction with Via Leitana. The hotel is almost on the junction and isn't very far to walk, around 100 yards.
Harriers9, Sorry about the mistake. It was just my travel agent. she said Las rambles but since i have went on this site I now find it is not. do you mean it is only 100 yards from the bus terminal to montcada?
thanks for your reply
Yes, not too far at all.
Hi Debby

Try this link for Barcelona Hotel reviews

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g187497-Barcelona_Catalonia-Vacations.html

I have just booked the h10 raco del pi for July this hotel seems to have good reviews.
this site is great for getting all your questions answered. Many thanks
Has anyone stayed here before?? Reading some reviews on it, it sounds fantastic. Looking to spend 4 nights there for my 40th.
We're heading to Barcelona for the first time mid March, I'm guessing that the weather will be pretty changeable around that time of year?

We're staying in the Oasis Hotel, Pla de Palau, 17 and I was thinking of getting a taxi from the airport unless one of the kind people on here can advise of a cheaper way that is pretty straight forward?

Oh and most important of all the questions that I have buzzing around me head is how easy is it to get to the Nou Camp from the City Centre? :wink:
Hi, I have been told on this site that it is easy to catch the bus from the airport. It will drop you off in the city centre and take a taxi to your hotel. I am going in Sept and I am getting the bus.
had a great day in Barcelona spoilt only by the excessive prices charged at the Tapa Tapa bar on Passeig De Gracia near to the main line station / metro station and the interchange between the blue and red tour bus routs

3 brandies Not even good quality
1 gin and tonic unbranded
2 small cafe (small coffee not enough to wet the lips)
39 euro

this was 3 times the price in a small bar we stopped at whilst doing the sight seeing bit

wizard
Well you will go to only the best bars on the poshest street in Barcelona. :lol:

Slum it with the poor tourists in Born in future. :wink:
We have just returned from Barcleona after a 4 day break.

Best Things
1) Renting an apartment in Gracia away from the tourist throng. Mostly a residential area, cheaper restaurants , bars and pattiseries and great transport links to anywhere.
2) We bought a T-10 ticket for day to day travel (about 7 euros) and it was worth every cent. We used both buses and Metro, but preferred the buses which were regular, clean and meant you could enjoy the view.
3) Menu Del Dia in the restaurants. We never paid more than €9 each and it was fantastic value, and good local food.
4) Sagrada Familia, Guell Park, Cable car ride across the bay, Aquarium and Nou camp tour.

Worst things
1) Las Ramblas
2) Sore feet after all that walking ;-)
Tips:
1)Rent an apartment. Ours was €250 for the three nights. (2 bedrooms + sofabed, 2 bathroom) The owners were very pleasant and helpful.
2) Take the airport bus to and from the airport. Dead easy.
3) Left luggage lockers at Passeig de Gracia Renfe station for €4.50. We used that on the last day after we left the apartment as our flight was not until 8:30 pm
4) Take very comfortable walking shoes or trainers !
Whilst I don`t wish to appear as a scaremonger, I thought it would be a good idea to bring this article to your attention.
http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,18409-2056526,00.html

Sanji xx
What was wrong with Las Ramblas Loobs?
Nothing wrong with it per se, just very very crowded and not what interests me and my partner, plus with all the dire warnings about pick pockets we spent most of the time worrying about everyone who bumped into us !
Fair comment thanks.
Hi

Me and my boyfriend are thinking of going for a short break to Barcelona at the end of august/beginning of September.. I've been looking at things on Expedia about trips. My boyfriend will want to go to the football stadium, and we will go to the PortAventura as well. Also saw an arranged VIP night thing with entry into 2 clubs. Was just wondering if anyone has done any of these organised things with expedia aNd whether they are worth doing and booking before you go?

Thanks in advance.
Expedia cannot be knocked in reality, always been good.

However, dont assume thats the best price you will always get. Check your local low cost airlines for prices, and then search some of the hotel websites that are listed throughout these forums (ask if you want tips) to see what prices you can get! It may well be the cheaper way. Dont be daunted by DIY travel, theres plenty of advice offered on these forums.

Get travel insurance from the likes of M&S, Boots etc (annual or one off trip policy).

You may find it much cheaper!

Barcelona is a fantastic city, and if you're boyfriend is lucky, you may get a weekend when Barca at home! If not, take him to see Espanyol instead at the Olympic stadium.
thanks for your reply!
would you have to get tickets to see a match seperately though?
I was only really looking at getting the tour things off expedia... I have looked into flights and hotels on easy jet and they both seem reasonable
My instinctive advice would be not to book any pre arranged trips. Wait until you get there and then decide, as there is so much to see and so little time. There are plenty of tourist information places in Barcelona and plenty of barcelona tourist websites (try google first)

Port Aventura will take a whole day (you can get the train to Salou and then a bus from Salou straight to Port Aventura)

Nou Camp tours are bookable at a turnstile at the ground, and you can get match tickets from a website or while you are there. For next Sept though you won't be able to get any tickets until at the earliest July as the fixture list will not have been published
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.