Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Re: Nights out
252 Posts
Hi. Forgot to say that Oscars (entertainment bar) have a website where you can see which act is on each night, amongst other things related to the place. Have a good holiday. :cheers
Hotel stayer
You forgot to say where this really good comedian appears ?

i will give you a loan of my glasses :tongue :tongue :tongue

BUT THE BEST WITHOUT DOUBT WAS GEORGE KING (comedian)"
what a night tears streaming down peoples faces and sore bellies with laughter.
this bloke was on the old comedians TV show (showing my age now) and believe it or not, its a comedy show "WITHOUT SWEARING" great to hear someone can still do that without all the foul language. > dreamers ****its a bar in Los Cristianos :cheers :cheers
Can anyone tell me where and when Bitter and Twisted are performing. When I have been over previously I have seen them at the bitacora and vulcano. Are they still there? Someone has read somewhere that they are also on at some of the iberostar hotels. Any ideas of where and when would be appreciated. My family love them and insist on finding them whereever they are.
Bitter & Twisted are at the Iberostar Torviscas Playa on Monday nights.
i can agree about george king.

seen him a couple of times at parque de la paz hotel. saw him last year and he was on in march this year when we went.

we were absolutely crying with laughter! so if you get the chance to see hin, take it!
Having just returned I would strongly recommend you get along to The Central Station to see the newishly formed band - Crush, :bow very very good.

Quite impressed with The Central Station itself, a family run pub with a massive outside terrace, recall it being a closed down old Irish pub for many years.

Give it a try its around the back of Parque Santiago II, down the steps past the Brewers Droop (which is up for sale).

As for acts have to say we were once again disappointed with the Wild Boyz, who now appear to sing along to a pre recorded backing track gone are the days of off the cuff songs & laughs not what they used to be a few years back.
Crystal Star in the Wigan Pier is also suffering from lack of audience numbers and now appears nothing more than a mildly humorous compare doing TV theme tune quizzes.
Hey im thinking of going to Tenerife at the end of August for Ten Days with my boyfriend and a group of friends all between 20-22.. none of us have ever been there so if we could get some feedback as to whether it is suitable for our age group.. Also we were thinking of staying in parque de las americas anyone any advice on that?? basially we want to be as close to beach and town centre (ie night life) as possible! Please help! :think
thanks
Welcome to the forums Elainey. This is the right topic for info and advice about bars and nightlife, but for info and discussion about Parque de la Paz, please click HERE for its own dedicated topic.

David :wave
Please can anyone tell me where my football crazy husband can watch the Rangers v Falkirk game in Pdla or Los Cristianos next Saturday? Is there a Rangers pub? We were told the Rangers pub in Pdla had closed down. Thanks.
Bluebell Bar in Los Cristianos

Hard to explain where it is so easier to just get a taxi
Does anyone know the prices for food and drink in Los Cristianos at the minute?

How much does a pint of draft lager but not local brew - carling, half of cider and 2 glasses of pop cost? Tring to sort out budget to take in July.

Not really into restaurants but do normally go for pub grub - ie burger and chips, toasties etc.

Anyone recommend any reasonable priced places to eat and drink. Staying at Ocean Azahara apartments - opposite Vista beach i believe.

I prefer pubs which serve food but if you finish eating or don't want to eat then you don't need to leave the pub.

I look forward to receiving your comments.
Hi, Just returned from las americas last night. We used to go in the players lounge on a night for a drink,(where the shops and bars are on the front by la vista beach,walkway from los cristianos to las americas) prices in there were:
Strongbow euro 2.50 pint
carling think about euro 2 a pint? (hubby drank local which was euro 1.50 a pint)
glasses of coke euro 2.50 per glass.
local vodka and coke euro 2.50
cocktails two for euro 5.00

food was lovely in there, 3 course meal euro 9.95. good choice as well. found food to be on par with the uk,
enjoy your holiday.
Thanks for your reply. Is these prices the norm around the island? How about pub grub? Anyone give any prices?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Have to agree with theresa-a, we have always liked Players Lounge.

We've been many times over the years because apart from the fantastic views, it is and has always been very reasonable and very good value for money.

There recent'ish' revamp has made it even nicer, modern decoration and new modern furniture, lovely setting to sit and while away the day with a few cold pints and also a canny place to watch live football while having some football. :glynis
Just back after a month in Tenerife. Shops and bars are closing daily, due to recession. latest victim is El Faro in Los Cristianos, over 30yrs of trading, mainly locals used it. The old Danny's bar, later known as Dannis has closed last Saturday, for sale sign outside. Breakfasts being offered at 2.25 euros, with a drink of tea/coffee. The hotel we stayed in was only 26% occupied, useually it is running at 60%, even at this quiet time of the year. Bookings for later in the year are improving though, maybe a glimmer of hope.
It is a shame if the tourist trade is that bad but I hope the prices remain low - better for us tourists!

Joking apart, I feel sorry for the people working out there trying to make a living.

Lets hope it picks up soon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.