Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
.............just goes to show i don't get out much these days!!! lol
Regular visiter to Tenerife.......twice a year for the last three years. Pretty used to all the regular performers, Looney Tunes, Ged Bolton, Risque Roxy, Bitter & Twisted etc. Anyhow, just got back again and was sad to see the Sax Bar closed, although i have to say that business was thin on the ground when we went in June. What happened? Seems to me every time we go someones closed down or 'Se Vende'. And i noticed i cant put a bet on at the Horse and Jockey now.
Just returned from a week in Palm Beach Club Tenerife, And Found Kev Brooks at the Drop inn, Still doing a fantastic job as a compare, after a fall out with management up at the Beverley Hills Club. They now employ three SO called entertainers to do his job, (What a mistake they have made) Again Kev has brought some excellent cabaret acts to the Drop Inn, even the staff join in.
Peter.Can you tell me the street name where I can find this Motown Magic bar.
Do you know who the entertainers are who took over from Kev at Beverley Hills and what the fall out was over?
Kev was not everbodies cup of tea, I think it was his "ladies and gentlemen" every few seconds that drove some people mad.
He was OK for a weeks stay but if you used the club for months on end he did become tedious, he may be more suited to a club act instead of his 4/5 hour stint as a compere.
Rodz
Peter.Can you tell me the street name where I can find this Motown Magic bar.
Calle De Paris beach front opposite Hotel Guayarmina Princess... near the kiddies beach trampolines
Rodz wrote:
Do you know who the entertainers are who took over from Kev at Beverley Hills and what the fall out was over?
Rodz

That may not be suitable for discussion on HT as any speculation may be libelous.

luci :wave
HI

look at ???.motownmagictenerife.com for more info.
Coming to los cristianos for a month in January. Love music but really like Country music. Heard a whisper of the demise of Tom Keenan in Playa,is it true? Are there any good bars around that play our type of music, dont mind a taxi ride to find something decent. Mike
Tom did pass away, he had a good life ,did his own thing and for how many years, gave a lot of people a lot of pleasure.
Apparantly line dancing to country and western music has made a major impact in PDLA. Don`t know the name of the bars but someone will.
Rodz
Country music and linedancing, Steven J Towers, Central Park near Hotel Gran Tenerife.
or
http://tenecountry.blogspot.com/ for Susanne & hubby who have moved from Lewinski's bar near Los Cristianos main bus stops to Oasis Mango opposite Castle Harbor, Los Cristianios
Hi,

I am going to Hotel Biracora in Las Americas next May/June. There will be 2 children with us ages 10 & 14.
Which are the best bars to go in for their ages. All the photos that I have seen of Bars ie Linekers etc all appear to be for couples and singles.
I am looking for some nice family bars with games/competitions for the kids.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.
most bars in your hotel area are family friendly, as your not in the "veronicas" area where the linkers ect.... bars are, there is a strip of bars behind the safri center that as loads of family enetrtainment, also if you come out of your hotel turn left, keep walking up the road for about 5 minutes (head towards the columbus hotel) there is the george pub, see scottie inside he does the quizs and music good clean fun with good family stuff (tell him little rebecca says hello) severs food till 2am close around 4am, the staff even gets the crayons out and pads for the kids to do colouring
Hi, can anybody tell me which bars/clubs do not use strobe lights ?

I am heding out to PDLA in december and am epileptic and dont want to have to trapse from place to place asking the same question :)
Managed to see the boy band we were looking to see at the Bayview.Advertised as "Background" minus one original singer.Hes on holiday I was told.Went to see them on another night at the First and Last bar.They were advertised as " The New Temps" with a different lead singer.Is this some copyright thing going on.
If you like a good rock group, go to the Bulls Head Plaza Americas.A band called Vagabond appear there 4 nights a week. Great musicians, the guitarist is worth seeing.Their version of Comfortably Numb is brilliant.
Off to pdla soon. Does anyone know if Crystal Starr and Shaun are still at Wigan Pier?
Thanks.
Off to (PDLA) on the 8th of Feb staying at the Best Tenerife Hotel. can anyone help regarding the nearest bar that will be showing the Six Nations Rugby on that day.Will be cutting it a bit fine time we arrived at hotel :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.