Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Pebble I think most "tourists" are scared of such places, just out of thier comfort zone.
They would much rather pay through the nose at some strip bar than get a taste of the more authentic things.
Pleased to know others appreciate the same things as me though :D
Was in DS on opening night Saturday 5th July 10pm till 3am. Great night good live music reasonable drinks prices
plenty of seating and good standing areas..lots of dancing going on. The place was full which helps.

Might need to add a bit of the old Soul Suite atmosphere..but that should come knowing Joe.
Hi,
Can any of you guys who live in the south full time as against a partimer like myself if Kev Brooks has left LA Showbar at The Beverley Hills Club in Oasis Del Sur? He was still there when I left in March after my 5 months winter stint.
If he has gone where has he gone to and who is the compere now.
Kev won the top compere three or four years running for the Island but was not everybodys cup of tea.
Cheers
Rodz
Hi can anyone help me out here. I am flying out on 18th july and as a last minute thing(last nite) have invited my parents along with us as we have a 2 bedroom apt that sleeps 6 but only me the wife and 2 kids going so they just have 2 pay for flights which are all booked. What I would like to know is are there any bars or clubs around the Parque Santiago area that cater for line dancing as my parents are into this big time. They used to own an apartment up in the Fanabe area but gave that up about 5yrs ago and havnt been back to Tenerife since. They are only staying with us for the 1st week so it would be great if I know of some bars that might cater for them rather than spend time finding them. They used to go to the Acapulco bar but not too sure if its changed hands or if it still does country music with dancing, any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Paul
To add to my question about Kev Brooks does any one know what Dorian is doing. (was Gary Glitter)
There was a notice in Friends bar Porto Colon in March just before I left Tenerife that "Dorian was back"
I saw his last performance on the island approx 6 years ago went he collapsed on stage
at St Eugens (drunk) He was seen in Bolton working as a milkman.
Rodz
Big Col

Explain in more detail please where this Spanish bar is and i will try it out in September.
I dont understand what you mean by the "3 streeets"

Did you try any of the places i sent out to you?
Hi

I am led to belive that Joe Harriet,s new bar used to be Jazzissmoe,is this true.

Daveyboy

:wave:
YNTTK
We will be palying cribbage in mid Sept, late afternoon in El Faro. This bar is situated on the corner where the road goes down the hill that takes you to the port, opposite is the waterfalls/fountains.
You are welcome to buy us a drink.
I am led to belive that Joe Harriet,s new bar used to be Jazzissmoe,is this true.

yes jazzissmoe was joes old club as well

and now it's divine soul

roll on nov :cheers
Has anyone visited The Jungle Bar, apparently they show every West Ham game of the season. Apart from showing football, do they have acts on during the evening? Anyway, be in there on 16th August for the first game of the season.
Just retrned home this morning and we spent many a good night at the Brewers Droop on the Patch. The last time we were in Tenerife 2 years ago the Brewers Droop had been close down but has now re-opened, they have a new compare Graham Gold and his better half Crystal running the bar now and I have to say they were excellent. Mark who used to compare was seen by some as being quite blue and sometimes a bit offensive to people but Graham and Crystal were the total opposite, in fact I cant remember hearing a swear word spoken by either of them, the whole 2 weeks we were there. At the moment there are no live acts at the bar but I have been told that they are hoping to start having them in the next month. Both Graham and Crystal are singers in their own right and Crystal does get up every night and do a few songs but if you do go in ask them to do their Meatloaf act together, they were fantastic. At the moment they have a quiz and Karaoke every night so for some it may get a bit repetative but we had a great night every time we went there. The bar prices are about the same as elsewhere with beer ( Dorarda ) at 2.50 euros a pint, coke at 2euros for half and spirits with a mixer around 4.50 euros.

Another place to try is Divine Soul , underneath the Tenerife Sol. Excellent club with a nice atmosphere, well laid out. Non stop soul and motown from the minute we walked in until we left around 01.30, and all live music too. We had our two young lads ( 9 & 10 ) with us the 10 year old really enjoyed it because he likes the type of music played but the 9 year old found it a bit boring as there isn't really much for kids to do in there, it really is an adults club but kids are aloud, although the night we went in there were only our two boys in there. Well worth a visit

Paul
Just to let people know that Davey O'neil no longer works in the pool bar at Garden City, the compere is now Carl (think it's landlords son ) and thay now how caberet acts on 6 nights a week including Aaron Kormack on Wednesdays the setup is much better now. :cheers
Went to Cafe de Paris on the front near to the patch and saw a guitarist called Ian Rockliffe, this guy can really play ( singing was a bit hit & miss ) and well worth going to see.
Trouble with the pool bar at Garden City is that it is not really big enough for acts, it`s also a odd shape, nice sitting outside on a warm evening though.
Rodz
just returned yesterday, we found Davey O'neill working at The Irish Rover. Pheasant Plucker is still really good with Craig the compare. It was packed out every night, everyone enjoyed it in there kids, teenagers, mums and dads and grandparents. Highly recommended.
just got back yesterday (sat 30th).. you have to visit Taylors Lounge in L C, great atmosphere, great staff, great beer & snap. get yourselves there.
How did you find the prices at the Irish Rover?
Rodz
The prices were not too bad, I would say average, but Pheasant Plucker was cheaper.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.