Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
No sorry we didn't go in there, there's just so many bars and we were only there for a week. We also liked The Wigan Pier, if you go in there for something to eat, you must try The Wigan Whopper, it's a burger that almost covers your plate.
I agree you can`t do it all in a week, we go to Wigan Pier quite regularly.
Charlie tries very hard to keep the evening going with games and quizes.
Havn`t actually eaten there because it around 10PM when we get there and have already eaten.
Did you ever go to the original Wigan Pier on Sunset Bay. Charlie sold up to retire then took over the Vulcano or Volcano can`t remember which it was called now, that`s the one you went to.
His staff are good they join in everything.
What other bars did you try.
Rodz
No we never went to the other Wigan Pier, we just went in there one evening early to watch the England game. We normally go Pheasant Plucker and there's also a couple of good bars down by the beach at Torviscas end. I think one was called First and Last Bar along the beach, also Motown Magic. If you have kids, the First and Last bar have an x box for them to play with loads of games behind the bar, but also entertainment going on for the adults. We have young teenagers who aren't quite old enough for Veronicas yet, they like Planet Football and Snoopy's, which are both open a bit later. Also we went to Eugenes always plenty going on in there, although drinks a bit more expensive. Planet Football and Snoopy's are down the same road as Irish Rover, but on other side of the road a bit further down.
You did well saying you only had a week, you got througth quite a lot.
I don`t do bar recommenations because differant people want differant things.
Depends whether it`s for the kids, some people want acts some want peace and quiet.
Some go for the quizes
You seem to have enjoyed yourselves and that`s what counts.
Rodz
I asked this question some time ago and have not had a response yet!
Does anyone know where Kev Brooks has gone, he was the compere at Beverley Hills Club for about four years and was voted Tenerifes no. 1 compere two or three years running.
I think he left this spring.
Some people liked him plenty didn`t.
Thanks
Rodz
Would moderator let this lie here for a couple of days before transferring it to Bars, Clubs, Acts.
It`s a question I have asked twice but it does get somewhat burried in that post.
Does anyone know where Kev Brooks went to after leaving the Beverley Hills Club Los Cristianos this spring? He had been the compere there for quite a few years.
He was voted Tenerife`s compere of the year at least twice.
Thanks Rodz
I can't see a problem with your request for a few days Rodz

Sarah
Kev Brooks is no longer at the Beverly Hills Club. You may see him out and about with his new Neil Diamond show. Not sure where he has regular gigs though
Thanks for that, he had been at Beverley Hills awhile.
Rodz
Does anyone know which bar Roxy Risque is appearing
he is doing lots of places, as an hour cabaret slot....he doesn't have a residency anymore
Roxy Risque does a show in the hereford bull every sunday night
Kev now works at the Drop Inn on the Sea Front in Play De Las Americas, its near the Palm Beach Club which is just below the Veronica's - good night out usually with top acts enjoy! :cheers
where has ronnie gone

i hope he is well, as his throat was sore last time i saw him.
Off to tenerife in 4 weeks,and was wondering if the group Background are still appearing in PDLA.
Hairyhamster. They may have moved on.They were 5 lads from Venezuela who sang a lot of Temptations and Motown material.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.