Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
The Best Restaurant if you like a steak is the Las Vegas restaurant, its upstairs in the commercial centre and not that big. But a wee gem of place if you discover it and always full with no reps when I have been there.
Just back from Peurto Rico and I have to say that San Miguel and El Torro both in the comercial centre come highly recomended.
Hi all,

Has anyone tried the El Labrador restaurant? :hmmm Can anyone recommend it? I have read about this restaurant at one of our travelagencys website.

Have a great day! :wave
I just want to recommend a great pub/restaurant at the Faro Boulevard/Beachpomenad in Meloneras, it's "The 19th Hole". Wonderful atmosphere (if you like Enlgish pubs you like it here!) good service and great food.

Have a great meal! :glynis
EL LABRADOR fab resturant mostly set outdoors just up past AQUALAND water park, EL GUACHO in PDI and MICHAEL ANGELOS in the FARO 2
Hi,
San Miguels is by no stretch of the imagination the best restaurant in Puerto Rico.Yes it is very cheap and you do get a good meal.But to claim that this is the best restaurant in PR is quite frankly absurd!.
Please respect one and others opinions.

Remember one mans meat, is another mans poison!

Kath HT Admin
Last year we went to fuerteventura and used the peackock rocks restaurant guide on the fueteventura discussion forum, which gave us plenty of great meals in fab places that we would never have found by ourselves.
Does anyone know of any great restaurants in maspalomas as we are staying at palm oasis and from this forum and other reviews the food their is not very good. Playa del Ingles also please.
Just back from puerto rico, I would like to thank the members who recommended restaurants, they were all brilliant. First Oscars near the beach the nicest steak I have had in a while, San miguels , El toro, Las Vegas all in the comercial centre all very good. El greco near the beach also very good. I must say Puerto Rico was the best place for restaurents out of all the places I have been
hillbankdee
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
San Miguels is by no stretch of the imagination the best restaurant in Puerto Rico.Yes it is very cheap and you do get a good meal.But to claim that this is the best restaurant in PR is quite frankly absurd!.

MIND WHAT EVERYBODY SAYS ABOUT "BUSY" RESTURANTS....and they have some queues every time Ive been to PUERTO RICO.
Ok my 2p's worth

Bars
daytime
Extreemz at Europa CC - beer 95c a pint 12-6:30
Wigwam at Puerto Base for a quiet Pint of Belgian beer

Restaurants

El Brasero Europa CC for decent Tbone steaks Fresh shellfish (you have to pre order the Lobster 24 hours before) and Pasta

Cockatua (sp) Europa CC for full English Breakfasts
Ma Bakers for Cornish Nasties

To be honest I did not find any consistency with "Canarian" food you would have expected more than Canarian potaotes
Didn't manage to get to the Taj though I wanted to
Once again, it's down to what criteria is important to you when choosing a restaurant. If you like good food at value for money prices, then, yes, it's hard to beat San Miguel. However if presentation, service and ambience, accompanied by beautiful dishes, is what you're after, then you would be looking at upmarket establishments such as La Taberna or Oscars.
Just depends whats important to you.
:) Hi we tried the restaurant san miguel and have to say it was really nice ate there a few times in our two week stay in may and wont hesitate to go back there ,yummy food very good value for money
I cant believe nobody has mentioned Le Cantina
By far the best restaurant in PR - cant wait to go back in April
I'm on a Gran Canaria forums as well and nobody has mentioned it there either
Whereabous is it in PR
About 3 doors down from oscars
Fantastic and the wine is the best Ive ever had
My fave restaurants in Puerto Rico are

Bistro Frere in europa centre run by Alice and Nigel only a small place but fantastic fresh cooked food (no micro rubbish) things like fillet steak, beef stroganoff, chicken chasseur all sorts of stuff but all freshly cooked by Nigel!

Brassero again Europa gorgeous steaks cooked on the woodburner taste lovely and great service

Ciao ciao beautiful italian on Amadores bech , lovely views aswell

Chino Canton again europa really nice chinese non of that buffet stuff (which presonally im not into!)
Ok where are the best bars in PR especially the ones with live entertainment
Personally my fave bar is xtreeemz and we drink in there everynight.
Its a good laugh if you like that sort of place, its quiz run by Dj Russ where you get free shots, hes a very funny guy!
Good for families and couples etc.
Its in the europa centre at the top of PR
Also been told Barbacoa has good entertainment on but not been thats also in europa.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.