Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
churchills
68 Posts
I've been desperate to try San Miguels, but have never managed to get a table, the queues have have always been half way up the commercial centre! I'll take that as a good sign and try to get a table again next time.

Cat xxx
BARS & RESTAURANTS: Member recommedations and Q&As

Have you visited a bar or restaurant on Gran Canaria which you would like to recommend to other members ? If so, this is the place to do it.

Please give as much information as possible, including resort name, bar or restaurant name and location, happy hours, quality of service, choice of menu, etc.

Alternatively, if you have visited an establishment which you feel might be best avoided, please tell us here too. But please do not mention any staff by name, or your post may have to be removed.

If you have any questions you would like to ask about bars or restaurants on Gran Canaria, please post in this topic also, in the hope of some feedback from recent visitors to the island.

Many thanks
David :wave
Puerto Rico. Tiffany's in the commercial center in Puerto Rico. in the main entrance, upstairs on the right...they are all "mad" in there at night.

watch you don't get a hair cut .
some quizzes, good music.

they prefer you to have white socks on with your trainers, one off the few places. 8) 8) 8)
my brother just came back from puerto rico and said that churchills is now open in the daytime too. is this true??? i can hardly wait to go back!
What and Were are the irish Bars in Puerto Rico ??

Which are the best ones and which are not so great ??
Hiya everyone

my husband, me and our 14 year old son are gouing to Puerto Rico next month and wondered if anyone could tell us some good bars to visit and where abouts they are. Are there any bars with live music - bands etc also any irish bars with entertainment suitable for families. Also where is best to eat?

Thanks very much
Julie
you get the Irish bars in both centers, Europa & Comercial...its like most things Ive had good nights in them all, just depends on the atmosphere. you will find them easy. 8) 8)
heiyaa!wel there is a good irish bar there called patriks and right next door there is a welsh bar and they do combine their entertainment!wel i did go there 3 years ago so it may have changed!
Hello all,
If there's anyone who can suggest a good restaurant offering traditional Cararian cuisine; please reply. Hoping to surprise my father-in-law as he's up for anything sea food based. Although We'll be based in PR, we'll have transport so if there's any suggestions set in the mountains...great.

Many Thanks :D
Theres is Balcon Canario in teh commercial centre which is Canarian food , and verygood , the best seafood i have ever tasted is the Fishermans restaraunt on the quayside on Arguinguin , its where the ferry between there PR and mogan stops , the fish is fresh off the boats and the fishermen eat there themselves think its only open at lunch thou also heard a lot of good reprts about Guantanamo which is between PR and Mogan
my favourite bars in puerto rico:
harleys dancing bar
snoopys
covent gardens
mgm
(in that order)
we ate at an all you can eat buffet there too, close to mgm just at top of some stairs. it was really nice and very cheap, and i hardly had room for dessert!cant wait to go back in a few weeks!!
Only 1 week to go before our holiday to Gran Canaria. This is our first time to the island. Can anyone recommend decent places to eat? We love Indian. We are visiting with 2 children aged 12 and 9 staying at the Marina suites.
Just along the road - 3 mins walk from Marina suites - towards the beach is the Taj Palace. Really good Indian.

Carry on walking along that way and you'll come across Wigwam bar. Nice for a drink and next door - Yogi and Benny's - english brekkie type place.

Carry along and go over the bridge to the beach - walk along the beach and you'll come to the Passarella centre - its behind the sailing school (Escuela de Vela). Downstairs is the Waikikki bar and upstaris - lotsof nice restaurants. Oscars - pricey but special, Rhodos palace - greek, very good. On the far end is a pizza place. Dont know what its like but its got a nice outlook

If, on the other hand, you turn right before you get to the Indian and go under the bridge - El Gaitero is in that parade of shops. Good restaurant.
Hot Spot bar - owned by John and Vizzy - nice bar - do hot dogs etc until they close.

So, theres a bit to be going on with. Have a lovely time
Thanks for recommending good places to eat out :thanks . I am glad there is an Indian as I have to have my curry fix :lol: Just been sat out in the garden in sunny Huddersfield dreaming about my holiday :glynis
Firstly let me just say you've chosen your accommodation well.... we just returned to Scotland yesterday after a fortnight at the Marina Suites, and they are excellent in every respect :D

We also visited theTaj, and although it was good we found that the one in the Commercial Centre, called Happy Valley was even better.
Food was as good as we'd ever had andvalue for money outstanding. Two adults and a 12 yr old, two drinks each, and we were never more than 35 Euros. Mind you it does help getting a free ice cream or coffee thrown in. We'll certainly be visiting again later in the year when we return to Peurto Rico.

Enjoy :wink:
Having been to pr many times and tried loads of resturaunts i would recommend Happy Valley of all the indians we have tried there this has got to be the best and the people who work there are lovely too.
Ang, fair point ref the staff, forgot to add that myself.
They really go out of their way to look after you and make you feel welcome.
Best Restaurant in the Commercial Centre is San Miguels. The have no PR trying to get you to go in .. but you do have to queue to get in there its that busy. Once in the food is delicious !!! Would thoroughly recommend it to anyone going. Chinese Buffet places are nice too but to be honest all the restaurants serve the same thing.
My wife and I have been to Puerto Rico about a dozen times over the past few years and we always make a point of eating at Casa Juan. This is a small local bar/restaurant opposite the Aqua Park. Juan is a one man show. He cooks the food, serves the tables and prices are very reasonable. His paella is a work of art and should not be missed. You have to give him 24 hours notice as it is all freshly cooked.
We are going again this winter and will definitely go for the paella.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.