Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Welcome to the dark side!!! have a great time!
Wizard HT Mod is this a new travel company or is it infact Goldtrail? I dont have the Antik Boutique hotel in any of my sites I use, But if it's Goldtrail they very often change the names of hotels everywhere in Turkey.
The Butik Antik Hotel is shown on the German holidaycheck website as being at Incekum near Alanya. It gets a very good score, so should be a good hotel if that is the one. However probably not many British there. http://www.holidaycheck.co.uk/hotel-Hotel+Reviews_Hotel+Butik+Antik-ch_hb-hid_61505.html
RWB..

just rung agent again and your correct its goldtrail.. so what your saying it could be almost anything??

wizard
Well most peoples grumps and groans are with Goldtrail hotels everywhere, Considering they take more holidaymakers to Turkey than all the rest in the Uk put together, It stands to reason that some will complain, The hotel your going to be going to is on the website at, http://www.goldtrail.co.uk/AniteNextPage.asp?p=ATOPACCOMM_11524&s=4478520&xml=TOUROPERATORID 1
They all look as good as this one when I also book with Goldtrail, But when I get to the hotel alarm bells nearly always start ringing, But then again I really only have myself to blame as I go room only and generally know what to expect from the hotel, Yours is one sun (Goldtrail use suns and not stars like the other operators use) more than the ones I have been to so I will be very interested to see your report on this hotel, Have a nice holiday.
  • Edited by rwb46 2008-07-05 20:47:50
before any of you drop your Efes......
give it to Brian- he might need it by the sounds of this hotel :rofl
I had a look at the Goldtrail site and their Antik hotel is 1500m from Side, so it isn't the one on Holidaycheck, so please ignore my earlier post! Have a good holiday anyway. We really liked Side when we were there last year.
:banghead:
have recently returned from a goldtrail holiday at litera royal marin in turkey.(see review) That was 5sun, all inclusive. Yours is 1sun. Weather was nice. Good luck!!! .
Yours is 1sun

acording to the goldtrail site its 3 suns still we wait and see, as long as its clean comfertable and the food is edible [and pref local style] we will be fine

wizard
Wizard HT Mod, Take euro's if you intend buying items on the Plane, As you will pay far more if you use Sterling or Lira, It's also cheaper to buy Alcohol and Ciggaretes with Onur Ar than it is at duty free, Your allowance going into Turkey is 3x cartons of Ciggaretes, 150 grams of Hand rolling tobacco, 2 Bottles of spirits.
  • Edited by rwb46 2008-07-06 19:31:02
i am sure you will have a lovely time with the sun shining and a cold beer........

dont forget your suncream! :tongue
don't forget your suncream!

never used any.. only occasional aftersun...

I'm not a lover of light gassy beers, SO whats the local red wine / brandy etc like

wiz
Red wine is Crap, White is ever so slightly better.
Hey Wiz does this mean we can swap forums

on yer bike...... i have my lot traind to my ways now :rofl

thanks to all for the assistance

any last thoughts /ideas/ recomendations

wiz
The Rose wine wasn't to bad when i was there last
try the rose wine rosalto its really nice and have a great holiday :sun2
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
any last thoughts /ideas/ recomendations

Stick to Efes/Tuborg or Local spirits and try Raki.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.