Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi prawn,
i had never had efes until this year,there were three different types that i tried,1st looked like a normal lager wich was my favourite,then the one you mentioned and a very dark one that tasted like bitter :yuck
Hi, bibbs - I have only ever had the 'original' one so was just interested to hear what people think.

p.s. how are the 'unmentionables' ?
We tried this as part of a promotion at a bar we were in. Not really impressed; looked cloudy and tasted very yeasty. Give me good old bog-standard Efes any day!!
hi prawn,
the unmentionables are now on the third generation.
as jakki said not nice and the dark one (cant remember the name)was even worse, :glynis
Think I will stick with the original then. At least I know I always enjoy that.
The dark one is called 'Efes Dark' OH was not too impressed with it, and its more expensive, even though its a half pint.

TC
Hi peeps,
Although i like efes original, i find after a few days and a lot of it i get a sore throat and it blows me up a little, so then it's time for efes dark, not as gassy, and with a raki to wash it down i find it's ok. :D .
but ! what you really want to try is efes extra, wow :D about 8.5 % i think, and good stuff :yipee

:wink: Kev :wink:
Ive just received some coupons from Weatherspoons.Efes for £1.49 a bottle.I doubt it will taste the same in the pouring rain!.
i was in a weatherspoons on sunday night i paid £1.89 a bottle but it brought back a few memories .
tesco sell it for £1.30 for a 500ml bottle , officially only from the biggest stores but you can order it from any branch . I got a box of 16 the other week (cant wait til the 16th)
saw the new beer advitised alot especially in majestic in ovacik didnt try it but did try efes light which is good
If the Efes wheat beer is something like Hoegarden then it's supposed to be cloudy , as the bar man on P&O ferries told the youngsters who bought it after seeing me guzzling it!
Looking forward to trying it :D
I suppose that I will have to give it a try then - anything Del can drink, so can I! :D
anything Del can drink, so can I!

and more of it :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.