Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
thanks for all the advice, im really thinking 2 single pushchairs would be better suited then...

great to hear that you prefered the bellevue to the delfin azul, hoping we will love it too then as we certainly enjoyed the delfin, we only had 2 boys then but now have 4, the oldest being 6 i think we will need a holiday to get over this one when we return, but hey hopefully the sun will shine and it will be great im hoping not too busy either in may.

anyone with any advice on which accomodation blocks to ask for and which to avoid if any? if its fully booked then it will be tough i know, we have booked a 2 bedroom apartment staying half board, and am i right in hearing that only one of the accomodation blocks has umbrellas round the pool and this is the block booked out to the germans??, i was hoping for an umbrella for the little ones, seems a bit unfair....

thanks in advance

claire
I'm sure most of the pools had umbrellas around them.
I think the main blocks to avoid is Minerva 2 which runs alongside the road and Fedra which is in the far corner of the complex.
We stayed in Minerva 1 last year which was ideal as the reception was next door and only a couple mins walk to get out of the complex and also to the entertainment area.
Friends stayed in Sirena and Neptuno which were also very good but I think these are only studios.
thankyou for your information, i have also heard many people saying about ceres 1 being a good block do you have any idea where that one is?

did you have a good holiday there??

thanks again
Have been 3 times to Alcudia, 2x to Bellevue and had a great time, kids loved it there especially in Cheers and at Bugs Bunny's but we have fallen in love with the Algarve so will not be returning to Majorca for some time.
Yes Ceres 1 and 2 are also nice blocks just behind the main reception but also close to the main entrance but in a quiet spot.
Will try and get a map of the Bellevue site with all the blocks on uploaded in the next few days.
hi thankyou so much for your help if you could get a plan of the bellevue uploaded that would be really appreciated we are travelling with little ones so dont want to be in a really noisy block i.e near the road on the other hand miles from the entertainment and main entrance.

if we have got some idea before we arrive of wheres an ideal block for us then maybe i can call the hotel when it opens and ask to be in one of those blocks if at all possible.

we havent been to the algarve however have looked to go there it looks beautiful, so plan to go there one year hope you have a lovely holiday

thanks again
hi we are going to the bellevue apartments on the 1st april, will let you know what its like, we are a little apprehensive i must say.
hi there thanks for that, i really hope you have a great time, fingers crossed, it should be quiet ish in april so if you get a crappy room demand to be moved!!!

alcudia itself is beautiful so if the accomodation doesnt live up to whats expected you should still have a great time on the island, i will look forward to your input when you return.

are you going for 1 or 2 weeks and with or without children??

happy hols

claire
Map of Bellevue, the main road is Avenida Pedro Mas which takes you to the beach when you turn right out of the complex (by the Bellevue arrow). This is the only way out of the complex unless you catch the boat to the beach.

Click Here for map

Edited due to hosting and copyright issues Please click on the link above for the map

Biff
*Edit to shorten link which was stretching the page - Glynis*
hi thanks everso for the map im sure it will not only help me but help others like me who are travelling to the bellevue, get an understanding of the accomodation.
ceres blocks look v good for us as does minerva 1.
think i will probably email the hotel when it opens and ask to be in one of those blocks, fingers crossed.

anyone travelling to the bellevue please post a review on your return as the holiday season there starts in a matter of days now.
Hi Claire
we are going for 12 days and as a family, the children are 13 and 15. we will go on the net while we are there if you like and let you know what info we can.
We stayed there twice and as you said a lot depends on the block you are put in, i think different tour operators are allocated different blocks. Our first holiday we were in Fedra 3 and enjoyed it so much we returned the following year but the second holiday we were in the main block over the main road and it put us off Bellevue for life, noisy dirty and a total waste of a weeks holiday. sorry but there you go opposite reviews from two hols. We went back to alcudia last may and stayed at the Viva tropic which was a world better than the bellevue.
Hi jue372003 if you could email any information that would be brill, thanks, when are you going, hope you have a lovely time
thanks
claire
My son was a rep there last year, I will see what I can find out. I went out in September and I must say it is a massive complex!! If your'e not happy with your accommodation ask to be changed. I think this is the first week of the season - he flew out on Saturday and says it is cold!
Hi there thankyou very much if you here any information form him please let me know, is he working at the bellevue this year??
thanks
claire
:) He spent the last month at the Siesta, he's there at the moment and is hoping to be there for the season.
who is he repping for?? and whats his name, unlikely ill see him what with the complex being so big but you never know, ill make sure to say hello to him if we see him.
is the complex up and running now then? did you enjoy your stay there last year?
thanks
hi if any any can help with further info on these apartments me and the family off there in 8 weeks 4 two weeks.any one been lately how are the mossies?? any info gretly recieved
cheers

gameboy<aka steve>
hi everyone we are going to the bellvue appmnts on may 1st , is anybody else going around about that time, we will tell everyone what its like when we return as we have never been to the island before and are really looking forward to it.
Hi
Hi there we are going to the bellevue on the 14th of may so will probably miss you, i hve opened a thread on the bellevue apartments , if you have a read, there has been some good replies so some of the information may help you
claire
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.