Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I think thats the healthy attitude to have!!!!! If you booked it at a silly price then you go not expecting too much, you know you are not going to always get top whack :D

Then if its better than you thought you are really chuffed!................and if its not you know you didnt pay over the odss for it 8)
Hi Amylou.

were also flying out on the 17th from gatwick! where are u flying from! probably on the same flight!! :lol: not long now!! yaaay! im very excited, collected my tickets yesterday.
the magaluf thing sounds fun, but iv heard alcudia is fairly lively too!
anyway im going to try overt my eyes from the bad comments and just enjoy it for wat it is, a cheap holiday! hope u do the same!!
Hi all

Was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Bellevue offer late checkout rooms and if they can be arranged when we arrive? Anyone know how much it would cost? Our flight is at 00.05 so could really do with one!!

thanks
As far as i can remember last time we were there they did offer that although we didn't need it because we had an early evening flight. They did provide a room that you could store your luggage and have a shower free of charge.

I would give them a quick ring, here's the number....

0034971892600 :)
We tried to have extra time for our room last year, and i asked everyday. They kept saying come back tomorrow, on the last day they said they were too busy and we had to vacate our room at 11.00, our flight was at 2,00 in the morning. They told us we could use the showers etc in the next block but they were disgusting and smelly. This year we were at the Viva Tropic and had no problems we got an extra 6 hours for 23 euros.
Thanks for your replies guys. Think I will ring them and ask about it. Thankyou for posting the number Stuart, that saves me a job huting for it! Much appreciated!

Thanks again. :D
Similar story when we were there 3 years ago.

We didn't get picked up until 0130 so wanted a shower etc.

Our luggage was in a room all day that wasn't locked, the shower was in the reception area of the main hotel block and did not have a lock on the door so we had to use it one at a time and guard the door and my wife had to go to the next floor and plug her hairdryer into a socket used by the cleaners to vacuum as there wasn't one in the shower room. :(
We Were in the block which is over the hump back bridge and were told to use the block nextdoor which as i said was disgusting. The impression i got from reception when i kept asking for extra time was that they could not be bothered, they said the hotel was too busy although it was not peak season ( it was early in June) We had a lady with us who was in a wheel chair and we were literally on the streets from 11.00 till midnight.
This was our second visit to bellevue and due to the difficulties we booked a totally different hotel for this year and got far better treatment.
hiya is anyone just back from belleview app as im of there on sat whats it like read mixed reviews
:roll: Hiya i am going on my jollies tomorrow (Sat 10th June) and was wondering what amount is the breakages deposit that has to be paid if you stay in the bellevue self catering appartments? Also i take it that providing everything is ok then you get this back at the end of your stay. If anyone could place a post today that would be excellent as i fly out tomo. Anyone else flying from Gatwick at 20.35? See you there :lol:
Hi There, We stayed there twice and we were never asked for a deposit , although it may have changed since we went in 2004.
cheers for that info,only a few hours till we go now wo hoooooo
Have a great holiday and a San miguel 4 me :lol:
iv just had a very nice phonecall saying that we have been moved from bellevue to club Mac Marte due to overbooking us!!! does anybody know anything about this place? we've been told that basically its here or nothing because its too late to get in any other hotels (we fly sat, i found out today!!!) any help would be great, im really hesitant about this place after reading worse reviews than bellevue!!! oh dear!! :(
Are you going with Direct Holidays from Dublin? I got the same phone call this morning except they wanted us to stay in the Alcudia Pins.
there a a few threads about the club mac on here. i'm presuming they're sending you all inclusive by moving you to the marte. the complex itself is big, 3 hotels onsite with numerous pools and bars.
The hotel also offers a free courtesy bus down to the beach during the day and the harbour of an evening.

Don't take too much to heart in the reviews you've read. people are very quick to be unpleasant about things but not quick in praise. Enjoy your holiday in majorca
Give them a call and demand compensation, i`m sure in the terms and conditions of bookingif the details of your holiday are changed with less than 56 days to departure they have to pay compensation, unless of course they are upgrading your accomodation
My friends stayed in the Marte the year before last, and they said they loved it. Ive stayed in the Bellvue and I didnt like it at all, although I know others do........................judging by my friends views I think that you are actually going to have a better time in the Marte, it might be part of the Jupiter Saturno complex and busy, but the Bellvue is busier still!

I would say you should have a good time there!

Hope that you feel more positive now.
Thanku for the feedback, have done some research and have managed to get quite an upgrade really that is better than the bellevue originally, so although its been a stressfull day im hoping all goes well, have also managed to get some money back too so all in all not as bad as it could have been! oh and just to let u guys know i was originally going with airtours, and have changed companies as they told us we would have to wait 48 hours untill they knew where we were going to be put...which is basically wen we go on holiday! lol!! thanks guys for the help, im gunna stop stressing know and sart to unwiiiinnnd!!! :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.