Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Watching the world go by in the Square (outside tables) is a nice way to pass lunch-time. Don't remember restaurant names but just go into any of them and have a look at the tappas in the cases - they don't mind you having a look as long as you are not in their way if it is busy.
Hey :wave:

The Pueblo is lovely, very quaint, as is Mijas itself.
If you want to go there, you can get the 121 bus from Torremolinos bus station, timetable here: ctsa-portillo.com/ima/pdf/torremolinos.pdf (just put the 3 w's in front with a dot, apparently i cant post a link as i have not made the correct number of posts yet lol..)

The reason i give you the timetable from Torremolinos is that the bus that goes to Mijas (via Benalmadena, Arroyo, Pueblo etc) is getting more and more crammed before it even gets to Benalmadena Puerto Marina stop, so this way you are pretty much guaranteed a seat and will at least be able to get on it!!

The bus does go right past the Buddhist Temple thing, you can see it on your left hand side on the way through.

Hope that helps :)

CC
Thanks cc

Does anyone know how much a taxi would be to the pueblo and would there be a taxi rank at the pueblo. I am thinking if the busses are full we may get a taxi.
CC - I doubt the Pueblo bus will be crammed in October, my friend catches it in Benalmadena to go the the gym and always manages to get on it.

That Buddhist thing is called a Stupa by the way :) call and have a look it if you are passing, very peacful place with a fantastic view.

ChrisW - must have been typing this whilst you were doing yours!!!
Hey waterproof.. :wave:

I only say that it could be crammed because it has been like that since the beginning of February over this way, and October is usually busier than Feb/March.. i always thinks its best to warn people, just in case.. Spain has a funny thing with unpredicatability LOL.. i.e. we have just had the busiest weekend EVER, i.e. in the 18 months we have been open.. so go figure that one out, and its still only March!!! :really

What Credit Crunch??? :tongue

CC
CC - do you work in one of the bars on 24hr square? ( I live close by for half a year)
Hey waterproff.. (funny name lol)

Yup i do.. can't say which one :think just had two days off, now back to 5 on.. :cheers

CC.. :)
I bet you're the one in Molly Malone's. The one that looks like Rab C. Nesbitt ?
My wife and I are just back from Benalmadena. After over 20 visits there, we went up to the Pueblo this time after reading this thread. I'm glad we did, as it's as lovely as people here have said.

We had a nice meal and a couple of drinks on the Square. A really nice place to relax and watch the world go by, and then only a short walk to some beautiful views over the coastline.

Thanks for the tips.

JJ.
Glad you enjoyed it JJ. We never managed it this time as when we could go the buses were full and to be honest we were only in Benalmadena a week and were so busy. Perhaps next time we visit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.