Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Lykia world seems to be the most popular and most talked about on here, go below and read what others say the thread is below.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13643&start=0
we have been to lykia and its wonderful for kids going again in oct, can be pricey but food is divine too , i highly recommend it :tup
The royal dragon has 11 water slides, and a mini funfare to keep the kids happy, private beach with free sunloungers and its a ultra A/I

thomas cook sell it.

http://www.royaldragonhotel.com.tr/
Hi I've got same prob as noods, only my son will be 11. looking at 4 diff hotels next summer and waiting to book. I can,t find the royal dragon in Thomas Cook brochure for next year. 4 I'm looking at are

PALOMA CLUB SULTAN
PALOMA GRIDA VILLAGE
ATLANTIS RESORT
SENTIDO PERISSIA

Any help on these would be great. Main things are--are they child friendly. Would there be other kids around so he could make friends because as they say happy child happy parents :sun2
debs1

Direct Holidays are the doing royal dragon next year had a price off them the other day, its the sister hotel to the royal wings at lara
I think you would be better with fully All Inclusive with 3 boys, They can eat with their friends and get drinks all day long, most have ice cream available! We prefer the Antalya region for the better quality 5 star AI
A reasonable priced hotel with family rooms that go down in to the private family pool is the Limak lara, great hotel. the adult room has a jacuzzi bath in the room plua shower cubicle and WC . Boys would be in the lounge where there are 2 double bed settes , plasma Tv on the wall and their own ensuite shower room and a mini bar filled with soft drinks, water and beer!! Worth a look! Branded sprits like bacardi gin johnnie walker, etc available 24 hours and it has some included room service , was after midnight but not sure this year! Got a tandoori restaurant near beach! Waterslides are very good and even one in the indoor pool! large games arcade with ten pin bowling but a fee for this! great beach party and lots of bars! Some included water sports! they have a great pier which once a week they a romantic night just for the adults, really nice! It is almost fully booked up for this summer and very popular ! A lovely modern hotel with loads of fantastic water areas! Been summer 2007 and going next easter for 2 weeks!
Well, we have been to Lykia and to Royal Wings which is one of the top Lara Beach hotels and I have to say that Lykia World would get our vote every time as being far superior. Only reason for booking Royal Wings would be if you are heavy drinkers wanting the AI, but for us the beer and wine at mealtimes was quite enough alcohol! Far more activites and much better clubs for children at LW plus the scenery which is absolutely beautiful, whereas Lara is described by many as 'downtown Beirut' with reason.
Limak Lara was excellent but the children's activities were more east-european centred.

Royal Wings next door looked really good with the funfair
I didn't say the royal wings, but the royal dragon, colakli, side, I said the sister hotel is the royal wings.
hi

has anyone heard of the kefaluka resort in turkey. it openend at the start of june and looks pretty good!! would love to book for next year but would love to hear some reviews first. anyone going this year at all??
Can't think - I know you did, I was answering the original question, not referring to anything you may have said! Though to be honest, the Royal Dragon looks almost identical to its sister hotel, the Royal Wings! And there was nothing wrong with RW, just Lykia is better in our opinion.
mehmeh1

Thats ok, just a mis-understanding.

With starter of the thread saying not silly prices, I don't think there is much out there in the 5* A/I what isn't silly prices since xmas.
When we went to Lykia we didn't find getting the kids soft drinks a problem. As one restaurant closes another more of less opens. Mine tend mainly to drink at meal times with water inbetween.

The only real problem with the full board plus would be for adults who want to put away a lot of alcohol of an evening in this case an AI I suppose would be better than Lykia. We managed with the included wine and beer. I guess you have to weigh up what suits you best.
ive always rated lykia, its fab and its nice to know its better than the royal wings, we stayed in antalya and went for a day to this area and wasnt very impressed , but we really like olu deniz.

i agree with you chris i dont drink and would rather go for good quality food and gorgeous scenery, but everyone has different needs
Thanks for all the replies guys!!

Been looking into Lykia, royal wings and royal dragon etc, been to the travel agents today, everything is coming up at around £6k :duh :( Cannot justify that on one holiday. Budgeting for up to £4k at the most.

Am I expecting too much????
Well, there are five of you and at least one is old enough to be classed as an adult. You haven't given us all their ages. For Lykia it is always worth playing around with the configuration, eg putting in 2 rooms with 2 in one and 3 in another may be cheaper than one big family room. Also try both the Village and the Residence as sometimes one is cheaper and sometimes the other. Don't bother asking the travel agent, price it up yourself online, that way you can play around with rooms and dates. Try Monarch and Direct Holidays, both have been known to offer bargains. Also try people like Travel Republic and sunshine.co.uk. I am afraid you have to work at it! Good luck!
noods

If you had booked just after xmas you would of been fine with £4K but the prices have gone up steeply since then, keep on looking or try and outside school hols to save some money.
Should say, Im looking at 2010!!!! Thought booking early may make a bit of difference!!! :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.