Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
dose your pasport rates include turky?

you may be able to manuly tune your phone to turkcell i usualy do when in protaras as its cheeper than cytanetvodaphone
oooh, I dont know if it does ~ i will call them and find out...

Thanks Wizard ~ havent a clue how to tune in the phone tho, it always picks up the favourite or recommended network lol

Karen x
sorry, forgot to add, would still like to find out the cheapest or best option, just in case, especially as we go Wednesday :D :D :D
Wizard - Is Turkcell really cheaper on your network? If so what network are you on?

I just got my bill from April and T-Mobile have charged me 3 times the price of Cyta for two calls that my phone logged on to Turkcell when I made them :shock:

It was billed as
"Calls within the EU" and "Calls outside the EU"

I usually only use my Cyta phone when in Cyprus.

Ady
your more recent than me then my t-mobile was about half the cyta/vod last year

wizard
Hello everyone

Every time we are in Cyprus we always buy phone cards from supermarkets etc.

I think they come in 3, 5 or 10 Cyprus pounds and are brilliant value for money and seem to last for ages.

They are also a better way to budget as you can see how much each call is costing and therefore no nasty surpises when you get home. :cry: Also has its a landline its usually better quality.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

Roll on eight weeks and four days. 8)

Best Regards
I too recommend the local phone cards which are available EVERYWHERE in various values. If you leave it to phone the UK after 8pm local time the cards last ages and are very, very good value for money.

99% of the phone booths take the cards.
The cheapest way to phone the UK is on a local mobile, most phones brought over from the UK are locked here, if you can get an unlocked phone and use a local ''sim card'' it is remarkably cheap to phone internationally.

This will cost you £15 for a Cyta sim card that includes a number and some free calls, the number and calls last for over a year, so if you are regular visitors to CY this is the way to go, many buy a cheap mobile here for just this reason, £25 will buy you a low priced Nokia or another, Cyta (SoEasy) top up scratch cards start at £5 upwards but of cousre you usually have to have that sim card.

This could work out cheaper than using a UK locked or international roaming phone on the Island.
Thanks everyone,

I think I will pick up the card and use one of those :)
TIP....If you go to the main Cyta office or go to any phone shop in town when in CY they will check your phone free to see if the ''SoEasy'' sim card will work in your phone, most UK phones do not!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.