Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Dear All

We've booked an ocean view VIP room. Does anyone know if they supply tea and coffee making facilities?
Thanks
Pam
Pam,
I have not even got any leave left for this year (sad!!!). We have just had a Caribbean Cruise and will be off to the Dom Rep in July and that's it for this year.
A friend at work is going to this resort in a week or two which is why I was looking it up. She got a fantastic price. The reviews look mostly good, so I think I might put it on my "places to visit" list.
I was thinking if we went there next March, it would not be overly crowded with "Spring Breakers" as I imagine that not that many Americans go there. (Nothing against Americans, just noisy drunk teenagers)
My sister stayed at the Iberostar Varadero last October, she said it was fantastic, but it was a bit pricier than the Blau.
I shall keep looking at reviews etc. and then check it out next January or February!
Have a great time.
Lorraine
Hi Lorraine
Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to hearing what your friend thanks of the Blau.
Sounds like a good idea, going next March.
Pam
Hi All

Does anyone know if there is a dress code for the restaurants in the evening? Do men have to wear trousers or will smart shorts do?

Thanks
Pam
Most of the AIs with dress codes do let you get away with 3/4 length trousers anyway.
Hi All

Does anyone know what the evening entertainment is like at this hotel?

Thanks
Pam
Having already booked our holiday at the Blau Costa Verde Hotel in Holguin we now understand there are building works going on next to the Hotel. Has anyone any idea what is going on and how much the disturbance level is. Had we know before booking building works were in progress we would never have booked this holiday. Any information or advise please.
Which tour operator are you travelling with? Have they notified you of building works?
You really need to find out what work is going on before you start panicking. Caribbean building sites are not quite the same as European ones.
Our last holiday was to the Dom Rep, Sirenis tropical suites. During our stay they started upgrading ALL the blocks around us, basically knocking down interior walls, remodeling and replacing all the fittings etc.
If we had wanted to be pedantic we could have complained about the banging, the constant stream of squeaky wheel barrows and workers past the balcony, but quite honestly it did not really detract from the holiday at all. The loudest noise was not much worse than a TV and only sporadic and we just went off to the beach for peace or the pool for a drink.
As far as Playa Pesquero is concerned, I have stayed at the other two hotels on that beach and they are a bigger layout than the Blau CV so I would be less worried about an effect with them, but as far as I can tell the BCV is a more traditional hotel with the rooms all in the main block so any work going on in the hotel would be more noticeable.
I must reiterate I have not been to the BCV so my guess on room configuration is only gleaned from brochures, Google Earth etc and may be wrong.
I have been on their beach though!
The BCV beach is the best end for snorkelling, sand is nice and the BCV beach bar is close to hand, so that part of the holiday should be unaffected at least.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.