Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
If I was you I would book them using travel companies in Goa and pay cash, it's much cheaper for the same excursions.
ok thats cool, so you dont think there is anything we would need a Credit card for in Goa?
You would only need a credit card ifyou are going to buy something big, like furniture or ornaments, but I always take my credit card to use in case of emergencies. One never knows what might happen.
Hi Nat

If you take your credit card let your bank know that you are going to Goa, India, then they will register that you will be useing it out here otherwise you will have all sorts of problems.

Mike
What problems Mike, I have used mine for a few years with no problems. Do you recommend I take cash this year instead.
I am quite worried about this holiday, weather not brilliant, visa nightmares, monarch flight, staying at prazeres instead of usual apartment.
Looking forward to our meet up though - it will be a good holiday :D
If you dont tell the credit card people you are going abroad, and then use it for some high value purchase like a diamond ring, the card companies security division may think your card has been cloned and block all further use of, it causing you all sorts of problems, so its best to ring them before you go. Alan
Yes thats right Gramps. We bought a diamond for one of my necklaces and within a day or two my OH had a phone call to say someone had used his credit card in India :shock: We didnt phone the bank before leaving the UK, so probably best to do so.
Yep - phone your bank etc. I had the same problem last year, trying to use my debit card!
will def call the bank before we go, thanks for that guys
Used my credit card several times in Goa to buy large purchases (dining table, cabinets and diamond rings) but I have never had a problem. But to be on the safe side I think this time I will ring them (just in case)
I always inform them now after being stuck in a shop in Bali(miles away from where we staying) with the cc company blocking the purchase. We had made a couple of other purchases that day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.