Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hi

im just wondering if anyone perhaps has any pictures of the studios in the bouganvilla apartments-i have been told they are really small and i want to know if they will be big enough for 2 adults and 1 child?
im thinking of upgrading to a one bed apt, but dont know if this would be a waste of money.

thanks
kay x
I stayed in June with my two children 11 and 14 and we had a one bed apt and I am glad we did. The studios looked very small.

We were due to leave the apt at 10.30 at night and would have had to check out at 12 noon so I booked a 1 bed apt direct with the hotel for an extra day and then explained when we got there that I had done this. They were great and let us keep the same apt.

If you want a TV you have to hire one.

The main pool is not very safe despite the lifeguards and I think there should be better signs - a little boy drowned the week before we arrived. If you have small children I would sit by one of the other pools.

Sunbeds are a problem at high season. I got up at 7.30 to get a sunbed. Some people though reserved beds and didn't sit on them till lunchtime of after - that is out of order.
Hi there people,

Just wondering i would try this site see if i could get some info, me and my gf and little baby (18months) are staying here for 11nights going out on the 3rd of october and can't wait.

Only thing i'm bothered about is reading other people comments on other sites about this place, that the rooms are shabby, sheets only get changed once a week if your lucky etc.. Anyone been recently who could enlighten me on this place as what to expect?

Thanks

Wayne
Hi

Have been meaning to post a review for those who are yet to go...we were dreading going after reading all the terrible reviews and the good news is that it was nowhere near as bad as we thought it would be.

The complex is massive but was very clean and has 2 childrens pool that are very safe and clean. We had a 1 bed apartment and I can honestly say that it was one of the nicest apartments we have stayed in. It was fairly big and was cleaned 5 days out of 7. There were maids and cleaners around ALL the time we were there and I never saw a spot of litter.

Getting a sunbed wasn't a problem but some people who were there said that it's impossible to get one during the summer months.

The staff on reception were lovely, the food was nice, the minimarket on site was great and there's a take away.

Sa Coma is a bit of a trek away so we just got a taxi, reception ordered us one every night and it came in about 3minutes and was really easy to get one back again too! We weren't very impressed with Sa Coma itself (but the beach was lovely). It is well worth a 10 min taxi ride into Cala Bona which is gorgeous.

There was entertainment at night which was very family minded but stopped just before midnight so it wasn't noisy - not sure if this will continue into Oct.

All in all we thought the complex was fine and we had a great relaxing time. However, I would never in a million years like to stay here during the summer months, I can well believe it would be mayhem!!
Thanks for replying that's made me feel alot better about this place.

I know alot of people have there own opinions but i've read good and bad so thought id's just ask on here 1st for people who have just come back or been within last few months.

What's it like on price wise was it expensive for meals and taxis? We don't mind walking but don't want to be treking to far..

Is there much in so coma to do itself in the day and at night? What was Cala Bona like much to do?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
hi wayne me and my family are travelling to the same apartments on the 3rd we are flying from leeds bradford we are meeting friends out their who we met a couple of years a go the reason we are going for one they chose this place another we went to sa coma last year and had a look around here it looked lovely the pool is massive supposed to be the biggest in mallorca. We also think sa coma is very nice as well my daughters friends also stayed here a few years ago and they are a bit snobby and loved it and i was talking to a old couple who went without kids and they said they loved it so just relax, i cant wait to go i really need this break so hope you enjoy it.
Hi Julie, thanks for the reply :), yeah the pool does look big can't wait to go! Just hope he weather is decent enough! Well look out for us and we will say hello, my gf has got blonde hair can't miss it and ive got dark and we have a little girl so won't be hard to miss us! We are flying from manchester early morning so will be arrving around late morning if not delayed!
Hi Wayne. We are going to Sa Coma 19 October. We find Sa Coma very quiet and family orientated. (Don't know what its like high season). Our kids ages between 15 and 10 enjoy a bit of freedom (like walking back to the apartments on their own from town after a night out - something I'm not sure I would let them do in Magaluf). There are a couple of bars where you can get a late drink and a bit of entertainment (tribute acts etc). One of the best things, I think, is you can walk to S'Illot, Cala Bona and Cala Millor for a change of scenery, some more 'authentic' restaurants etc. Have a great time.
hi wayne again you will be their before us we dont arrive until 10 at night we are a family of five kids 15 10 and 7 my husband is bald and i have really short hair, i the friends we are meeting have a little girl of two we may just catch site of you.
hello all, i was just wondering if anyone was going on holiday here on may i fly out to be there on 22nd of may 2007, there is 3 adults and 3 children going along, also if anyone has been there around may before as i would like to know wot type of clothes i am going to need i scarf or bikini lol, thank you shaz
I have been in May for past 4 years you will need Bikini's and T shirts BUT always take a cardi or jacket as nights get chilly. I take a brolly and Kagoule just in case. l have flight booked for 19 May nowhere to stay as yet will book when the right price and accc comes along for Cala Bona .CBG
Hia,

Just got back from a week at Bouganvilla. There were four iof us in a two bed apartment. I had been worried as read some negative reviews, but I need not have worried. Had a great time here.

Apartment was clean and well equipped. The site is huge a well cared for. Because it was October, there was plenty of room and plenty of sun-loungers around. The entertainment, although not my cup of tea, was very popular with families and youg children. We did not eat at the hotel restaurants or drink at the bars. There was a large supermarket just down the road were we bought our supplies and we either ate in the apartment or walked down to the town. A pleasant stroll.

The weather was wonderful and we spent alot of time either at the poolside playing on the floaties which had been left by people who had gone home, or popping down to the beach. The beach is truly user friendly. Soft sand, gently sloping into the sea and staying clear and shallow for a long way out. All along the front were cafes with toilet facilities too.

It was easy to get a bus in town to the Dragon Caves, or anywhere else you might want to visit. I must recommend the Pirate Adventure. It is expensive but, oh boy, unforgettable!

I would not go to this resort in high summer - it would be too busy for me, but I will return next October.

We booked through Direct Travel on the internet just a week before flying out - we will do this again next year.
Wayne.
What did you think to the Bouganvilla and Sa Coma?
i was their at the same time loved sa coma, liked the bouganvilla but wouldnt go in high season because the rooms were warm you woould have to buy fans the only complaint i would say is the maids were the worst we have ever had for cleaning. The pools were lovely and the beach as well.
Hello,

Well after being back from sa coma for a week or so, well what a disaster holiday! Now i will speak the truth about the whole place.

First of all we ended up paying £80 for excess luggage so wasn't the best start! Anyway arrived Tuesday morning and weather was great, it is more a less a gloryfied butlins i would say.

The bouganvilla was nice but to big for a starters the place was massive! The studios were small, one had to sleep on a sofa bed and the other had a little bed not to my likely really but it's what you pay for.

We didn't have to get up like people say at 7am to put towels out that's aload of rubbish there was the odd towel out at around 8ish but that's normal. I must say there wouldn't be enough beds to accomodate all guests in high season that's for sure. Pool was nice and big very clean but abit cold but it was october!

It was a nice walk into town centre around 10mins walk which isn't far at all, now compared to where i have been before the town is rather small and i didn't really see many restaurants and most of them was english ones. We didn't find one decent place, The kings head wasn't what people make it out to be not all that good, the The sportsman the was okish, but i didn't mind JJ's.

The train that runs down to the beach was quite full and it's first come first serve and it can take around 30 people if that and there's not alot of room.

The beach it's self is really nice but didn't really go down there as we didn't get one brilliant day really apart from 2 which we stayed around the pool.

The Big Top well we only went once as a one off but was ok for the kids i guess but we did hear the repeated the same things every night!

All in all was an okish holiday but wouldn't go back again, deff stick to greece!

Wayne
Hi Wayne, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your hols as much as you'd hoped but don't let Sa Coma put you off Majorca. We stayed in Sa Coma a few years ago and it wasn't really to my liking, too British for me. You ought to have a look at Puerto Pollensa I have a feeling you would like it there :D

Happy Hols :glynis
Has anyone been to Bouganvilla aparthotel Sa Coma as going in August just wondering if anyone knows if you can upgrade to all inclusive and if so how much
looking on there web site they do a/i.they will let you upgrade when you get there.but no prices.most hotels start from 18 to 20 euro a day per person.and all in party must join.

res.bouganvilla@hihotels.net

you could email them
You should be aware that some hotels in Mallorca work, shall we say, a little fiddle (I'm not suggesting this hotel is one of them, it may be an exception). Simply put, they don't have the proper licence for AI so they ask for cash up front when you check-in if you want to upgrade.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.