Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi jojo. We are going to Sa Coma in October and we will have kids with us (ages 15, 13, 11 and 10). Do you think Magaluf is a better choice for them? I like Sa Coma and think it is quite family orientated. Was it busy in September? The last time we visited in October, everywhere was ready for closing down. :cry: Where do you stay in Magaluf? Thanks in advance. :D
Hi Paragaluva, I am sure because the children have one another for company it will be fine.
Sa Coma is nice, but we just found it a little too quiet for my teenager in the evenings and the only two pubs that teenagers where in where just so rowdy with fights every evening - it wouldn't be some where I would let them go alone.
I just prefer Magaluf which contrary to popular belief is very good for all ages. We always stay down the bottom of the hill when we go so that we can have the quiet if we want it or have a short walk to the more lively places, which are best for when you have children with you.
Magaluf has the Aqua parks and Pirate show right on the doorstep it also has some wonderful family orientated pubs to keep the kids entertained in the evening.
people do have different opinions we have stayed in sa coma and loved it but alos visited magaluf twice which i do not like its just full of rowdy teenagers getting drunk. in sa coma my children loved the scooters but my children are happy just to wander about with us on a night, i have a teenager she loves sa coma but she is happy with pool and the sea and we dont stay out late at night i thought sa coma was cleaner as well.
Hi jojo and Julie. I think we will go with Sa Coma in October (probably the Safari Park where we stayed last year). We went to Magaluf at the beginning of April and stayed at the Sol Magaluf Park. I know this hotel gets quite good reviews but to be honest we werent impressed, its certainly not a patch on the Safari Park. Magaluf was very quiet in April, dont know what its like in October. I think we were happier when the kids walked back to our hotel in Sa Coma (late in the evening) than in Magaluf (I know the PR's have a job to do but when we went last year they were trying to get our 14 year old and her friend in all the pubs :shock: This didnt happen in Sa Coma.
Firstly, can I say, please don't be alarmed, this is in no way a reflection on the Bouganvilla Apartments.

On the last day of my holiday, Saturday 29 July, I was in the pool at the apartments and a small lad (approx. 10 yrs old) had an accident. He had been somersaulting into the pool from the edge and the next thing I saw was him running along the side of the pool screaming 'my head, my head'. He had cracked his head open (it was a horrific injury to see) and I have not been able to get his poor little face out of my head since.

I am posting this with the highest hope that somebody may read it that returned after me and knows what happened to the poor little mite. It's really upset me and every time I close my eyes I think of him. I don't want to post how bad his injury was because it isn't for the squeamish.

I would like to add that the lifeguard and ran to his aid and the man that seemed to me to be from the medical centre, together with hotel staff and reps were absolutely magnificent in their treatment of him and the ambulance arrived very quickly.

He was such a brave little lad the way he sat whilst being bandaged up - I really just want to know that he's safe and well.

Thank you x
sad to hear..I hope he is ok...

I guess a warning to all us parents to be on the look out for the kids as they get sooo excited and accidents do happen round the pools...
A shameless bounce to get this topic back up the page as I would really like to know that this boy is ok.

Thanks.
This is awful. something needs to be done about that pool. I was there at the end of May and a little boy of about 8 years old died in the pool. How many accidents have to happen! I hope the little boy you saw is okay
This was in no way the fault of the Bouganvilla apartments - how on earth can it be? They have two (very good and very attentive) lifeguards on duty all day - this is down to parents! If you don't keep your eye on an 8 year old child in a deep swimming pool then there is nobody else to blame but yourselves. I'm sorry but I feel very strongly about that. Your children are your own responsiblity! My son is nearly 16 and I still keep an eye on him!

I emailed the Bouganvilla yesterday and had a lovely reply back from them. The boy in question was kept in hopsital overnight for observation and had 25 stitches then returned to the site the next day. He had no other injuries other than the huge gash and they actually stayed for the rest of their holiday and were going home yesterday. I am so relieved, he was one very very lucky little boy.
I am pleased the boy was OK. Awful thing to happen especially when on holiday abroad. It is so distressing to witness, you will be able to rest easy now.
Some hotels put a non slip surface around the pool edge. But kids won't stop running about even if you tell them not to - it's a kid thing.
I am glad the little boy is okay and yes you are right it is up to parents to watch the children - mine are 11 and 15 and I still watch them too. Whilst we were there in June I pulled a 3 year old out of the deep pool as he was struggling and his mother was sunbathing.

I do think bigger warning signs need to be placed around the pool about it's depth and sheer drop. People look in at the deep end and see a shelf and think it is shallow but then it just drops. That's when people get into trouble and because it is so cold for youngsters it is the shock of the cold too.

The life guards are good but they are placed nearer the shallow end. I think there should be one on the end of the deep end near the shops.
im just wondering if anyone has ever been to the bouganvilla apartments in sa come? im due to go there on the 16th sept this year with my partner and 11month old son.

i have read a few reviews some excellent some really bad, im just looking for abit of reasurance really, im quite and easy going person and im not expecting 5* accomodation i feel a holiday is what you make it. so im just wanting to find out if the bad reviews are written by snobs(sorry) or are their reviews well founded.

thanks kay x
i havent been personally but friends of ours went last year and had a great time - they dont tend to do 'med' holidays so for them to say fabulous it must have been good (!) - as you say its what you make it and i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.....
Sa Coma is a lovely family resort. some people go every year to Bouganvilla so it can't be that bad. Last year when we were eating in the Brittania taxis were coming every 5 mins dropping people off from Bougie to have their dinners and see the entertainment they looked happy enough. Enjoy not long now!!
Hi

We're pretty much in the same boat as you. We're going to this accommodation 9th Sept - 16th Sept with our 2yr old daughter. It's our first trip abroad with her and we're a bit stressed about it after reading all the horrific reviews.

My husband is going nuts that we're going to be with loads of really 'rough' families and they'll be loads of tatoos and swearing!
I'm concerned about sunbeds!! I don't want to be getting up at 6am to get a sunbed!!

But like you say, a holiday is what you make it and our attitude is now that if it is horrible then we'll have something to laugh about and our 2yr old won't notice!
Kay ... I have merged your thread with this existing 6 page topic about the complex, hopefully allowing you to find information which you might have previously missed.

David :wave
On another website it stated that there is no aircon but if you need to hire a fan it's cheaper to buy one from the local supermarket than rent one.

Like you say your holiday is what you make it.

Your room is really only somewhere to wash, change and sleep! As long as it's clean and safe to me that's all that matters.

Hopefully weather will be fab, so you'll spend all the day's either by the pool or on the beach!

I'm sure you'll have a fab time whatever.

We got worried last year on reading reviews about the Sea Club in Alcudia and had a great time.

Claroj: Just a tip for the two year old - take a small box of lego with the board - kept ours occupied under a brolly for hours last year, and a teaspoon of calpol hour before the flight just in case it affects his/her ears.

We're off in 3 weeks to Cala D'or - so excited!!

Hope you have a great time :glynis
Just an after thought when reading the reviews I try and look at the recent ones so you can see what state accomodation in etc., but where stating things like no sunbeds I try look for reviews made around the same time of year ie. September last year if travelling September this year

A review in July about sunbeds may be completely different for people using the facilities in September.

Hope that makes sense

:roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.