Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Sorry but that bad report I feel was influenced by your bad stay in the Bouganvilla. Sa Coma itself is lovely. There is such a wide variety of restaurants and the food is great, and while the entertainment at night isnt anything major, there is the Kings Head, Britannia Bar, Christies and a few others which stay open until late , but dont expect any loud pumping discos. Sa Coma is more of a family resort.

As for the Bouganvilla, its either a love it or hate it place to stay. You obviously didnt like it.
After Andy's review of the Bouganvilla and Sa Coma in general, can anybody reassure those of us who have booked!! :shock:
Exactly how I am feeling at the moment. I'm a single mother and no way do I want to fork out over £1,000.00 on a crap holiday!
Hi Sarah. When are you going to Sa Coma and where are you staying? Gail
I'm going from 27th June until 11 July 2006, staying in a studio at the Bouganvilla Apartments, Sa Coma.
We go in 4 weeks time (staying at the Safari Park). I'll post a report when I get back :roll:
Hi guys - I stayed in Sa Coma at the Bouganvilla last September.
Although it is a litlle way out from the main part, you can either get the free "Bougie" train during the day which takes you right down to the beach and will also bring you back or you can walk - about 15 / 20 mins and failing that the taxis are only about 3Euros (£2).

Although the rooms in the Bouganvilla are quite small - they are fine for 2 people. We had 3 staying and the sleeping arrangement consisted of a wooden framed couch/bed either side with a 3 foot space in the middle to walk to the patio doors, which when the third pull out bed was in use you had to climb over them to get to the doors and you all felt like you were sleeping in one big bed!

We were self catering and did try the LaTasca restaurant once, but didn't rate it very much - others loved the food, like everything else its each persons preference.

The pool was beautiful, with a life guard always in attendance, it was uncrowded, big and clean, one of the best pools I have ever seen.
The complex has lots to do - arcade games, internet cafe, big top entertainment area and lots of reps to keep the kids happy.

We never stayed on the complex in the evenings, but spoke to many a family that really loved the on site reps and entertainment.
Although I prefer Magaluf to Sa Coma each holiday is what you make it, so smile and don't be put off.
Sa Coma was the same since I have been going there from the early 90's nothing has changed. So anybody who is worried what sa coma is like now there is nothing to worry about. The first week of my hoilday at the vista badia they were fully booked, restaurants were busy, the britannia bar and the kings head were packed out every night, the beach was busier than when I have been before.

Anybody going to protur hotels with kids under 12's the paradise park is very good with climbing frames, castle, trampolines all free, there is a paddling pool with water slide for under 8's.

If anybody is going to sa coma and not sure about the bouganville take a look at the safari park apartments available through portland direct who area part of thomson's. http://www.portland-holidays.co.uk/ their prices are reasonable. You can look at the safari park and other protur hotels here. http://www.protur-hotels.com/home.php?lng=uk you can book on line with protur and arrange your own flights, transfers. Proturs prices are reasonable.

Gail only the safari park has A/I in sa coma out of all of the protur hotels.

The bouganville is really out of the way on the very out skirts of sa coma opposite the safari animal park, not near anything. Its a good walk into sa coma and I wouldn't want to do it with kids. I wouldn't want to wait for the train that goes from the bouganville to sa coma with all of my beach stuff and kids hanging on my arm. Take a look around there is very good accommodation right in sa coma of higher standard and probably at a cheaper price. For instance the safari park hotel through portland.
Hi Mike. This will be my third visit to Sa Coma since 1989. I'm sure it will be a lot more built up/commercialed since my first visit. We have booked independently, flights were £128 from Doncaster, 1 bed apt 406 euros. Dont know if we could have got a better deal if we had waited but at least the Safari Park is good standard accommodation. We are going with an open mind and hope to enjoy ourselves. As I said in an earlier post, went to Palma Nova in April and that wasnt 'my bag' but horses for courses etc. but by the sounds of it Sa Coma is very 'British' so it might not be a lot different to Palma Nova/Magaluf. Give me Greece anyday!!! :wink:
For Andy Pugh. Hi. Have you got any further comments after reading other postings?????
oooo iv been there twice so far n coincidentally my last visit was just last week, i sadly came back to england last nite :( didnt want to leave from the bouganvilla apartments as i enjoy it so much, n it is in such a wonderful place, that now infact i am searchin for villas for sale on the streets around it!, it is absolutley gorgeous there n the entertainment is fantastic!
I did quite a bit of research this year on all the places to stay in the resort for my website. I also spent a few nights in the Bouganvilla for the entertainment, and spent a few hours a day up there in the arcades and by the pool.

Basically, this is the truth about the Bouganvilla from my eyes:

+ huge complex, everything you could want in one place
+ shop onsite, takeaway, restaurants, bars, kids games arcades, tennis courts
+ huge pool with lifeguards, pool bars, and smaller pools scattered around the complex
+ very large undercover entertainment tent with lots of tables
+ large sunbathing terraces with plenty of sun beds
+ sandy kids foot ball area
+ trampolines in the evening with artists paintings for sales, sometimes go karts for hire, horse rides etc.
+ if necessary there is no need to leave the complex
+ free bus to the beach and back
+ bike hire on site
+ no busy roads outside the complex

And now the minus points;:

- my first impression when seeing the entertainment complex was "Butlins"
- lots of kids there
- some rooms overlooking kids play areas and entertainment stage thus making them very noisy and not very private
- bars on ground floor windows
- some of the rooms very small
- no air conditioning
- some rooms in a courtyard layout, so looking out of your window will see you looking directly into next doors window due to the closeness of and size of the apartments
- shop on site is expensive
- drinks in the complex are expensive and no waiter service in main entertainment area, so large queues for the two bars
- furthest away from the main resort, approx 20 minute walk to nearest shop/bar, 30-40 minute walk to the beach
- its a love it or hate it complex - some people find they wont leave the place for the entire holiday, others dont like the atmosphere there and walk into the resort and beach every day.

Me, personally, I wouldnt stay for more than a week there. I thought the place was ok, the pools were nice, plenty of room around them, entertainment ok, but I would be careful which room I was in i.e. not near the entertainment stage.

As for other places to stay if I had a choice it would be:

1. Coma Gran
2. Vista Badia
3. Safari Apts
I've stayed at the Bouganvilla 4 times. 1992,1993,1994 & 1998. First 3 years were great the last one not too good. Butlins in the sun is what I would refer to it as. Stayed at Palmeras Playa, Coma Gran twice, Gran Playa and Vista Badia 3 times. You will not get a better place than the Vista Badia IMO. Close to the resort, 4 star facilities, clean, aircon, Wendy the receptionist, superb rooms and ok entertainment. I would go back every year if my wife would let me lol.
Just returned from this place.

it is a brilliant place to stay, very clean, the food is superb.

I came on here and read some of the reviews before I went.

I made a great choice at a brilliant price and I would return
Do you have any photos to share? Especially inside the studio, as that is what I am concerned about mostly.
we stayed in a studio, it is definately big enough for 2 people (even 3) it was how we expected it to be, you get a kettle & toaster which at some places you have to pay for. They were very clean & well maintained.

obviously for people that like a lot of room etc need a 1 bedroom apartment, but we ate out every night. The buffet restaurant at the hotel is very good.

An ideal place for those with youngsters, the entertainment caters well for them in 'The Big Top' (can be good some nights), but for those like myself who likes to venture out the complex it is very clean and has a good bar open until 1am. Had no complaints at all !!
Hi I am going to the Bouganvilla apts in the May bank holiday with my two children 11 and 14 and just wondered if anyone has been here before and can let me know if they have booked a late room checkout direct with the apartments. We don't fly till 01.15am but have to check out at 12 noon the day before. A long wait. We ahve bookec a 1 bed apt - - are there any areas to avoid i.e. noisy areas. where is the best location for the apts. I want a quiet room.

Also what's the weather like at the beg of June.
you shouldnt have a problem booking a late room, we went in august and booked one when we got there, the complex is fantastic, the pool is very clean, the complex is always cleaned to the highest standards, you will see the army of maids every morning, we had a fab holidays there, when u go down towards the sea, there is a big hypermarket on the opposite side of the road, we stacked up on things from there, very reasonable, also u should try JJ's for dinner, its great, they are from bolton and you get a free bottle of wine with your dinner, lovely place.

we are trying the alcudia pins this year,

have a great holiday,

noo25
Went there in 92, 93,94 &98. The place is brilliant if only a little too far out of town. Take the train to the beach or the walkway which takes only 15 minutes. sa Coma is a great place for families, get out and about without getting sucked into the holiday camp lifestyle of the boogie. Have great time!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.