Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Many thanks for all your comments. It sounds great we are looking forward to it. I haven't been to Majorca since 99.
this acomadation is realy nice!!!went there and had teemage children with us and even they gave it the thumbs up!the only ptoblem there is not alot of bas in sa coma however the complex has enough entertainment to keep you aoccupied!have a nice holiday
welsh huni, really glad you had a good holiday but can't agree with the comment about about a lack of bars. Sa Coma has plenty from the banging Kings Head to the quieter cocktail bar. Plenty also that do karaoke, quizes, happy hour etc and your only a 2 minute taxi ride from the much larger Cala Millor. No, Sa Coma isn't Magaluf but in my mind has just about the right mix for a perfect family holiday.
we stayed in sa com 4 years ago didn't think much of the place all the excursions seem to be quite far away and we thought the night life wasn't up to much .didn't help with the apartments we stayed in they were a :swear hole(we were told they were a 3star rating thats a :lol: :lol:) But we did visit the Bouganvilla apts a few times as we had friends staying there and we wished we had booked there it might of made our holiday much better than it was .Bouganvilla apts is very lively and loads going on there we thoroughly enjoyed the night time entertainment there and we used the pools by day which were very good.
been to Majorca twice alcudia which was one of the best holidays we have had and sa coma which i have to say is one of the worst holidays we have ever had.

sorry to sound a bit negative on some of my comments :)

hellooooooooooooooooooooooo from the northeast. :)
Hi Northeast. Which apartments did you stay in when you visited Sa Coma? Sounds like one to miss. We are going back to Sa Coma in October. We love Sa Coma for the beach and, although it's very British, the variety of bars and eating places, plus Cala Millor, Cala Bona and S'Illot are within walking distance. Funny, we hated Alcudia that's why I will never do allocated on arrival in case we end up there staying at the Belle Vue. :shock:
we went to sa coma last year and loved it we are staying in the boganvilla i wasnt struck on alcudia either each to their own.
hiya. We (me, my partner kids ages then 1 5 and 9) went to bouganvilla sa coma 3 years ago it was our first holiday abroad. I thought it was amazing. Last year we went to Cala dor but missed the beach in sa coma that much that we hired a car and went there for a day out.
We arrived at bouganvilla at 4 in the morning in the worst thunder storm they had had for years. When i got up the next morning we were under water :yikes once dressed we went down to reception and told them what had happened. We went a walk to the hypermarket and when we got back our whole room had been cleaned up. The complex really is wonderful. We also hired a buggy bike thing and went round sa coma on that we had a right laugh. If any of you can drive i really would hire a car it saves you money and makes your life so much easier ( 10 litres of bottled water can be heavy) Hope you enjoy your holiday :D
went there last june had 2 bedroom apt so it was called as we have 2 girls aged 11 and 12 very disappointed in the second bedroom opnly space for 2 beds which had tore mattresses, would not recomment it to anyone, but you might be luckier as most seem to like it ther.good luck
Hi

My daughter and her boyfriend and his familiy are heading to the Bouganvilla Apartments in July, there will be 8 of them ranging from 12yrs - 50yrs old, she has have heard the entertainment is great and quite varied, has anyone been to confirm this. Also how far are the apartments from Sa Coma itself, and one more last question, does anyone know if you need to pay a deposit and how much this would be

Many Thanks

Jenni
went there in September, you will have a great time as it is a great complex. Entertainment is very good and although it is probably one of the furthest hotels away from the resort centre, they run a free train in the day although it will only take about 10 minutes to walk. Nice resort too, plenty of restaurants and bars.

have fun.
have booked one week in august, very worried after reading reviews, have 2 children 3 and 1 hopefully they will have a good time, but is the sunbed situation as dire as most people think? not looking forward to the early morning rush, and also do the 'royal apartments' exist and if so has anyone upgraded to them?
hi gail most nights we took a taxi onto sa coma
I know its early but i have just booked a week in Bouganvilla for August 2007. will be my first time travelling on my own with my nephew who will be 8 at the time. THe brochure makes out that there is loads to do.....but is that true? Is it safe enough to have him run about without watching his every move? Anything anyone can tell me about this resort/park is much appreciated.
I have just returned from the Bouganvilla apts. For anyone thinking of booking and wanting a quiet holiday don't book this apts. It's great for kids and if you like all day and all night entertainment. A bit like Butlins with sun.

Sa Coma is a very english resort not much spanish cuisine. If you like Burger and chips etc you will be fine.

Capribo is the best supermarket - largest and cheapest.

If you are going to the Bougie watch out for the big pool - it is very deep and very deceptive - it has a small shelf and then drops. A little boy drowned the a few days before we got there. It's also very very cold.

The rooms are okay a little dated but clean. Maid came in 5 out of the 7 days we were there.

Very noisy at night. Can't sleep before midnight if you have small children. The music from the big top is so load it rattles the windows.
I went to the Bouganvilla many years ago & I'm very surprised they haven't sorted that pool out yet, it's extremely dangerous.

I seem to remember there was a slide into the pool and obviously a lot of kids will want to go on it, but be aware it dips so sharply in the middle you'll be under the water before you know it.

I had the frightening experience of watching 2 young lads get into trouble there and only managed to survive by helping each other before the lifeguard realised what was going on and jumped in to help them.

Don't want to scare anyone unduly, but please be aware of the problem.
Hi Chelsea girl and Col. Found a reasonably priced holiday for Sa Coma and was thinking about booking the Bouganvilla for October this year but after reading your reviews, I might change my mind. :shock: Isnt the pool safe for kids? My son can swim but I dont know if I would feel happy if I wasnt watching him all the time :cry:
I saw so many small children jumping in the big pool and not realising how deep it was. There are other pools in the complex and I would say they are a better bet. If your children can swim they should be okay. It was the little ones who couldn't I was worried about.

It's a great place for children - lots to do but it is noisy at night and the entertainment doesn't finish till midnight every night so don't think about an early night.
Oops. Sorry just noticed called you Chelsea girl :oops: We will probably try and book something a bit nearer the town. Another thing, dont fancy the walk a couple of times a day for 7 days. :shock:
was there last june with 2 kids 12 and 13 hated it, and no airconditioning it was hell wouldnt go back
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.