Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
bourgas airport
82 Posts
we go on tuesday and this is the only bit i am not looking forward too is it really that bad :?: :?: :?:
Hi Julie36. Afraid it is that bad! Our luggage was ok but the waiting time at the check in, baggage reclaim, and security check at Bourgas was a nightmare! It doesn't spoil your holiday though. We have been twice to Bourgas airport once in may this year and september 2004 both times it was the same. They could really do with better planning for flight arrivals and departures because they all same to be around the same time. We had to wait outside Bourgas airport for about an hour and a half when we were coming home as the airport was so crowded. (sorry to say but we were also a Tuesday flight) Just try to stay nice and calm and relaxed at the airport and it will be ok.

Have a great holiday
Liz
Hi
we are flying out tomorrow 30th june, we arrive at 1.30 in the morning, can anyone tell me if it as bad then as it seems to be all other times, bit anxious bout this as i'm travelling with 3 small kids. any replies would be great
thank all.
Clare
Hi knightgal,

Unfortunately, the Burgas Airport website is not very informative (unlike the Varna one), so you can't check how many flights arrive at a similar time to yours.

Baldur
Hi Julie36

We also fly out on Tuesday(4th july).Where are you flying from?We leave from Doncaster.Hope things aren't too bad when we arrive :( .Have you any children with you?

Regards

Sharpy
We fly out from Gatwick next Friday eve. Have warned the family that we could expect delays will report back when we return.
we fly from east midlands and yes we have 4 children in total travelling with us ( could be a night mare )
Hi Julie

We are taking our eight year old grandaughter with us which shouldn't be too bad.What time is your flight?We leave at 5.25pm and should land about 10.50.Hope there aren't too many flights landing at the same time.
Hope you have a great holiday :glynis

Sharpy
Thanks Baldur,

May Just hope for the best and take a few chill pills :lol:.
Wont let it ruin my holiday, :glynis
best attitude to have! At least you know what to expect and can go prepared for it.
For info on planned improvements at Bourgas & Varna airports, see this Novinite Report.

Baldur
flew back from Bourgas airport on Friday night . I dont know if its new or I just missed it in the chaos of departure last year . Anyway the bar / coffee area is now non-smoking so as a hardened 20 a day lass I followed the signs to the designated smoking bar / lounge . This was such a pleasant suprise ( bearing in mind it was very hot and crowded . This smoking lounge is on the roof . There are barriers but there is also loads of room and seats and a breeze . I suppose you could also watch the planes . Having watched a first choice plane arrive , they turned it round and called us within 45mins . Incase anyone is worried the tannoy actually works better on the roof than in the main area .
Best of luck
Chris
Passport control on Friday 7th into Bougas was fine and we breezed through however collecting our bags was another thing. It took ages for them to even start putting the baggage onto the belt and even then they only put about 6 on every 10 mins.

Coming back was also fine as we were the first to arrive at the airport for our flight to Gatwick so went through really quickly to a very very hot lounge. Luckily for us a flight was called so it freed up some seats but it was boiling.

We found an aircon machine at the entrance to the duty free shop so we kept going up there to stand in front of it to cool off.

Were we ever glad to get out of that airport.
Hi carrie .

glad to hear you got through the airport with out any bother why did you not go up to the roof terrace to wait it is a lot cooler and you can still top up you tan
We had intended to and hubby is a smoker so he went to have a look but it was closed off for some work being done. They had to go to the bar to have a smoke. They really need to get some air con units in that airport quickly. We flew at night and it was really bad I hate to think what it would have been like in the day :shock:
When we landed at Bourgas, there was about 2 or 3 other flights which had landed just before us. I think one of the flights was Russian & they had to fill a form out before they could go through passport controll, as did the other flights but not sure where they were from,which held everyone else up. It took about 1.5 hours to get through. We didnt have to do it (thank goodness or it would have taken twice as long)

Coming back was fine now they have opened up extra checking desks at the far end of the departures.
hi all.
going back to sunny beach 31st july,is there anywhere u can get ciggies from when collect ya baggage from airport? a airport shop or something?
this is our second time to sunny beach,last year we stayed at the hotel saturn :shock: lol,was fun but never again.
Hi Mickey and welcome to HT!

Please do not post in phone text style as per the T&C's you have just agreed to upon registering. Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers which do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
Hi mickeydd

in answer to your post yes you can get cigs at the airport there is a small shop in the baggage hall while you are waiting for your luggage to arrive, as to the saturn hotel it is no longer there they are building a massive new complex on the site . hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.