Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Don't know Afandou very well but you will find lots of lovely places to eat in Lindos, I can't remember the names but Marcus will point you in the right direction I'm sure! Be careful with the weather as it can be quite breezy so its actually hotter than you think so you can burn easily especially in places like prassonissi (which is well worth a trip). You should be ok with shorts and tshirts but you may need a cardi for the evening if you feel the cold easily. Have a lovely time.
Quite a few years since i've been to Afandou or Faliraki so can't help with recommendations there but it's very hot at the moment and in August it doesn't cool down a lot at night, i'm sure you'll be fine in shorts and t-shirt. Tempratures on the East coast are always a few degrees warmer than in the reports as these are taken from the Airport. :sun2

As for Lindos, lots of great restaurants to vist there and for a first visit you'll want a rooftop restaurant to take in the views so i'd maybe try Dionysos, Stefany's or Odyssia. There are several others i could recommend but on a first visit these are pretty central so much easier to find in the maze of winding streets!
Hi . we live @ Kathara Bay not far from Afandou. Its 4.20 pm here now & its 35c in the shade. The nights here are still very hot so shirt & shorts ok.Can recommend Mimikos just outside the resort for a great meal & night out. Its on the hillside & views are great.You just tell what meat you like & the food just keeps on coming. not open on Mondays.There are a few tavernas doing english breakfast & all are good.Just walk along main street & take your pick.
Thanks. It sounds like I can't really go wrong food wise. Will definitely try Mimikos though. Sounds lovely. As for the weather. What can I say? Don't think I'll need a cardigan on a night at that temperature. I can't wait. Wish I was over there now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.