Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Smarshy,

As Far As I Can See It Is The BA115 Operating The Outbound Flight From The UK (LHR-JFK)

Gower
BA shall buy 6 Embraer 170's and 5 Embraer 190's to operate under the CityFlyer banner from London City Airport.

The aircraft shall be replacements for the ageing RegionalJet - RJ85's and 100's.

Nivsy
We are flying to Faro on Thursday 15th January at 10.50am.

We plan to check in online the previous day and use the fast bag drop at the North Teminal.

We are staying in a b&b about 10 minutes away and want to have a fairly leisurely breakfast. If we arrive at the terminal between 9 and 9.15am will that give us enough time? We don't really need to do anything once airside apart from a loo visit and buy water and coffee etc.

Pippa
Pippa,

Given it's quieter at this time of year, 1.5 hours should be ok to get through security but you might want to ask on the Gatwick thread to get an opinion from those who use Gatwick regularly. During busier times, it has been known to take over an hour to get through security.

Darren
I will post on the Gatwick thread too. Thanks.
Pippa
I am really excited as we are actually flying First in April. I got them through BA miles as I certainly could never afford to buy them! I am looking forward to the experience and will make the most of it :D
Flights to / from all London airports, especially London City and Heathrow are subject to delays and cancellations because of the heavy snow fall today (02/02/09). This is severly effecting British Airways regional and international flights. All flights from Heathrow are cancelled up until 1700. Refer to Britich Airways or Heathrow Airports websites for up to date information.

Darren
London City
BACity Flyer, All Flights cancelled Until 18:00

London Heathrow
All Shorthaul flights cancelled for the rest of the day
We are flying to Miami on a BA 747. Can you tell me which seats they allocate to disabled passengers?
jax,

It depends on the nature of the disability, but close to the doors normally (but not exit rows). Row 40, an extra legroom row behind a bulkhead is a common place.

Darren
British Airways - Saint Kitts route from Gatwick. Goes via Antigua both ways to St Kitts, 2009
Does anyone know if you have to get off the plane in Antigua, or do you stay on the plane? Thanks.
Aliceadventures,

That's a strange itinerary. I can't see them operating via St Kitts both ways. Are you sure your flights aren't to Antigua with BA (operated by a British Airways Boeing 777-236/ER), then onwards with LIAT / Caribbean Star? If not, I should imagine you'll have to get off the aircraft outbound, but not inbound.

Darren
BA started to fly direct to St Kitts in Nov 2008
XL collapsed in Nov and left St Kitts with no direct flights, so BA took over.
Anyway I think I have found out the answer to my own question. You don't get off. So that's good.
Aliceadventures,

What are your dates of travel? It was showing as 1 stop when I looked for summer dates. Might be different in the winter. It just seems strange they'd do a flight to/from St Kitts from Antigua when they'd normally only do one stop in Antigua, then dropp off at St Kitts on the way back to LGW. It wouldn't make sense the other way.

Darren
Can anyone tell me if Turkey counts as long haul or short haul for checking in times? The BA website tells me to log in to my booking for details of check in times for my actual flight but we've booked through Voyages Jules Verne and therefore don't have a BA ref no. I need to know so I can sort out car parking etc.

Thanks!
Corinne76,

For aviation purposes, Turkey is classed as europe and therefore short (mid) haul.

Darren
Darren - thanks for that. Should I assume a 2 hour check-in then?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.