Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Fiona, that was a quick reply :tup . I think my sister thinks she is going to get something almost to the standard of business class for the fare they are asking. :( Think I might be going to disappoint her.
It might disappoint her but when she is sitting there and takes a look back in economy she will be glad she booked it. :)
Food is definitely what WT get. Have done WT+ a couple of times and the legroom alone is worth it.
more info for you here. I had forgotten about the leg rest.
johndoe,

BA039 is operated by a Boeing 747-400.

Darren
Hi - Does anyone know which aircraft BA use on their Gatwick to Barbados flights (BA2155/BA2154)?
Thanks
Crockett,

LGW-BGI-LGW (BA2155/4) are operated by a Boeing 777-236/ER.

Darren
Just wanted to report back on our flight from Gatwick to Izmir. There was no entertainment (tv or radio) in either direction - apparently this was because the plane was a 737? The 'snack' was a deli bag with a couscous salad, cheese and onion wrap (very heavy on the mayo), packet of nuts and dried fruit and fruit cake. Both flight were on time and we managed to get exit row seats on the way back so can't complain too much really.
BA to launch two new Caribbean routes

British Airways is launching twice-weekly services from Gatwick to Montego Bay and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic in its winter schedule.

From October 25, the airline is also increasing flights from Gatwick to St Lucia from three to five a week, Barbados, from nine to 10, and Port of Spain, Trinidad, from three to five.

Lead-in return fares will start from £634 to Montego Bay and £559 to Punta Cana, including taxes, fees and charges.

Lead-in return fares to St Lucia start from £553, Barbados from £553 and Port of Spain from £583.80.

"These new routes and increased frequencies underline our commitment to the Caribbean," said head of sales Richard Tams.

"It's a popular destination with our customers and it's due to demand that we're increasing the number of flights to the region."

Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Friday).

With permission from Travelmole
I'm looking to go to Chicago in June 2010 with BA from Manchester via London Heathrow, and hoping to take my wife and my 7 month old son (who will be 1 and a half years old by then) hopefully on a Boeing 747.

Up until May 2010, it loks like BA will be using 2 777's and 1 767 on this route. Do you know if they'll be using the 747 during the summer months again in 2010?

many thanks

Deiniol Thomas
Penbedw,

It's too early to tell yet as flights are only available up to the end of May 2010, June onwards hasn't been released as yet. It's normally a 772 on the BA295, 763 on the BA297 and a 744 on the BA299 (sometimes 772) in the summer.

Darren
Do you have any idea when June 2010 flights will be available, and when I'll know if they;ll be flying the 747 to Chicago again next summer or not?
Penbedw,

You Will Know When The 2010 Timetable Is Released (Probably Within The Next Few Months)

Gower
In the mirror today has a report where BA bosses admit BA could go under, I don't believe they will because the government wouldn't allow the national carrier to go under, in europe and the US share prices of all airlines would dive and cause uncertainty in the travel industry.

I know one of the most risky investments when buying stocks are airlines, over a period of 10 or 20 years they can not make a profit, airlines have the odd good year but one bad year wipes all the good years out, I think BA had a loss of £435 million last year.
Hi Penbedw

Flights usually go on sale 11months before actual flight dates so the info you are seeking should be available in July. If you want to do a test booking now for May 2010 you will be able to see which equipment is being used then and it may not change.

Judith
Hi can't think of a username ... I read that Mirror story earlier. Their headline quite clearly attributes the "we could go under" quote to BA bosses. However, nowhere in the article does it actually reproduce that quote or provide any evidence to substantiate it. The article does mention difficult trading standards and how BA will have to take steps to ensure its survival. One can only guess whether the Mirror translated that into "we could go under" on behalf of BA bosses, for the sake of an eye-catching headline.

David :wave
David

I understand what you are saying

As somebody who plays the markets as a day trader I do understand reports on companies by the press are pushed to the limit but at the same time in the current finacial conditions banks can stop lending and airlines are a risky business. The first thing what will send alarm bells running through the market if BA had to do a rights issue to raise cash, just as banks had to do and if the rights issue isnt taken up fully by institutonal investors and private investor then there would be a big problem, but being the UK national carrier the governement wouldn't let BA fail.

But after big losses recently it makes one wonder if another 2 years of losses on the scale of hundreds of millions how will airlines survive, in the US even big players have failed. The recent mad green fever hasn't helped airlines, the we must save the planet believers are doing more harm then good, and governments loves any chance to levy a tax and I believe its excessive taxes what are causing as much harm as the high aviation fuel prices, and if the we must save the planet bunch get their way and VAT is levied on aviation fuel then european airlines will be in for a very hard time. What will happen all airlines will be based outside of the EU and all fuel will be bought outside of the EU, what will mean more green taxes and more airlines failing. The recent green tax what has moved from the passenger to the airline will maximise tax revenues for the governement but will hurt airlines and in turn produce high air fares. Tax travel and movement and it will kill enconomies.
BA are launching two more new routes, Sharm El Sheikh and Male in the Maldives.
Both flights will operate on a Boeing 777, and will be flying from London Gatwick.
They will start in october.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.