Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Dazbo - we are flying from Gatwick to Tunisia flight no.BA2886 on 3rd Nov. and would like to prebook a seat just in front of the wings - can't remember which number it was last year. Any info please? Thanks - all best - Jenny x
jennyfrank,

BA2886/7 are operated by a Boeing 737-300, normally G-LGTH. I think it's row 4 you're after but don't quote me on that.

Darren
Does anyone know when booking a flight in the BA sale on their site do you have to pay in full or can you pay a deposit?

I have looked on their site, but can't find the answer...

Cheers
I think whenever you book a flight direct with an airline whether it be in the sale or not you always have to pay the full balance.
B*gger thanks for that, just can't afford £1600 at the mo, but that is less than half price to Vancouver for when we want to go in May 2009...
Hi Darren, I'm flying to Tunis on Saturday on BA2886 and returning on 11th Oct on BA 2887. Could you please tell me what plane this is likely to be so I can try and get a good seat when booking in on line (preferably a window seat, not over the wings and near an exit for a quick get-away when we land - I don't ask much do I! :rofl)
Sorry Darren - that will teach me to look before I leap. I've just noticed that Jenny and Frank have the same flight a couple of weeks later and you've already given the info I need. :roll:
Thanks guys. You were all right it had to be paid in full, but I got flight only - 17 days - Heathrow - Vancouver - 2 Adults - 2 Children for £1600 so I'm happy....
Hi Darren, Sorry to be a pain but I've just checked in on line for my flight to Tunis tomorrow (BA 2886) and have been allocated seat 19F. I know it is a window seat and not far from the loos but can you reassure me that it's not over the wings? I can't see what plane I'm flying on so can't check this out myself. It's not a major problem but it would be nice if it wasn't. :roll:
aslemma,

Row 19 is towards the rear of the aircraft so well behind the wing :tup You're flying on a Boeing 737-300, registration G-LGTE/F/G.

Have a great time,

Darren
Darren - very remiss of me - apologies and my belated thanks for your info. Poor excuse I know, but I have been chaotically busy!! :oops: Jenny x
Hi,
We are flying tomorrow evening from Heathrow to Dubai on flight BA 109 (world traveller plus)and we went to check-in on line as soon as we were able to. I have just gone on to the site and according to it, the only 2 seats available are 22E and 23F, which means we are not together. It is an overnight flight and I find it very difficult to sleep and usually try to lean against my husband, so us not being next to each other is not good. I wondered if i should maybe leave it and just check-in at the airport tomorrow as i wondered if maybe the airline gets a certain number of seats for on-line check-in and some put aside for passengers chacking in at the airport? or do you think 22E and 23F are the last 2 seats available? Would it make any difference do you think, if we checked in at the airport or are we likely to get the same seats as we would have got if we checked in on-line?
Hopefully someone could answer this soon as i need to decide whether or not to just go ahead and check-in online now?
Thanks. I look forward to your help.
British Airways unvail a new inflight entertainment system (IFE) for aircraft, more here.

Darren
I am travelling on BA174 JFK-LHR on the 23rd December and wondered which flight opperates the outbound flight from the UK? I suspect it is the BA0177(LHR-JFK)

I just wanted a heads up on any delay...

Thanks
Jimbob,

You are correct, BA177 is the outbound flight that goes on to operate BA174.

Darren
BA confirms merger talks with Qantas

British Airways has issued a statement in response to recent media speculation about a merger with Qantas.

The airline confirmed it is exploring a potential merger with Qantas "via a dual-listed company structure".

"The discussions between British Airways and Iberia are continuing," said the statement.

"There is no guarantee that any transaction will be forthcoming and a further announcement will be made in due course, if appropriate."

The announcement came after the Australian government indicated it might relax the rules on foreign ownership.

Under current Australian law, Qantas must be at least 51% Australian-owned.

Furthermore, any individual foreign airline can only take up to a 25% stake and only 35% may be owned by foreign airlines.

But earlier this week Transport Minister Anthony Albanese proposed that that the rules should be changed so that 49% may be owned by a single foreign airline.

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.