Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We are flying from Gatwick North on Good Friday at 2pm so I guess it will be pretty busy - thanks for the tip about security.
Hi,

Just wondering what aircraft are operating the following:

15 March LHR-EWR (10.25-14.25) the BA185

21 March JFK-LHR (19.25-06.25*) the BA112

Also any idea if they will have the new AVOD IFE? I know it may be too soon to know though...

Many thanks once again,
Rich.
rich1241,

LHR-EWK (BA185) is operated by a Boeing 777-236/ER.
JFK-LHR (BA112) is operated by a Boeing 747-436.

For more information about what to expect in-flight, refer to BA's website. I think the 777's have the newer interior and AVOD on that route, I'm pretty sure the 744's don't.

Darren
Hi everyone Firstly many apologies if this question has already been asked but I can't find reference to it here. I have recently booked 2 economy flights from Manchester to Dubai. Does anyone have any idea how many BA miles I need to upgrade both flights to premium economy one way? I have quite a few miles on my executive card but I'm finding the BA webpage confusing. Also, can I top up miles with cash if I don't have enough. I have done this with Emirates many times but BA seems more confusing.

Many thanks in advance.

Jan
jannyT,

I don't know the exact number, but you'll need a few 10,000's. If you log in to your BA account, you'll be able so find out how many you'll need to upgrade. You can use part cash, part miles.

Darren
Thanks very much Darren. I did have a look when I logged onto my account but couldn't make head nor tail of it. I do have quite a few thousands of miles as I travel a lot on business so it may be a goer. I'll give them a call to check it out. If I don't have enough then I will just have to leave hubby sitting in the back :D Only joking!

Jan
BA shakes up summer schedule

British Airways is dropping flights from Heathrow to Dakar and Kolkata together with Gatwick services to Dublin, Zurich and Geneva this summer.

The Geneva service is suspended for the summer only.

BA is moving daily flights to Atlanta and a twice daily Toulouse service from Gatwick to its Heathrow hub in time for the start of the summer schedule on March 29.

The summer flying schedule also includes resuming flights to Riyadh and Jeddah on May 31.

BA customer director Silla Maizey said: "We are opening up these new routes to Heathrow after moving them from Gatwick and are confident that with the combination of T5 and our fantastic full onboard service and low prices, they will be very popular with customers.

"Business users will find the flights to Toulouse now more convenient than ever and by moving our flights to Atlanta from Heathrow, our customers will have smoother connections and far better access to the rest of our global network."

Fares start at £133 return in Euro Traveller to Toulouse, and £341 return in Club Europe.

Return flights to Atlanta from Heathrow, including all taxes and charges, start at £332.50 return for World Traveller and £1,396.50 return for Club World, if booked before April 7.

Flights to Riyadh, including all taxes and charges, are £394.40 for World Traveller and £1,358.40 for Club World, while Jeddah costs £394.40 in World Traveller and £1,358.40 in Club World.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi all' flying to larnaca on thursday 2/4/09 on a ba flight from heathrow'could someone please tell me what aircraft we may be going on plus what films may be showing on outbound and inbound journey ? Many thanks.
jonesfour,

LHR-LCA-LHR (BA662/3) are operated by a Boeing 767-336/ER. You can view IFE listings on BA's website. It's currently Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa outbound and Twilight inbound (both good, I watched them on my recent flights to/from Mombasa).

Darren
jonesfour,

Your Flights Will Be Operated By A Boeing 767-300

Entertainment Listings Can Be Found HereBy Inputing Your Arrival Airport

Gower

Edit: Darren Just Beat Me To It :D
One week to go now to our flight to Izmir. I can't find it on the IFE list though - do I assume that it's likely we'll get the same films as the Istanbul route? Also, our tickets say that the meal provided will be a 'snack' - can anyone shed any light on what this might be? If it's only going to be a couple of Rich Tea biscuits then I think we'll need to take some food with us!
I haven't taken the Izmir flight but regularly use BA for shorthaul european flights where the snack often depends on the time of day. Mornings and/or evenings it is usually a sandwich (or wrap) with an alcoholic/juice drink and tea or coffee. On afternoon flights I've had a sandwich or sometimes just cake plus drinks.

Judith
Corinne76,

IFE is standard across the short haul fleet so you should have Bolt on the oubound and Inkheart on the inbound.

Darren
:wave: Due to fly BA2039 on 2/5/09 to Orlando and have heard that BA have been updating some of their aircraft with AVOD systems. I have also heard that this aircraft is one being refitted G-VIIP 777-236B 40J/24W/219M back in service 01.05.09 Any clues if this is the aircraft I might be on. Long shot I know but somebody might have a clue (Darren)
Thanks for any info you might have. :tup
sue136,

BA rotate aircraft on a frequent basis so it's impossable to tell this far in advange the specific aircraft you'll be on; only the type. G-VIIP has been used on the BA2039 twice so far this month, along with G-VIIO/T. There's a very good chance you will be on G-VIIP, but it's not for certain.

Darren
Hi, can anyone help with advice about BA Premium Economy flying to Australia. I have read somewhere that all you get for the upgrade is more legroom, a newspaper and smaller cabin area. Is this correct? The price is almost double for this. It's not for me but for my sister, I just don't want her to waste her money if its not worth it. Any advice would be much appreciated.
you have it about right Polly. It is just more legroom ( and I think slightly more width?) But I think that is well worth it on a flight to Australia.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.