General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
in fact i've just spoken to thomas cook this minute and they are waiting on the brochure being available any day now
typical . The day I go on holiday . I wont be able to relax now :sulk .I shall be laying on my sunbed dreaming of those new glossy pages and worrying about missing out on a bargain .
hey lynwestie you can always stay here and i will go in your place so you can have a look for bargains lol i have 14 weeks to wait :)
:rofl :rofl

I will just have to throw a few euros at the hotel computer . Oh no how sad am I
Anybody know when the Thomson / Portland cruise brochures are out for summer 2010 ? When I went into the Thomson shop they said that due to the credit crunch and downturn in bookings the launch would be delayed until ?July? Surely not :que
i have also seen leaflets for first choice, they can take 2010 booking in the shops from 23 april...
hbrac, i phoned thomas cook because i'd been told that due to the credit crunch they wouldn't be releasing the brochures until july/august either, i was advised by TC customer service that this is lies as they are obliged to be accepting bookings 12 months in advance, and this requires them to release new holidays in April...panic not :tup
You can view Thomas Cook brochures on their brochure website. They are slowly starting to become available, for example the Tropical Shores May-October 2010 (preview) is now online.

Darren
thanks darren!!

ooh its exciting and i'm not going til june 2010 haha!
arghhhhh why can't people make their minds up!! i was assured the other day someone would phone me at 9am today regarding booking my june 2010 holiday, which, as per previous posts, was in the brochure which is due out this week...WRONG!!! I phoned TC because i hadn't heard from them as promised and was advised by the lady i spoke to that the brochure isn't due out until JULY!!!! Even though i've spoken to someone who said 10th April and someone else who said any day now!! Direct Holidays aren't bringing their brochure out until July either!

Not happy!!
TC group brochures are being put back to July/August. There was a news item in February in which Manny Fontenla-Novoa (CEO of TCG) explained the reasons.

It also stated that Thomson and Cosmos may follow suit.
Which means that I will have to cancel my holiday and lose all the full deposits (x5) as I can't transfer it to summer 2010 as no brochures will be available to book :yikes
My daughter has come up with a plan B. Amend once and then amend again when the summer brochure 2010 comes out. Does anyone know what the amendment charge is per person ? I want to work out the difference I will save /lose by doing this instead of cancelling completely.
At least £25 per person - could work out very expensive!
You could still book them at a travel agents, if you know where you want to go and which hotel/apartment you want? They will be on the TA's computer. I know thats right cos I've just booked for Sept 10 for a holiday with TC. Got a good deal too!

Denny
first choice have also told me that the 2010 holidays will now not be out until the end of june, beginning of july.......its to do with the unstable euro......

but she did say long haul and usa would be out in april....
Just to add confusion - the word from Thomson shops is that their holidays are out from the 23rd April

Who knows ?!

:think
Keep a look out on the Thomson Brochure website; some are already available up to April 2010 and you can normally download them before you've had chance to get to a travel agents! (and kinder to the planet :tup )

Darren
I went into the First Choice and Thomas Cook shops near me yesterday and the shelves in both were nearly empty. Both places told me that they were getting in 2010 brochures next week.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.