General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Seems to be getting earlier every year. I think around April 09.

Kath x
I thought I was bad ------ glad to know I am not alone when I am planning 2010!!

:cheers
Hi, yes i've been thinking that next year I shall book as soon as they go on sale for 2010! Hesitated a bit this year for 2009 and although we still got a good price (as the prices seemed to go sky high after we booked) next time I want to get in there first!

Plan to read all the reviews so I know exactly where we want to book when they go on sale.

:sun2
That's exactly where I'm at ---- researching all the hotels and places to go to to make sure I get a good 'un --- and a company that doesn't go bump in between!

Happy hunting!

:sun2
im waiting for 2010 holidays to go on sale as its our silver wedding anniversary and we want to go some where special as soon as they are i will be off to the travel agent
Think they'll be out online soon. I booked in November last time for a winter break the following season. Thomas Cook have already released their brochures for Cuba and Tropical Shores, although you can't book anything yet.

http://thomascook.inbro.net/main
CHRISDAVIES wrote:
Think they'll be out online soon. I booked in November last time for a winter break the following season
The brochures for Winter 2009/2010 (up to end of April 2010) will be out at the beginning of November this year. However, if it's Summer 2010 you're after (May 2010 onwards), you won't be able to book for that until April/May 2009. (Some long-haul/tropical destinations may be bookable a little earlier.)
Another early bird!! I am an early bird always on the look out for a bargain. We are booked untill Oct 09 and have been since May this year. I have watched the prices rise and rise since we booked.

Summer 2110 will be released early May approx. Remember to compare online prices of tour operaters first as they do tend to be cheaper and the travel agents have always matched for me (although now I just bbok online mostly)
Wow. Can't believe there are other folks waiting for the 2010 brochures. My husband think's I'm mad but you have to plan - don't you, and save up too. I've got my eye on the Couples Swept Away at Jamaica.
yep, I want to book as soon as for 2010 as its our 10th wedding anniversary, best friends hubbies 50th, cousins 40th , so we all want to go to mexico, me and hubby renewing our wedding vows and our daughter can't wait to be bridesmaid !!! so we want to research and save like mad !!!
We have booked our 2010 Cruise holiday for April 2010 a couple of weeks ago so some brochures are outnow :tup
Hubby and I are looking to book somewhere for October 2009 for the same reason Juby :)
(Our wedding anniversary but it'll be our 25th! :love Can't believe it! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun! ;) )
The brochures for Summer 2010 will be sometime next year (around April?) but Winter 09/10 will be out soon.
I've forgotten what it's like to book a holiday through brochures - have gone DIY for the past 10 years (except for 1 year)

We'll probably end up doing the same again - will just have to wait for the flights.
Anyone got any idea when they'll be out please?
I meant online actually - keep watching Thomas Cook and First Choice - they're usually the first. With flights, the cheaper airlines usually come out 11 months before the date of departure, but TC and Thomson etc., might be out earlier.
Ooooh not long to wait then - thanks Chris! :tup
thomsons have got brochures out up to january 2010 for long haul
Thanks - I haven't seen those yet. Thomas Cook have Cuba and Tropical Shores out, but you can't book yet. See this link.
http://thomascook.inbro.net/main
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.