Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Bus or Taxi
12 Posts
Although it obviously takes a bit longer, it is quite good to take the bus first time, as the information can be quite useful and interesting for a first timer.

It is also breaks you in gently, as some of the airport taxi's are lunatics, trying to drop you off and get back for another fare before the airport empties !!!
Hi Rog, firstly we always stay at the MD and I am sure you will love the hotel. On our first visit to Goa we got the bus to the hotel. The rep will tell you a bit about the area/people/hotel whilst on your journey and he/she will tell you you when the welcome meeting is (usually next day). I dont go to the welcome meetings anymore, but for a first time I think its worthwhile. While youre on the bus it will let you have a look about and the rep will mention points of interest.
So for me, and if it was my first time, like Mazzy says, I would go on the bus. However on the return journey at the end of your holiday (sorry to mention that bit!!!) I would get a taxi. It means you will arrive at the airport before all the buses and get checked in quicker. I use the same taxi driver, he is a ver safe driver and doesnt rip you off. Let me know if you would like me to contact him for you. I am sure he would be glad to drive you about in Goa and/or get you back to Dabolim Airport. PM me if you need any more info.
Gemma

How much does your taxi driver charge from/to Dabolim airport?
He took 700 rupees from us. He doesnt take any extra for during the night journeys. Trips within resort eg. Baga-Candolim he is ok as well. He is very reliable and never lets you down.
Rog - got your PM, popping out for a bit will PM you back soon :)
Gemma, can you give me a contact No. for your taxi man. I will get bus from airport to Candolim as it's 1st time, but would be useful to have someone to rely on for the week.

Regards, Julian
Thats what i'm going to do this time is catch the bus to the hotel and use our taxi guy to take us back to the airport like gemma said.
Julian ive sent you a PM.
Sleep do you have the number of a reliable taxi driver in the Candolim area that Julian could use. The driver we have is based mostly in the Arpora area.
Gemma the taxi driver we used comes from calangute/baga.Have'nt used candolim taxi drivers for a couple of years.Dont ask why :rofl
If julian wants his Ph No he's more than welcome to pm me.
Thanks for your PM Gemma, and thanks for the offer sleep, i will be brave and confront the taxis outside my hotel :yikes Now i have a better understanding of prices, i'm sure i won't get stung!

Only 9 days to go :tongue

J.
Hi, id say as it is your first visit get the coach, then maybe you could get a taxi on the way back to the airport.

Only downside of getting the coach to your hotel is it will take you a bit longer as the coach will have to drop off other guests as various hotels near yours.
But if you get a taxi straight to the hotel you get to have first choice of rooms, thats if no one else is staying in your hotel that would have been on your coach.
Hi
Weve just come back (stayed in the MD) we got the bus and it only dropped off at the blue beach (on the way anyway) we also got the bus back and we were all seated together (despite not paying for it,7 of us) unlike some who got taxis (to have a bit longer in bed) and their parties were split up, if you get a cab go earlier not later than the bus.

Debi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.