Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Prices at dalaman will be about £10-12 for 200 - there are about 3 shops in arrivals - just out by the baggage carosels b4 you go outside.

Sometimes can work out cheaper in the UK - not often have bought 1000 B&H for £50 - But if your only buying 200-400 get them at dlm

Cheers

LA
hi leighanne

thanks for info. i didn't realise that there were any shops in arrivals. This will only be our second time to dalaman and it was about 4am when we arrived last time :shock: Can't wait till august. Icmeler here we come!!!!

peacelili
English cigs are hard to get in marmaris. The local ones are ok and the cheapest are 1.75 for 20. DON'T buy english tobacco in Marmaris. Its mostly fake and the packaging is so good as to not spot the difference. Best buy at Dalaman airport.
agree with chelseaboy on the tobacco - hubby bought some golden virginia in marmaris last year "genuine stuff honest guvnor"!!!!

smelt better than chanel no 5!!!!

tracey
:wave
Iwas told by a shopkeeper in Olu last year that they dont sell English cigarettes found the turkish ones in the red packet just as good as JPS
i totally agree with you about buying "genuine" english cigarettes. When we ran out last year, i bought marllborough lights menthol. They were fine. Hubby smoked some called Viceroy. He said they were ok too. You can buy them in most of the little shops.

I just didn't realise that there were shops in arrivals at the airport. I know where to get them now.... thanks

peacelili
hiya peacelili,

while on our way home from marmarus last october, i was afraid to buy lambert and butler from the duty free as the packets just said l an b not lambert and butler in full i bought some at my local airport on the way out 1,000 for 50 odd quid, happy holidays,

wgipk
I have learnt the hard and expensive way to purchase cigs from duty free in the UK, 1000 B & H about £70, I always get 2000 on way out and bring them back with me. I have tried the cigs from the resort and from Dalaman airport, didn't like any, they are just not the same as in the UK and I ended up giving hundreds away :( to friends.

chazy :D
Got our cigs at Dalaman on the way to Icemeler but they would only let us have 400 each
Whatever you do, if you are a smoker, buy whatever you think you might need for your time in Turkey at Dalaman airport. General prices range from £10-£12 per 200 depending on brand. You can get Marlboro and Marlboro lights really easily in resorts, but anything else (i.e.B&H, Lambert & Butler etc.) are pretty much impossible to get in resort, and even if you do, they are often "fakes". You can get whatever you need when you arrive, as there are 3 shops (I think) when you arrive, and loads more when you depart from Dalaman. Little note though, when you fly back, make sure that you have all of the food and drinks that you might need with you in your hand luggage, because the cost of food and drink at Dalaman airport is soooooooooo expensive. Last time: £6.00 for a McDonalds Value meal.
Enjoy.........
Wittster.
Tell me about it.... my hubby's a little on the deaf side. He went to get us some coffee and came back with two coffees, two slices of apple pie and his wallet was £10 lighter :shock:

I'm well aware of all the fake cigarettes and tobacco, so I'm really pleased that we are able to buy them on arrival at Dalaman.

peacelili
Has anyone seen Silk Cut Silver (or Ultra) in Dalaman airport, as that is all we smoke, or would it be best to get some at Glasgow and on plane, do not want to run out as it would ruin our holidays
Am I to take it that if I run out that the malboros are OK
Also how many can I buy on the way in at Dalaman
Hi a freind of mine is going to Marmaris in September and it is their first time in Turkey, they have asked us if you can get tobacco and papers for rolling out there. We have only been to gumbet once and we shall be going to Ovacik in August so I haven't been able to help her. Your site has been very helpful to me so I hope someone can help us out. Thanks
Hi...

I ran out of ciggies last year and I smoked Marlborough menthol which you can buy from any little shop in Marmaris. I'm not sure if Turkish cigarettes are abit stronger, but I tried ordinary menthol and also the lights and I found the lights better.

I've only just found out that I can buy them on arrival at Dalaman. I'm not sure how many you can buy. Barry (further up the page) said that they were allowed to buy 400 each.

peacelili
You can buy as many as you want on arrival at dalaman - Its getting back out on the homeward trip that you need to be worried - Non EU limits apply - 200 per person :cry:
Hi we are going to Belek on sunday, do you think we should buy at gatwick on the way out or wait to get to antalaya airport? which would be the best place, thanks, we would normally smoke B&H or embassy or lambert and butler.
Can anyone tell me if a child has a duty free allowance aswell as the adults Holidaying with mother in law and young son she smokes so I said she can have my allowance of 200 on return but wondered if she can have a further 200 as my sons allowance?
If I remember rightly duty free for cigarettes is 16yrs old.souix. :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.