Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
cabin sizes?
7 Posts
I don't think there are any cheap inside cabins that accomodate 3 without bunks.

NCL do use rollaways but the cheap 3/4 berth cabins are only 3 beds wide so no floor space once setup.

If you go upto balcony cabins on NCL they have sofa beds and 3pax rates are very cheap.
Royal Caribbean has cabins that fit 3- but the third bed will be one that pulls down from the ceiling. the beds are very comfortable though- the only time we have had a sofa bed for the third, was when we were in a balcony room. There are different grades of inside rooms, but the difference in size is negligible. Cruise ship cabins are not like big hotel rooms, there is enough space to walk around or between beds, and not much more, a dressing table, a closet and a bathroom. If you only plan to sleep and shower there then it doesn't matter too much.
Celebrity and NCL also do the ceiling pull-down (designed for adults) which has the benefit of being put up again by the room steward each morning. Are you sure though that the 20 year-old wants to share?
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYS. hAMRAG, NO SHE ISNT KEEN ON SHARING, SO I THINK ITS BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD TO HAVE A LOOK AT SINGLE CABINS. :wave:
You will probably find it cheaper to share in a bigger cabin that to get two cheap cabins with 3 people.

Single cabins are rare and mostly available on ships she probably would prefer not to be on anyway.

Some ships have family cabins with seperate sleeping areas which might work if the price is right.

This year in Nov NCL had 2 bedroom cabins for around £600pp but this sort of price is very rare.

Prices change a lot throughout the year
What sort of dates do you have in mind?
P&O Azura has single cabins - good luck securing one. Superior balcony cabins on Ventura and Azura have a sofa bed.

It all boils down to what your budget is.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.