Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi all

Do they have table tennis at Camping La Siesta?

Thanks

Sarah
Hi we have just booked to go to La Siesta with Canvas Holidays. Staying in a Festival Midi mobile. Looks like these mobiles are quite small but hey, as long as I can sit outside it on a sunlounger Ill be happy.

Ive also read that the emplacements for the mobile homes at La Siesta are quite small ... can anyone confirm whether each mobile has its own little bit of hedging/fencing around for a bit of privacy or whether they are all out in the open?

Looking forward to it anyway - if the sun is shining then we will be fine!

T
Abbaye, no hedging but enough room for recliners and table/chairs. Nice location on site.......enjoy
Hello, I'm a newbie on here & would like to ask a few questions of all you guys that have visited La Siesta & the nearby areas. We have decided last minute to celebrate my 40th birthday next week by camping in Costa Brava, so not only hoping to make the most of the sunny weather but also find some nice things to do & see to make it special.

We're staying in a Key Camp supertent next week for 8 nights - does anyone know where on site the keycamp tents are?

We're hiring a car so up for visiting nice beaches & local villages - any suggestion for pretty places to go that are off the tourist path?

I have read that the bakery & shop on site are good, but what about were your favourite bakeries/shops in walking distance & is there a good supermarket in driving distance?

Are barbeques allowed on the La Siesta site?

Where is a good place to pick up fresh fish & meat?

What is the walk like from the camp site down to Calella? I have three kids & some mobility problems myself, so just wondered what we were in for. If it's pretty enough to take my mind off the walk & without too much traffic, I'll be ok.

Where is good for typical Spanish nighttime drinking, eating, watching the world go by (with children in tow)?

We get in late to Gerona (21.40) so we're hoping to be on site before the gates shut at midnight - if not, how far is it into the site (if you guys know where the keycamp tents are) & is there a night porter with a buggy, if we want to take things in with us that night?

Does anyone know a site where I can find details (dates/addressess) of the festivals etc on this time of year - We're hoping to see some of the firework dispkays, processions & have heard of a women of the water thing for St Joan?

We're all very excited & have been watching the webcams constantly & following the weather reports - but as we're used to camping in Norfolk etc, I'm sure this will be an improvement.

Looking forward to hearing back from you all.

Take care, Lolly
Hi mamyofmany and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with an existing topic which should have some information.

You can also use the Search facility at the top of the page to find further topics on Siesta.

luci :wave
Hi guys I have another silly question about La Siesta - we have booked a Festival Midi mobile from Canvas holidays - anyone had any experience of what time you have to leave on your last day and what about cleaning it - presumably you need to do it yourself - do they come and inspect at a ridiculously early hour of of the monring?

Thanks.
Abbaye

Assuming they are no different from the other companies i've been with, they usually pop round to check sometime between 9 and 10, usually closer to 9 but they end up being late!!!!

Best to ask on your arrival, oh, and a tip ... defrost the freezer part of the fridge the night before, saves a lot of hassle on the day, and you can then still use the fridge up to the last minute to keep snacks in :tup
Ok, mamyofmany, i'll try and give you some answers :)
We're staying in a Key Camp supertent next week for 8 nights - does anyone know where on site the keycamp tents are?

Had a look on the Keycamp website, but it's one of the few that doesn't show the location of their pitches!! It's not a large site though, so you shouldn't be too far away from the main amenities :)
We're hiring a car so up for visiting nice beaches & local villages - any suggestion for pretty places to go that are off the tourist path?

We didn't have a car but walked everywhere. To the north there was a nice place with beach called Tamariu, and to the south there is a botannical gardens, plus a very nice beach (which was empty) called Platja de Castell. Also, take a drive up (a lot easier than walking) to the lighthouse just up from Llafranc at San Sebastia, it's worth it for the view (see below!) I guess having the car means you can also go around all the nearby tourist resorts, would make a good few days out i guess :)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1173/1469942826_e4e097528e.jpg?v=0

I have read that the bakery & shop on site are good, but what about were your favourite bakeries/shops in walking distance & is there a good supermarket in driving distance?

The site shops are fine, to be honest there really isn't a great deal of shops local to the campsite, can't recall seeing a major supermarket, but then i didn't have a car! :duh Probably a drive back towards the town of Palafrugell will be productive

Are barbeques allowed on the La Siesta site?

Yep, every Interbrava caravan had one when i was there last year, but they were gas barbecues. Not that i used mine, that will become apparent why in my next answer

Where is a good place to pick up fresh fish & meat?

Veggie!!!! Wrong man to ask :rofl

What is the walk like from the camp site down to Calella? I have three kids & some mobility problems myself, so just wondered what we were in for. If it's pretty enough to take my mind off the walk & without too much traffic, I'll be ok.

It's really not that far, about 10mins from the bottom entrance to the site, and the roads aren't really that busy. Quite a steep walk back up though

Where is good for typical Spanish nighttime drinking, eating, watching the world go by (with children in tow)?

With my diet i don't trust eating in foreign restaurants, but there are plenty of nice looking places down at Calella itself, i'm sure one of them will suffice. There is also a Chinese buffet place right next to the site if that is of interest

We get in late to Gerona (21.40) so we're hoping to be on site before the gates shut at midnight - if not, how far is it into the site (if you guys know where the keycamp tents are) & is there a night porter with a buggy, if we want to take things in with us that night?

Don't know about a porter (doubt there would be though!) but like i said earlier, it's a small site. If you are worried i suggest an email to Keycamp as they should be able to give you a more accurate location of your accom

Does anyone know a site where I can find details (dates/addressess) of the festivals etc on this time of year - We're hoping to see some of the firework dispkays, processions & have heard of a women of the water thing for St Joan?

Haven't checked this, but it is the official tourist site for Girona

http://en.costabrava.org/main/home.aspx

Anyway, hope that helps a bit, have some more pics of the area if it takes your fancy
hi there - anyone know the directions or if they are online somewhere for getting from Ggirona airport to La Siesta. We're flying this evening, getting in at 21.40, so want to get there in good time before gates shut. Also, need to pick up water, etc on way, will there be a small shop on way?

Can't wait to go, just that last minute crazy packing now :)
Thanks, Lolly
Thanks Cidermonster for taking the time with all yoru replies! I have seen soem of your photos on flikr & they really do make the place look wonderful, we can not wait!

x
Thanks Cidermonster for taking the time with all yoru replies! I have seen soem of your photos on flikr & they really do make the place look wonderful, we can not wait!

Thanks lolly

Even the photos can't do this place justice, it's absolutely stunning. You will love it :) :tup

Another note about the site for anyone interested, i see from reading a Siesta brochure that they seem to have new mobiles right next to the pool for 2009 where interbrava used to have theirs (and where we stayed last year)

Can't believe Interbrava were daft enough to leave this site! :duh :que
Hi does anyone know where the Canvas Holiday mobile homes are situated at La Siesta? I really should have ready this forum a bit better .... Siesta International Holidays seem to be a lot cheaper for accommodation only than Canvas ... on saying that they havent got any availability for this august which Canvas did so couldnt have used them anyway .... theres always next year!

Getting myself very overexcited now and cant wait until August!
Hi Abbaye, Cidermonster and all other faithful Camping La Siesta Fans,

We arrive in La Siesta on 30th June for two weeks and we cannot wait. Since booking with Canvas last September I have been reading all the replies with great interest, and also watching the webcams... it is fantastic to see the beaches getting busier and the temperature getting higher :cheers

I would also love to know where the canvas caravans are on site, but I have also been told that although the site is large you are never very far away from entertainment etc.

The kids are really excited about the clubs, anyone with any info for the children, it would be great to hear from you...

I will keep in touch with the site before we go in 9 days time.. so excited feel like a kiddie myself!!!

Can't wait to give you all the goss when we get back, not that I am wishing my hols away but these sites make interesting reading and a must for anyone going away.

Speak Soon, Take Care
Kaz T :tup
We arrive on 29 June travelling with Siesta for the 1st time and really looking forward to the holiday.

Hopefully Spain will reach the final of Euro 2008 and there will be a party atmosphere to start off our stay :clap
Looks like you got your wish, Spain made it through - Good Luck to Spain when you reach La Siesta.
We arrive on the Monday just in time for all the sore heads hopefully!!!

Enjoy your holiday at La Siesta, we are really excited and the kids are counting down the sleeps!

:cheers
Have a great time Kaz T .... we have to wait until Aug ... its killing me! Did you find out where the Canvas mobiles are on the site?

Abbaye
Hi Abbaye
I have not found out where the canvas caravans are, but I have been told they are well placed!!

I will give you all the info on my return, I assume you are with Canvas also??

I have to say I have been impressed with their service and customer relations so far, the kids have received their bags with baseball cap and t shirt and needless to say all the hundreds of pounds spent on clothes they will have their hoopi's club t shirt on every day!!

Happy holidays when they come, and I will give you all the goss when I get back, but hey don't wish my hols away!

Take care
Kaz :cheers
Yes we are with Canvas and youre right, they have been great. Didnt realise they sent kids goodies too - brilliant. I must say I was not overly excited at first about going to a full-on activity campsite but the more I look into it the more I think it will be great for us (fingers crossed!). Last year we stayed in the Hotel Alga in the town for 8 days and found it just a bit too restricting ...lovely place but 2nd floor balcony had me on my nerves the whole time with a 4 yr old and the room was quite small ... I think the freedom of the mobile home will be great - just hope its not too noisy!

Have a great time and make every second count!

A
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.