Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Excellent coach journey again with Interbrava .... can't fault them one little bit.

In fact, we left the campsite so sharp to come home, that we got a great little break in Orange, and i had an hour to see round the very nice old town :) .... and we were still at the port for the first ferry in the morning

Typical though, we get back into the UK and hit tailbacks on the M25 and M1 after sailing through the french motorways ... instead of widening the M1 they need to build a second motorway alongside it with no junctions until you get past Birmingham, purely for people going north and who wish to avoid the sardine tin that is the south-east ... it's getting beyond a joke!!! :x
Meant to post this before now:

Just for anyone going to CDP La Siesta.

I used the internet machines at the main pool bar ... i noticed that the next again night (by chance the same machine i used) that i was STILL logged in to certain sites!! They obviously don't clear the cache at night, so guys .... always log off as good practice :)
Well, won't be long till Tweetie's home ... hope she is enjoying CDP as much as we did :)
Hey Cidermonster wasnt it nice to sit on the bar terrace in the evening with the water fountain going and all lit up,wish I was back there.
Aye, it was real nice sitting out there .... unlike Castell Montgri, they actually put the fountain on at night (usually around 10pm)

It was so nice sitting out on a nice quiet terrace, minus the usual runaround wee ned children that can sometimes spoil Castell Montgri! :lol:

Ah, i wanna go back!!!!!
Hi CDM and All...sorry so long catching up with you all......my hubby had a bug before we went and I avoided him like the plague...made him sleep on his own even...he had just got over it 2 days before we left...met up with son and girl friend when they joined us at Dover pick up point and girlfriend was on the tail end of a bug as well...not sure who I caught it off but I had a bad cold which went for my chest as well for the second week...Didnt let it ruin my hols but on way home stopped at relatives whose children were all on antibiotics for a bug and the bug I seemed to be getting over on the way home came back worse and wasnt sure if same bug or new on...so with going back to work as well am not yet 100%.
First 4 days I was off all over Parafrugel walking ...soon found the supermarket where I bought a shopping trolley for 10 euros...every morning before It got too hot I was off on a walk with me trolly ...very handy to bring back the big bottles of san migell fruit juices and wine and all the barbie stuff plus the bargains ...as you do...by the time my lot woke up I was back on site having had plenty of exercise to burn off the previous days extra calories and 2 to 3 hours of peaceful time wandering on me own. On the way to lodge I bought the bread batons for diner from the little bakery and the paper if it was in from the little sovenier/ newsagents next door.
The bug I got stopped my little jaunts as I was afraid I might over do things and land up really ill. So I saved myself for doing walks with the family as I did that as well later in the day, and trips down into Callella for a peaceful wander on me own. Good exuse as well to have a lazy morning on the veranda.
There was lots on site for my 13 yr old and his friend, they hired bikes in the morning for 10 euros a day each and if they werent on the bikes they were in the pool. The roads were so quiet I was happy for them to ride the bikes down into Callela and explore with my 21 yr old. When they tired of the bikes they used the tennis courts and the volly ball court and football pitch (the men challenged the boys and they played a few matches) these were free of charge you just had to put a deposit on the rackets ect.
Then they discovered the beach . I bought them all flippers snorkels and masks and they were snorkaling trying to catch fish with thier nets. They are all good swimmers but my sons girlfriend who has life saving qualifications ect went in with them first to check for under currents ect. The water was crystal clear and full of fish and they had a great time. There is a rock that juts out that is good for diving off and also good for fishing off as well. They fished there and also other coves which there were plenty off.
On my sons birthday we went to Playa de Aro up the coast, my son and his girl had been for night out there a few days before to a beer festival which went on all week. Not a big place but good arcades shops ect. We went to the bowling alley there. I was pleasantly surprised by prices. The pool tables were 3 euros for an hour, and it only cost me 5 euros for 6 drinks . Best of all for shoe hire for 6 people and an hour on the game it only cost me 21 euros. Seems there was some kind of offer on. Then we went for a meal in the Piztaria (cant remember how spelt) brilliant all round 7 people had starter main and a huge speciality icecream plus drnks and shots for 178 euros . Taxi from Siesta site for a seven seater was 40 euros going and 52 coming back as late on .
So much worth saying but need go bed so " to be continued ". PS glad you also had a good holiday too CDM. We arrived on the siesta coach about 11.15 am on the car park ...had a quick look around but didnt see you CDM...so busy with my lot and then reps wanting my attention and then we were off that didnt have time to have a real good look for you.
Tweetie!!

Nice to see you back! We left that day around 11:30am, so we must have just missed you! :(

Glad you enjoyed the holiday despite the bugs ... isn't CDP just a wonderful location? Lots of lovely small coves, beaches, and villages to explore, and the La Siesta site is big enough to be good, but still small enough to feel personal :)
We are already thinking of going back again next year!!! :D
Hi CDM...Want to go back myself but think it wont be untill oct 2009...got so much to do next year that not planning any hols as cash and time going to be neded else where...getting the camping gear out of loft next year and planning to do a lot of camping in school summer hols...going to Rhodes for sons wedding summer 09 and were planning for us all to go back to CDP later in that year.
I dont think Siesta do any last minute deals for CDP...or I would be looking for a bargain next year...they do deals where they choose resort and they are really cheap but I only fancy CDP...I think siesta are the only one that we can manage to get to a pick up point from our neck of the woods and the transfer from girona by taxi would be expensive...the siesta deals are only for coaching as well I think.
What's your local departure point, Tweets?
Hi CDM...we go manchester airport can use lpool but dont trust parking there...no north wales pick ups and taxis are expensive
Interbrava pick up just outside liverpool ... you should check out their offers when the new brochure comes out :)
Hello there, really glad I came across this site, as really helpful and have just about decided to book at Camping La Siesta in CDP. Has anyone booked through Lifestyle Holidays before? If so, can you tell me if the mobile homes are as nice as they look on the website? Also, do they come with TVs as this doesn't seem to be clear on the website? Not that I plan spending much time watching TV! Am planning on going 31 May to 12 June. I just wondered whether there will be any night-time entertainment at this time of year or does that not start til July?

Planning on flying with Ryanair to Gerona, but haven't yet decided on mode of transport once we land (at around 9.30am). I have been on the SARBUS (or might have been SARFA - can't remember which now) and there is a bus from Gerona to Palafrugell, and then a bus from Palafrugell to CDP. Haven't yet managed to find out about bus from Gerona Airport to Gerona centre. Perhaps, someone can advise? The other option, of course, would be to hire a car - looked at quotes for Carjet, which seem pretty reasonable, but have never driven abroad so slightly wary when travelling with 3 children in the car (age 12, 9 and 2). Can someone tell me what the journey is like for a first-timer from Gerona airport to CDP, please?

Also, how long does it take to walk from CDP (or from site) to Llafranc as the beach there looks nicer. Is Llafranc beach safer than CDP? Is the water shallower? And is the beach sandier, ie, good for sandcastles / digging little pools for my toddler?

Really looking forward to your replies. Make it quick, please, as want to get booked up. Seem to have been researching this holiday for ages, as like to get it right for the children. Had been looking at flying to Barcelona to go to Playa Bara, but the flights don't get in til 2230 from East Midlands Airport. Anyone flown before to go to Playa Bara from East Midlands area - any tips?

Thanks, Sarah
I can't even remember where the lifestyle accom is, ye know!! :D

You will love the site, and the general area. Should take around 15mins to get to Llafranc from the site, can't vouch for the sea at Port Bo or Llafranc, the only place i took a dip was in Tamariu (off a shaky diving board) but the shelf is steeper in these areas i'm afraid (nothing like Estartit where it is gentle)

Entertainment should be ok by that time, we were late September and there was still some entertainment on, so it should be livening up by that time! We were only there for a week, but we loved it, and if Interbrava were still doing coach tours i'd be going back again this year (sorry Interbrava, i'll keep my money in the UK now!!) Got around the area quite a bit in that week though, so if you have any questions i'm happy to help

Here are some nice pics of the area too, on my Flickr site - some real crackers from the lighthouse area
Hi Sarah,

We went to La Siesta last May/June, same time of year as you. I always go to this part of Spain at the same time of year.
We stayed in the campsites on accommodation which was fantastically located right next to the pool.

We always hire a car but my OH does all the driving. The roads seem quiet and well-signposted though.

I've recommended CDP to my parents this year and they've booked a mobile with Lifestyle for the end of June. I then cheekily checked out the Ryanair flights and have booked to come with them, leaving my chaotic family behind.

I'm taking the kids back to Cyspsela for May half term, another of my favourite sites. OH isn't going so I'll be looking for a transfer from Gerona, not confident enough to drive. Any advice welcome. The campsite estimate about 160 euros for a return taxi fare.

Anyway, you'll have a lovely time Sarah as you'll realise from the great reviews on here. I actually posted from La Siesta last May, should be on here somewhere!

Jude.
Thanks for replies. Liked the photos cidermonster. What's the name of the larger looking beach in your photos? Whereabouts is it in relation to CDP?
Boobyjood, can you tell me what you thought about the beaches in the area and which would be the best for my toddler or for swimming my older boys (9 and 12)? Will let you know bit more about buses when I've looked into it more. Cheers!

Sarah
It's probably Llafranc, but tell me the pic description and i'll check for sure! :)
Llafranc beach is the largest within walking distance, CDP has 3 smaller beaches. They are all lovely and easily accessible. My boys loved the rocky areas between Llafranc and CDP as they're not great lovers of sand. I love the smaller beaches myself but there are better facilities at LLafranc.

Jude
I'm assuming it's this beach, Sarah?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1177/1469940768_7c3c14e3ab.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1126/1469080483_9ca1b3eec6.jpg?v=0

That first pic of Llafranc beach was taken from the San Sebastia lighthouse .. if you are feeling fit, it's well worth the walk

Damn i wish i was going back here!! :D
hello

I appear to have missed something!!!

I know that Inter brave have stopped their coach operation , but have they also stopped renting out mobile homes at La siesta. If so, does anybody know who has taken over their homes that were on site

Many Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.