Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi folks.

We are booked in with Siesta Holidays in one of their "Executive 4 Lodge" ... It lists that a DVD/CD player is available. Can anyone confirm if there is a DVD player as i dont want to take some DVD's in luggage if there isnt. Also can anyone confirm what english channels are available on the satellite tv ??

Many Thanks
Not long to go now ... can't wait! :lol:
Yes there is a DVD player in the exec 4 lodges. Also plenty of DVDS available to rent from siesta holidays reception.
Pity the Interbrava ones don't have that, but i take my portable one anyway .. much nicer sitting outside watching it! :lol:

If you don't like the telly channels, you can usually retune them if you know where the bunker is .... whoops, i didn't say that!!! (Put it this way, when it conked out in May at Castell Montgri, BBC london was replaced by BBC Scotland ;) )
What english channels can be recieved on the satellite TV ?? ... Do i need to worry about taking DVD's at all .... (I'm hoping will not require too much TV & weather will still be nice in the evening but probably pushing my luck in October)
Can't vouch for Siesta, but Interbrava usually have ITV1, BBC1, and Sky News

Best maybe to drop an email to Siesta and they might be able to help ... although im sure someone on here will know :)
For anybody elase who would like to know for the future .. i've just had the following response from Siesta ref satellite TV Channels

"I have checked with our resort representatives and they advise me that the English speaking channels which are currently received via satellite in Calella de Palafrugell are BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, ITV 1, ITV 2, CBB, Sky News and a music channel."
Can anyone tell me how local the nearest cash mahine to La Siesta is ??
If my memory is correct, there is a cash machine by the on site supermarket

Other than that a trip into town I fear
oooh onsite would be good :D
We had a great time at La Siesta in july. great site. Having been to alot of sites in the south of france it was with a lot of trepidation that we finally booked a site in spian. would definately go back. very relaxing, very good vibe about the place. siesta staff were excellent, very helpful and always about. Nothing too much trouble for them. What made it for us was the nearby coast at calella and llfranc, very relaxing walk between the two with great scenery and good restaurants at both. Very spanish, no brits abroad or dog and duck pub.
Prices on site are very cheap and unusually for us only went to the supermarket once as the on site shop and bakery were great and very reasonably priced. would recommend it for anyone wanting a relaxing holiday on site that is not too big and busy
Writing this in the pub onsite half-drunk, so pardon any spelling mistakes!!

La siesta is excellent, the area is superb, and the scenery and walks are absolutely fantastic!!

Highly recommended is all i can say
Cider monster,Just out of interest for poss future trips, how much of the site is open at this time of year ie bars pools, shops etc and when does it close for the season. How busy is the site itself. Likewise with llfranc and callella de palafrugel are all the bars and restaurants still open Thanks
I am due to leave for Callella de Palafrugell tomorrow (this looks easy enough to find) flying into Girona Airprt then hire car to transfer. is Camping La Siesta signposted once in Callella de Palafrugell ????
Cant remember if it was signposted,but you drive through Palafrugel and turn left,come to a roundabout with a Superstop supermarket on it,go round it to the right onto a duel carraigeway drive for a couple of minutes and its on your right,there is also a little lane that runs along the carraigeway that will take you to it also,goodluck,have a great holiday.
Absolutly loved this campsite,would love to go back,but our children are grown up now so we holiday on our own,cheaper for us to fly on packages now,we used to share the driving,well maybe not share!!my husband would do 4 hrs and I would do 2hrs at a time,French motorways are much more quieter and pleasurable to drive on than ours.The drive down was part of the holiday,plenty of picnic and service areas about every 10 miles.Used to have 1 overnight stop at one of the motels,couldnt fault them,and then to have the added bonus of a car while your there is great.We have been to a couple of campsites on the costabrava and this one has to be the best,maybe now that our children are starting their families they may suggest us all going back there,because they also loved it,Im living in hope !!.
Back today ... will do a proper review tomorrow, but i loved the place :)
Ok ....

Really enjoyed our week at CDP

As someone who is used to Castell Montgri, the La Siesta site is a lot smaller, but probably more friendly and relaxed. Campsite has more of an international feel to it, and to me that's also a good thing (Castell Montgri can start to feel like Blackpool in the sun by the start of June!!!)

Facilities are good, only the main complex was open, but the pool is nice (if freezing!) and the bar and takeaway are all good enough .... in fact my only gripe about the campsite actually relates to the bar area with the tent over it .... this area was 'sealed up' during our week there, with sliding doors, etc, but for some bizarre reason, once sealed up, it's STILL a smoking area!!!!! .. but i've moaned about Spain's pathetic smoking law before, so no point going on about it again!! :shock:

the local area is so nice too (might be a bit hilly for some folk) - All the bars and restaurants at Port Bo were still open for business, and the area was so beautiful to walk through ... you don't get views like this in Estartit!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1003/1469277249_8917660f63_m.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1351/1470051548_35d31f2c15_m.jpg

We also had some great walks, north towards Llafranc, up to the San Sebastia lighthouse, and then onto Cala Pedrosa and Tamariu (good diving board on the rocks) We also went south round the Cami di Ronda path, up to the botanical gardens, and then back down and round the coast towards Platja Castell. Both of these walks were around 4-5hrs long (if not longer) but if anyone fancies them, i'd be happy to advise

All in all, i think we may well return here next year :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.