Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi CD M....me too . At la siesta in Salou the main site office at the gates has safety deposit boxes, and not only deals with bookings for site ect but changes travelers cheques and changes them into euro's. I have always been happy with the echange rates off them. They have been as good as in the town and no commission.. I wondered if Callela DP is the same set up
Well, unlike in Castell Montgri where i can advise on practically anything, i'm afraid i'm a CDP virgin!! :shock:

Hopefully one of the regulars will be along soon to bail us out!! :lol:
If it's any help we changed the travellers cheques on the campsite and found the rates fine, we also used the safes which were not to expensive
Thanks Rosie .... i think it will be cheques as usual for me :)
Another one ....

Is there a decent supermarket(s) nearby (i'm always used to having Lidl nearby whilst at Castell Montgri)

Is the site supermarket ok?
Hi there

The nearest supermarket is in Palafrugell, a good 20 min walk away, or 5 min drive. There is a Carrefour and also a Lidl.

Hope this helps
Meant to add, the site supermarket is fine and the site bakery is wonderful!
glad to hear it!

Nothing beats a good onsite bakery, yum! :)
What are the nearby beaches like?

Estartit is great for kids, but since i dont have any and i like a swim, i always feel i have to walk half a mile to get a swim in Estartit as it's such shallow slope out!! :lol:
Llanfranc is nice......bit of a hike doing the coastal walk....but nice :D
Are there many more locations to go north of Llafranc?

I've seen a few more beaches ... i'm not too worried about the hike, walked to the castle at Montgri a few times, and that's a 15km walk in the sun, up and down a few hills :)
not sure, Llanfranc is a decent beach, the rest are rocky coves. I get told off if I want to walk too much
Tamariu looks ok ...

Google Maps

Probably around 3-4km as the crow flies from the camp site, not sure how accessible it will be by the coastal route though ... however, i do know that the GR92 path runs all the way from Gibraltar to the French border, and i've walked a bit of it past Estartit and Torella de Montgri, and i'm pretty sure the coastal path here in Palafrugell is part of that same route :)
Hello Cidermonster,
If you want a decent walk, then go to Tamarui. If you walk up to the lighthouse past La Franc there is a coastal route to Tamarui. It was a good and pleasant walk although we got a taxi back to the campsite. (One wife, three girls - no chance of a return journey)The walk into Palafrugell is good to stretch the legs and it is nice to sit in the square on marketday (Sunday). You can also walk along the coastal footpath to La Golfet although the path was blocked due to a landslide in 2005. There are plenty of small coves waiting to be discovered in the area. When we first went to Callela de Palafrugell we discovered a great place (for us) for snorkellng. I have always had a good time on the campsite. The supermarket and bakery are very reasonably priced and not a rip off. Again I was last there in 2005 but had a great time. If I can be of assistance in any way give me a shout. The beaches do slope quickly into the sea but I'm sure you will be able to cope. Enjoy !
The supermarket onsite is fine, and the bakery is lovely for fresh bread in the mornings
Thank guys ..... think i'm really looking forward to seeing the whole area, it sounds cracking :)
hi, could anyone tell me if the pub is open again outside calella de p's gates? it used to be a pub anyway. thanks
Baby 33,
The pub that used to be situated at the bottom of the road from La Siesta is now a Chinese Restauarant and by reading the reviews is quite good.
:D thanks..might try it this year
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.