Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
7 weeks to go, can't wait, just need to lose a stone :yikes
7 weeks as yesterday for me as well and yes I also need to lose that stone!!
A place i just have to go back to. It's one of my definites for next year if i'm driving over

anyone ever stayed in the apartments?
Hi, will be arriving on site at about 9pm,, is the camp shop still open at this time or the take away still open?
Thanks,,,
Hi simikins we arrive on 23rd, flying into Barcelona and staying with Siesta.
Have usually gone with Eurocamp when staying here but have now discovered how much cheaper Siesta are and the lodges looked very nice last time I was there in 2006.
I'm on countdown now and getting excited!!
Tyke, the shop will more than likely be shut (couldn't see any times on their website) but the take-away should still be going strong
Hi, we have been to La Siesta a few times with the now defunct Redcrest and we are looking to go back next year. Has anyone used Keycamp? I am comparing prices just now and they seem to offer a good deal. :D
Well, the good lady has 3 weeks confirmed off work next year, so i will be spending a week here in CDP :)

So .. people who've travelled there independently ... what's the best accom?
Hi CidermonsterII, we have just booked 2 weeks next July @ CDP with Keycamp, going back there after 5 years as the kids loved it. Used to go with Redcrest until they went bust!! We are staying in a Supernova Caravan. Best priced compared with Siesta and Canvas for a similar size van, we even added extras and still got it cheaper than a basic unit with the others.
Stayed in a lodge last year @ Estartit with Travelinterbrava but it was a bit small for 4 people. It was meant to be in CDP, but they were asked to leave CDP after we booked flights etc. and moved us to Estartit, did not like the site.

Hope this helps :)
We stayed in a Lodge at CDP with Interbrava, right across from the pool. Was great, but there was only two of us

Never ever really found out what happened between La Siesta and Interbrava :(
We asked some of the Interbrava Reps what happened, and never really got a straight answer. Just one day they were there and the next thing they were told to leave!!! and left a lot of people disapointed including us, as we were taking some other family members with us as we love the place.
At least they gave us discount when they moved us to Estartit and also gave us 2 lodges for the same price as the one big unit we had booked in CDP. We did not like Estartit. Took the family down to CDP for a day to show them about and they really liked it. What a difference in the layout of the place, of where all the Redcrest units used to sit. We were sitting having something to eat at the main restaurant in La Siesta overlooking the main pool when the water aerobics were on, and the next thing my daughter burst into tears as her memories came back of the times previous that we stayed there. Thats why we have booked up again for next year. Always enjoyed great holidays in CDP. We always went with other family members, and we met a family who had been going there for about 10 years running, we met up with them a couple of weeks ago and they said they went back last year and took all their family back on a nostalgic trip :)
We last stayed here in 2006 with Eurocamp and I'd noticed the nice looking Interbrava accomodation. When it came round to considering where to go in 2007 (France btw) I telelphoned Interbrava as I could see they no longer included CDP on their website. I assumed that their accomodation had been taken over by someone else and queried whether they knew who this was and was told by the guy in reservations that there had been a dispute between the company and the site and that their accomodation had been removed from the site.
There was also nice looking lodges with French Life who I think have been taken over since so I will be taking notes who own those now.
The Siesta lodges looked nice back then, I am so looking forward to my stay there in just over five weeks time.
That is what i heard also TeCe, but never found out just exactly what the dispute was
I am not surprised about this dispute as when we travelled there it was just a farce from start to finish the reps there were laughable. We were told that the site was open all year round but when we got there the only place open was the bar by the main pool. We were there for a week and the only entertainment while there was 1 quiz night. CDP is a lovely place and I would go back again but DEFINATELY NOT to Siesta.
In my experience Estartit is sooooo much better but we thought we would have a change .
It's a quieter campsite, you really should have been informed of that, doesn't the brochure tell you that???

Castell Montgri it isn't, and that's why i liked the change :)
I second that one CD.....great place for walking snorkeling ect, and experiencing the real spanish atmosphere....eating in great resturants on the beach...its unspoilt ...and I like it just how it is...I like the family quizzes and watching the reps act daft with the kids...doing the funny dances ect.....have matured out of the same old holiday site repetetive entertainment that you need to be half canned to sit through....tweetie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.