Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Some fantastic deals for Siesta next week would have gone only for wedding in June
hey guys i have skipped most pages and just come here,,im new so be gentle.lol i as in my cm post have said the basic things cdp is superior to cm in the all round sense,but depends what you want,,in the may time cdp has entertainment but its not as regular or as big(if the correct phrase) as cm..i have in my years worked on both camps.so know a wee bit if any basic questions..ta
Hi Broadwayboy, as you have worked at both cm and cdp, do you know what the Keycamp accom is like? We are off to cdp at the end of the month for 2 weeks. We have previously stayed with Redcrest / Siesta and Interbrava. Booked last year with Keycamp for this year as we got a great deal. There is 8 of us going and staying in 2 units. Stayed at cm 2 years ago but did not like it, as you say it all depends on what you want from a holiday. :cheers
hey hows you,,from what i know and have been told bearing in mind it was a while ago i worked there .,lol though still visit.keycamp is good,,on par with siesta id say,,though dont think they have tv in acomm and siesta do.
am good thanks!!! cannae wait, hopefully 2 weeks of :sun2 .
thanks for the info, not really bothered about the tv (get a break from it), we are taking docking station for ipod and will just chill out.
theres a niteclub complex halfway along the main road..(around 500 metres or so on the road to palafrugell)you will find you will hear the mild sound of a base sliding across the camp..lol.so if u get bored u can alway go for a boogy...the market is on sunday and its starting point is the sqaure in palafrugell,,if sunday no good you will find its normal you will get the market on another day in a town near you,, and dont be fooled by the advice from most reps to go on the organised trip like the one to market in gerona..its too exspensive and they do it to rip you off,,harsh but true.especially on la siesta were they are encouraged to keep u spending on site,,if u do venture out to a diffrent town for a market,,simply take the local bus to palfrugell bus station where the main route bus to barcelona will take you to palmos.(lovely town with great cafes ,eateries) then playa de aro(designer shops clubs etc and a theme park)it of course carries on but that should be far enough with it taking max 30 mins to get to playa de aro.the markets usually start early.so you should get the bus around 8am to 1o am do the market and then spend some time for lunch etc,(the buses are good and regular but always be prepared for slight delays)you can get the timetables from camp reception).,,the cafes on the beach in calella are cool.and right next to beach..in palarugell again most centre in sqaure...remember when u sit outside you pay more than you would sitting inside,( a common fact but not well known lol)there is also on the via englesias( street name) a brillaint little retro antique come retro shop with a little coffee shop in the back selling allsorts of memorabilla viynl records. clothes and furniture from the 50s and 60s 70s etc..its well worth a visit..if you do its the street directly leading on to the sqaure..hope some of this helps.
To prevent any of your posts being deleted, please do not post in phone style text, eg u instead of u as per our Rules of Posting:-

Rules Of Posting:

2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.

Some of our visually impaired members use Screen Readers that do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
lol ok i wasnt aware i was? but fair enough.though the reason i do it is because i have a broken collar bone, a metal plate in my arm and in my head and am partially disabled also , though for me its the opposite to the people with visual problems i tex talk because its less painfull and takes less time,so its very rare i do the full grammar anyway so to speak ,as my pain threshold is limited.hence the reason i do shorthand and tex is because i too have a disability,,but i will do my utmost too not tex talk in the future.cheers
Hi, thanks for all the information, really appreciated. We have been in Palamos before and it is a lovley town. Thanks for the tip about paying more for sitting outside than inside. :)
no prob homer,,,its a little known fact and one even well travelled folks are unaware of..there is a cafe in the sqaure called the penguin cafe...its my fav,,,coffe is good...also the bus from palfrugell bus station to camp is pretty regular but if u are taking a cab,its last time i used it was around 10 euros.i was actually meant to be in la siesta within next 2 weeks but ive only gone and broke my collar bone.shame,,though my return was a sad one as was going back on a personal level to say my goodbyes as i used to go with my partner mary whos no longer here,prob is we were well known to owners and staff etc and every time i go somewhere we used to go people(as they would not their fault)always say were is she?which is suppose is a compliment,we always used to go with siesta..so if u see steve(think that was his name)nd his wife say hello( last i knew they were still managing for siesta)he should remember me/us just say his the crazy talkative presenter scottish guy,lol and beautiful english partner mary,,even if your not with siesta go say hello they are nice.also you will encounter rosa at the bar and bottom pool complex,,very helpful.also pay a visit to lfranc and tamiru.very lovely
Hey I'm sorry to hear about your loss and breaking your collarbone. Pitty you can't go back :(
If we see Steve from Siesta I will mention you. I have been to lfranc before and will definetly be going back. Never been to tamiru though, looks ok from the webcam picture, might be worth a visit.
cheers,,yes i guess its a loss but i lok at the good times,,so lets get off that,,lol when is it your going again..im not sure if its your thing but you can go on the on the direct coach which you can get from palafrugell to barcelona,,max time 2hours..maybe even spena noght in barca/
hi everyone :wave: .....anyone been recently and want to tune me in.....went for many years with siesta coaches to salou....then a few times to callella DP...loved it....last year and this year I did AI to gran caneria.....plans for next year have been changed a few times....was going to give turkey a try as hubbie really wanted to go....then wasnt going abroad and going camping to use funds for sorting house....then a friend asked could our families holiday together next year, and Ive agreed...and we are going back again to callela DP....in the delux 8 lodges...nice cheap holiday as we will share a mobile......so whats changed....only been before in sept and going end of august this time...will there be more entertainment on in aug.......were the coaches as good this year....I noticed on line they are now charging for aircon in the delux 8.....it was in the price last time I went....tweetie
Hi Tweetie Pie, we were in CDP for the first 2 weeks of July this year. Went back after an absence of 5 years. There was 8 of us in 2 accom, stayed with Keycamp. Their accom was ok, no TV or aircon. Went with them as we got a great price for 2 weeks. There are only 2 reps for Keycamp, and we were told when we were there that we could have got another week free!!! Need to remember that for next time!!It was the hotest it has ever been this year, so you could imagine how hot and uncomfortable it was at night trying to sleep!!! Anyhow the park has changed dramaticaly since our last visit. The bar down at the bottom of the main pool has gone and been replaced with a green area with parasols and loungers. It's to do with new Spanish law, becasue there is a graveyard behind the wall. The top pool area has also changed, in that the bar and restaurant area have gone, and been replaced with the games room. Both pools now have a wooden fence around them and you have to wait until the pool attendants open gates to let you in. The entertainment stage for the kids was in the process of being set up down beside the main pool, just below the takeaway area. The entertainment was just starting up as we were leaving w/c 12th July. All the times before that we have been (about 4 times) there was always entertainment on as we always went at the same time. The family we went with, was their first time and they loved it. We will all be definatley going back.
hey homer and tweety.i used to work on la siesta and its almost my spirtual home ha,,no matter what anyone says for me its the most beautiful place in spain...tweety you will find the usual markets and dont know how long its been for you, but just off the sqaure in palafrugell(as you will know a nice wee walk) on via englesias there is a cool retro antiqy shop its great have a look,,its also got a cool little cafe.great coffee,la siesta should also still be busy with a full ents programme.,homer ,the bar has closed at bottom pool??? do you mean the outdoor one thats at the stage area? im assuming you do and not actually the main bar in the eating area at the bottom complex.,i would find that amazing if enrqiue has closed that,,,,im back in the next few weeks if i can get a deal,,always went with siesta and club c ,,but there now gone so usually siesta ,,prob is i know i will be on my own so will be expensive,,used to go with partner but shes not here anymore,so ill b go back to say goodbye,,..
Hi Broadwayboy, yeah I mean the outdoor bar at the stage area has gone and been replaced with a green area with parasols and loungers. The stage area has moved over to the back wall at the main pool, and every night the guards fence it off and bring out tables and chairs for the entertainment, you are only allowed plastic tumblers now at this area. The bar and restaurant at the top pool has also gone and been replaced with a games room. :)
phew i thougt u meant the main bar,lol...so thy have taken away the bar area there,,its funny la siesta is still good but could be so much better if he would spend money on the right things,,like a decent ents programme...lol
hi :wave: .....Im confused.....there were 2 pool areas....the one near our mobile home was a round one with a slide...next to it and raised above it was a takeaway and a resturant/bar...this was were the enterytainment was on......think the games room was underneath here.....the other pool was an oblong one with a resturant/bar by it....only the round one was open when we went....the oblong one was closed and I didnt bother going so see it....

So which one is still open......dont like the idea of the fence around it....not very nice to look at....and as it wasnt that big a pool fences would make it feel crowded in the busy times....or the attendants needing to let you in....it means if no attendant then no pool....and if the attendant has other responsibilities ???....hope they dont have a list of silly rules now that spoil the holiday.....

Broadwayboy...when you go back take some photos and post on the media gallery PLEASE :kiss ...so we can see whats been going on

Do they still have the bikes for hire? ps....we were there 2007/2008....tweetie
hey tweety .listen i can sing dance and talk but take photos and post them.,,,lol.(im laughing at myself here)im so thick with stuff like that but ill try..,,ive confused myself when is it your going?.or you have bee n already lately.?ill need to read back posts...if last time you were there the bottom was open and top closed ,in recent years thats normal as they deem it not to be busy enough..sometimes even in early or late its the top thats only open...i havent seen the fence yet either so that will be intresting though the bottom is a big pool.well for me anyway. by the way at moment anytime in sep canvas are giving away holidays,,mobiles for 150 for the week..with 3 days free when booking 7 days ,,4 free when booking 8 etc..so between 3 or even 4 people less than 40 quid,,crazy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.