Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi tweetie, yes the bottom pool is the round one. Each pool has a 4foot high fence surrounding it. The round pool now has 3 entrances to it. We were there for 2 weeks this year, begining of July. it wasn't too bad, even when the Spanish came for the weekend. :)
Hey I have just uploaded 3 photos in the Media Gallery under CDP
thanks homer and broadway boy.....4ft isnt so bad....I was imagining high fences....now I know which pool is which I can figure out whats been going on.....homer I will check out your photos.....by the way is the footy pitch and tennis courts still there....and cant remember if there were badmington courts last time we went....and do they still hire out the bikes.....tweetie
wow you are booking early..its been two years for me,,but i guess the tennis courts are there,though if i remember they have turned one into a sand based 5 a side pitch,,so maybe 1 is?,,homer may confirm this,,,the football pitch if you can call it that,lol is i imagine still there,as for badmington/ i never remember that,then again i probably wasnt paying attention,lol,,im hoping to go with canvas 1st week in sep as its so cheap and siesta are to expensive ,and ive also got a £200 pound voucher to use with cantabrica ,so im using that to pay for a coach seat with them.and itl be tghe las time i ever use them...mind you that will only get me to tossa de mar,then ill have to go north on a bus to cdp.
hi homer....your photos arent on yet.....Ive read what you said about the changes again and am still confused........when I was last there we were in the mobile homes next to the round pool...and next to the pool and raised up was a take away and a resturant /bar overlooking the round pool.......there was a games room underneath the bar/resturant..............

Is the takeaway and resturant/ bar still there next to the round pool? ...do they still have the night time entertainment there?....and is the games room still underneath it?

I remember a grassy area for sunbathing by the round pool last time I was there.....but didnt know anything about a graveyard....and dont remember a fence....I am a bit scatty so it may have been the same as it is now last time I went and I just dont remember the fence as it is only a low one ...

Cider Monster was there the last time I was.....he would know....so if your around CDM can you shed some light on wether the fence was there then.....tweetie

ps.....I usually book early if going with siesta but thought it was extra important this year.....I have a feeling the bookings will be up next year for coach holidays after all the trouble with flights this year
hi broadway boy......the last year you were there was probably the last year I was there....sad hearing you say it will be the last time you will go....tweetie
Hi Tweetie, my photos are available now. The takeaway and restuarant / bar overlooking the round pool are still there. Don't worry!!! The games room has moved up to the top pool area, it's all tables and chairs in the old games room that the campsite team bring out at night time for the entertainment at the pool side. You will see waht I mean when you go next year. Siesta have their vans overlooking the pool now (they have more vans now than the last time I was there), Keycamp have a street with about 20 vans at opposite end of the pool just to the right of the slide. There is no grassy area now beside the pool. The fence does not put you off, it's only up for saftey especially at night time. We have been going there since 2000 and it was by talking to a couple (who where there for the 9th year in a row) that we discovered that there was a graveyard behind the wall next to the round pool!! Scary eh!!
Incedently the couple we were talking to0 had met another family who have been going back on and off now for the past 25 years. Now there's loyalty for you...lol.
The footie pitch / tennis courts and bike hire are all still there.
We went this year with my sister-in-law and her family (their first time), they loved it so much they have booked up for 3 weeks next year with Keycamp again!!!
Hope all this helps...Homer. :) :)
thanks homer....had a peep at your photos....the raised area with the patasols and beds on look different...but my memory is a bit vague now...especially as I didnt use pool area just used it as a shortcut....its the boys who use the pool...

I found last years brochure tonight for this years 2010 holidays.....siesta send me one every year...they had used CDP's round pool area for the cover....and its the same in the picture as when I was last there......also we were in the delux 8's they were on the end of a row of mobile homes....raised up above a road and had a few steps to climb to the mobiles veranda....at the end of this road was the siesta site office.......the front of our mobile faced in direction of back gate and the side faced the round pool......in the cover photo you can see the sides of the mobile and a bit of the road and it all looks the same....but maybe they just cant be bothered to change the photo....cant wait to see the photos in this years broucher for next year.....

last time mobile was in a perfect position for the pool.....easy to take the lads a drink or some sandwiches ect....and the lads were in and out of it all the time......

Is the back entrance still there so you can go down to the beach ect?

Im so exited now about going back....and its a full year away.....it was my suggestion for place for us to share a mobile with friends....and I knew it as the perfect place.....but was nervous incase it had gone and changed as can happen and not always for the better....tweetie
Hi Tweetie, yeah the back entrance is still there for the walk down to beach.. I wish I was going back next year..lol but my wife is not working at the moment so we will have to wait and see!!!
hi homer....wasnt planning going anywhere myself next year...got work that needs money doing on the house......but friend asked us.... and both families sharing a mobile makes it really cheap....so decided I would get further with the house (do work myself ) if had a holiday to look forward to as well.....thought Id get a bit depressed otherwise :( ...as it has worked out Ive got coach travel, 17days/14nights in a delux 8 mobile , aircon and linen hire ....and my share of the bill is £1013....not bad for 3 adults and 1 child in august......the earlier you book the better the deal you get....I did it on net first and it looked good so phoned up and booked it.....for 5 adults and 3 children the whole cost was £1934 ......not even a week later and checked net price again and it had gone up by £50...... :D ....tweetie
wow thats expensive for me,,lol 2 years ago we got 2 mobiles,,it was 4 adukts and i child for around 250,end of june,,though that was only coach for 1,even so shows you how theve gone up,,i remeber 4 years ago geting mobile for me in sep for 80 pounds,,,lol
Hi am newbie here, and wondered if anyone can tell me if you have to pay for sunloungers around the pools at la siesta in Calella, we have been to Estartit last 2 yrs and had to pay 4 euros each :( , as a family of 6 it can take a big chunk of holiday money, we have stayed at sanguli in Salou and never had to pay. Everybody complained about the high cost in Estartit as it doesnt warn you , that you have to pay extra for them. thank-you. :cheers
Hey andon, welcome aboard... :)
You don't have to pay at CDP for loungers around the pool.(just typical of Estartit, as you will read further on) Depends what date in the year you go, you need to get at the pool early to get the good areas. We were there 1st 2 weeks of July this year. 1st week was not too bad, got loungers no problem and that was 8 of us, the 2nd week and the park gets really busy. You need to be there for around 10am. Just do what everyone else does and that's just go and put a towel on them, you can go back and get ready, unless you are an early bird...lol
If you have never been to CDP before you will love it, its' so beautiful / clean and friendly. Everyone on here would agree, if you have read all the posts..
We have been going on and off since 2000 and 2 years ago we were moved to Estartit as the firm we were staying with had to leave CDP. We did not like Estartit, too hilly / busy and staff not very friendly. We had a huge argument with owners because we bought our lunch in the supermarcat, made it up in our accom and sat down at the seating area beside the pool with the slides, and they told us to move!!! the place was empty. Never had this issue at CDP. We will never be going back, unless for a day trip to beach.. Homer. :cheers
hey welcome.as homer said no need to pay at la siesta..i guess i must fit in the loyal category working there in 91 and 93 i still go...and your right homer estartit>>>>yuk.lol for me its for the jeremy kyle brigade,,lolol serious though calella dp is beautiful,,and i love it,,,
hi you all.....while we are talking about what you need pay for......I am going with siesta but there not that good at giving this kind of details on thier site....I was nosing on keycamps site to see what there accomoation was like as quite a few of the posters have stayed with them....they had a good list of whats on the camp and what it cost to use them....some things had no price on them but said equipment for hire ....so take it they were free to use but you had to pay to hire the equipment....so if you took your own was free.....here is what I can remember of the list.....someone put me right if things are different.....

basketball....no price
badmington court.....hire equip
table tennis ....hire equip
football pitch £15...doesnt say how long for
tennis court...£10 hr....hire equip
gym.....£5 hr
bikes....£6 per day
volley ball...£15 per hour

So Im going to take the table tennis bats and balls ....and the badmington rackets ands shuttle cocks....and the lads liked hiring the bikes last time and not a bad price for all day.....any one know what the internet and pool table prices are.... and the price of a pint of larger....do they sell cider in the bars...tweetie

ps nice of you to join us andon
Hi tweetie,

We did not use any of the table tennis etc.. to hot to be running about...lol
With Keycamp, their small reception unit had all sorts of bats / balls / games / books etc that you just borrow and put back when you finish. They even have a basket of food stuff that people leave behind that you can take (unopened packets / tins etc). A good thing really as it could save you a bit of money...
The internet was 15 mins for a euro (good price in my book) and the pool table was also euro. No cider at bar unfortunatley but the supermarket had great deals on with Strongbow and Magners when we were there (took advantage of that Ha! Ha!) Think it was around 2 euros a pint if memory serves me right!!! Cocktails where around 6 euros!!! Bit pricey when you have the supermarket doing good deals. Ideal if your unit is near the entertainment area as you could just sit outside your own area and listen, if you know what I mean....
Hi - Hoping that some of the people who have visited this site could please tell me if they know of any excursions that can be taken from here. Thanks!
Hi, I have been an Estartit regular (4 times) and Salou (once) in the last 5 years, and we love Estartit but its really expensive this year. Just noticed that Siesta have got some Siesta 4's in July for just under £1400 which is really good. I have stayed in a 4 before and it was ok. Can anyone who has been to La Siesta comment on the location of the 4's at CDP please and any other general comments about what La Siesta is like in the School Holiday. Thanks
hi all....can anyone remember the price of things on the siesta coach....the friends Im going with wanted to know how much a can of beer is...also would there any problem taking 3 or 4 cans of beer on in your bag...tweetie
if i remember correctly, siesta have stopped selling beer on the coach, and i don't think any of the coach firms that go to spain encourage you drinking cans of beer.
as its not something i do anyway, i don't really take much notice.
i do know of people who take their own bottles of "coke" on board, which helps them sleep :tup
the prices of the snacks/drinks on board are usually very reasonable, and are certainly cheaper than the french service stations. just remember to take some change with you as that does help the hostess.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.