Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
My hubby and son have always worn swim shorts at La Siesta and there has never been a problem. I think possibly they've used the same literature for all their sites as in France this rules is strictly enforced at some places.
Only 11 days to go, we were looking at the map on la siesta web page, my youngest son immediatly spotted the takeaway pizza place and the ice cream parlour, i think i'll be putting on the weight i lost by the first day, Te Ce what is your name [in case i do bump into you]?, mine is Penny.
Hi Penny, it's Teresa. I'm already dreamng about the coconut ice cream in the parlour down in the village. I will pm you.
Penny, I've not used pm's before on this forum. I have sent one to you but it is showing in my outbox not sent box.
Can anyone confirm if this is how they work on here?
PMs will sit in your Outbox until picked up by the recipient, at which point they move to your Sentbox.

David :wave
Thank you David, I very much appreciate your help. x
A wee plea for help for the people just heading out to La Siesta

Have a look around and tell me what companies have accom on this site. I was originally thinking of using the apartments, but to be honest on second glance they look really basic, and the 4 apartment wouldn't be good value for money. The B4 MK4 i don't fancy having seen the location of them, and the larger ones once again wouldn't be value for money given that there are only the two of us!

Been looking at some accoms, could get accom only with Siesta (yes, i know me and Siesta haven't been good friends in the past!), a Siesta 4 Lodge for 7 nights for only £178.80 (3rd week in May), and a Siesta 6 Lodge for £241.80 for 7 nights. With Keycamp, a Classic Midi comes in at £151, and a Supernova comes in at £186 ... suddenly booking with the site doesn't look as good!!

If anyone has any experience of these accoms, i'd be delighted to take advice :)
I'll take a look around and report back who is on site and where. I usually do this anyway hence why I picked Siesta after seeing them there on my last visit in 2006.
I've not stayed in the Siesta accom before but will let you know what I think upon my return, can't help you with Keycamp either I'm afraid.
Three days left at work. Saturday to pack and then Sunday :sun2 & :cheers
Cider i've only stayed in the 8 berth lodges with siesta, they were really nice, i saw inside a siesta 6 and it looked really lovely [has 2 loo's i think], and my daughter went to her friends lodge a 4 berth and said that that was really nice also. only 1 day left at work, 2 to panic and pack, then a long sit down on saturday :rofl
Cheers guys , any info will be great

Have a great holiday :tup
I'm back, got back at 12.30 yesterday lunchtime, Cider all i saw were siesta, keycamp and canvas on site, the woodern chalets look delightful but very dark inside, the white washed bungalows look really nice otherwise all the lodges look more or less the same as the siesta lodges.
The place is absolutely beautiful, fantastic scenery, campsite very clean, i had a fantastic holiday, met up with TeCe [sorry i did'nt get chance to say goodbye Teresa, last day was chaotic, and we were homeless from 9 am onwards], but as delightful as Port Bo and LaFranc are they are very lacking in shops, we walked into Palafrugel, then discovered the local bus service which was excellent and easy to understand, the shops were much better there, but i prefered the shops in Estartit, the food on the campsite was very good, Cider you should try the vegetarian pizza from the take-away one of the best i've ever eaten, but the entertainment does let the place down, and my 3 children although enjoying themselves all prefered CM, i think the perfect holiday would be CM's large pool, entertainment, and kids activities placed in CDP with Estartits shops placed in Port Bo :tup
I think that La Siesta campsite is cheaper than CM and the food is far far better.
We would appreciate it if anyone who has stayed here could update our reviews page HERE

luci :wave
Glad you enjoyed simikins, do you think the Siesta 4 lodge would be ok for myself and the wife?

La Siesta isn't CM, but that appeals to me as it's nice to have a change. I agree the entertainment was slightly lacking, but then again CM's entertainment does nothing for me now either as it's been the same for the last couple of decades!! :rofl

Lack of shops does me just fine :tup
Cider if it's just the two of you a siesta 4 would be fine.
Forgot to add no-one was wearing speedo's in the pool, just the long shorts :)
You sound almost disappointed at the lack of speedos!! :rofl
I'm back and glad to report that on my 3rd visit to La Siesta it has not lost any of it's appeal. My only complaint was that the 2nd week the top pool and bar closed thus the kids were not able to play table tennis of an evening which they had been enjoying the first week. Since our last visit they have made the top bar and restaurant into a game rooms and moved the restaurant into the main bar. I can't comment on the food as when eating out we went off site due to having a car.
My first time staying with Siesta and the kids loved staying among fellow Brits and called it English Row.
Nice to have met you Penny and all the good things you told me about Estartit and CM has made me think that I might give it a try someday.
Cider as previously stated by Penny I could only see Canvas, Siesta and Keycamp of the English companies. There were lots of nice looking lodges with Tent Holidays (Dutch) and Homair (French I think). I would definitely stick with Siesta should we go again as all the lodges have a balcony and for the fact that the kids made friends with fellow Brits. If you are driving and decide on Siesta I would advise that you request accomodation with a parking space as many of the 4 lodges do not have any. We were lucky and had a small spot but the folk over the road did not have any. A Siesta 4 Lodge will be perfectly adequate for just the two of you.
Any questions do not hesitate to ask.
TeCe, thanks for the report

Keycamp and Siesta ain't much difference pricewise, but although Keycamp are slightly cheaper, i don't think their facilities are as good as what Siesta have in their mobiles. I checked the Canvas site but their accom prices are just outrageous!! If you stayed in English row, then i think Canvas must be Millionaires row!! :rofl

So, it looks like it will be Siesta for me, even though i still have reservations about doing so considering my past with them!! Mind you, that's been over a decade now, so i guess i've punished them enough by going elsewhere, and everyone deserves a second chance. I'll ask about the parking space, good advice thanks :)

PS I hope your 'English' row really was ... you know how picky i am ;)
hi CDM.....looking like we are on our way back to Callela DP....to a delux 8 lodge....next august....not booked yet but only waiting to get confirmation of date for other important trip.... and then have details all decided ect and just need get on phone and book it.....we were going to caravan and give family hols abroad a miss this year....but son finaly sorted his wedding for august in rhodes...then I realised it was hubbys 50th in july and took family gran caneria...so landed up having 2 hols this year ... my 14 yr old believe it or not has chosen to go back to callela dp.....and the others have agreed...we had a great time AI in gran caneria...and thought Id give him the choice as it was him who originaly asked could he go back to callela dp....but he really had a good time in gran caneria and thought that would be his choice....I was undecided as had been spoilt with the AI in gran caneria , no shopping or cooking ect...but love callela dp and wanted to go back....so gave 14 yr old the choice between them....tweetie

ps...will be siesta coaches....looked into flying to gerona and then transferes ect....was just too awkward ...flight days times ect arent a good match to accomodation booking days times ect....transferes cost too much....and dont want hubby driving......so coach it is
Well, that's me booked our week, for 16th May next year. Went with Siesta, as they were by far the best value for money and the best accom, but i do have to admit i was slightly anxious when booking it .... probably because of my past issues with them!!!

Well, everyone deserves a second chance, and that was 10 years ago, so they'd better bloody well get it right this time ...... !!!!! :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.